Author Topic: Need some help here.....  (Read 3383 times)

Offline madmike1488

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
Need some help here.....
« on: April 05, 2013, 05:17:15 AM »
As posted before, I've got a pickit 3 and do not have a clue on how to use it. Sad part is, I've had a programming class in school but needless to say, I was the guy in the back of class passing on attendance only. So I was wanting to ask if someone could explain the process from start to finish on how to use this programmer. I've got the mplab software and a pic12f683 to play with as well as a few programs but have no idea on how to set it up. A step by step would be awesome. I know you're probably thinking, "What a noob", well, you're right, that's why I'm posting this. This isn't a "I want rapid fire" post. I really wanna know how to program, at least the basics of it. Thanks guys for any help.

Offline 3D0kassiah

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +19/-2
  • Acidmods User
Re: Need some help here.....
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 06:29:34 AM »
hate to sound like an a$$ but why did u buy a programmer that is a bit more complicated when you could've got ahold of a programmer which is easier to use?
and maybe someone will hold your hand through this with your" step by step" but dont count on it
i personally dont own a pickit3 but after a few mins yes mins of  searching i have a general idea on how to do it
in general you hook up your pic then pretty much flash your hex and test
every [programmer differs when dealing with software
just click around and SEARCH trust me you will find your info
Tracey: f off Rodent
rodent:i would of flew it to bill gates and shoved it up his a$$

Offline madmike1488

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 06:45:12 AM »
Well considering the fact that I didn't BUY anything, I got it for free and wasn't really interested in programming until then. I did do a search on here and couldn't find anything helpful, hints why I posted this post. Oh, and correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this a site to come to for "HELP" with electronics? That's the impression I was under. But hey, thanks for AAAAAAALLLLLL your useful help. I'm sooooooo sorry I'm not as good with electronics as most of the people on here. Still learning, you were in the same spot as this once. But thanks though, I'm sure someone will come along with helpful advice.

Offline 3D0kassiah

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +19/-2
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 07:28:15 AM »
Well considering the fact that I didn't BUY anything, I got it for free and wasn't really interested in programming until then. I did do a search on here and couldn't find anything helpful, hints why I posted this post. Oh, and correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this a site to come to for "HELP" with electronics? That's the impression I was under. But hey, thanks for AAAAAAALLLLLL your useful help. I'm sooooooo sorry I'm not as good with electronics as most of the people on here. Still learning, you were in the same spot as this once. But thanks though, I'm sure someone will come along with helpful advice.

calm down there keyboard cowboy
yes this site is for help or anything else in general but NO ONE is gonna babysit you hold your hand and do all the work for you
and yes i'll admit i was a noob to i still am at some things but guess what....i read and search until my head explodes at that until im completely stumped i'll ask someone but im not gonna tell someone to do all the work for me
and when did i ever say do a search on acidmods for your problem?
trust me you dont think the company that produces that pickit somehow...now this might sound weird would have  help and support for their own product
 :w00t:
and trust me this is helpful advice and many other members won't be nice to you as i have
Tracey: f off Rodent
rodent:i would of flew it to bill gates and shoved it up his a$$

Offline madmike1488

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 08:00:51 AM »
LMFAO,Wasn't no one trying to be a "keyboard cowboy", and wasn't asking anyone to "Do all the work" either. I was simply asking for help on how to set this up. I have done a lot of reading on this and I don't have a full understanding of it and still had a lot of questions, once again, that's why I'm in here. But I guess you're the only one who can "read until your head explodes" and then come in here to ask for help. Clearly you can't help so why keep posting, "Keyboard cowboy"? Good job on helping this modding community grow. Keep up the good work. :tup:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 08:05:04 AM by madmike1488 »

Offline Tracey

• That Blonde Bitch
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Save all the bunnies!
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 08:13:50 AM »
Can't we all just get along.. here, lets sing together.. we'll just replace "rhinestone" with "keyboard"..
Glen Campbell Rhinestone Cowboy
*****Kokomo won't play your games!*****

Offline madmike1488

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 08:26:33 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bwjZXv5wl0

Song playing while I'm walking out the door.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 08:30:28 AM by madmike1488 »

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 09:44:18 AM »
As posted before, I've got a pickit 3 and do not have a clue on how to use it. Sad part is, I've had a programming class in school but needless to say, I was the guy in the back of class passing on attendance only. So I was wanting to ask if someone could explain the process from start to finish on how to use this programmer. I've got the mplab software and a pic12f683 to play with as well as a few programs but have no idea on how to set it up. A step by step would be awesome. I know you're probably thinking, "What a noob", well, you're right, that's why I'm posting this. This isn't a "I want rapid fire" post. I really wanna know how to program, at least the basics of it. Thanks guys for any help.

This site is here to help those in Need. also the "PICKIT 3 " Is just used to program the chip. You have to learn coding yourself.  and i believe if you use our search on here there is post that members have posted to help you with programing/Coding...  No offence but sitting in the back of the class gets you know where... I know I did it for years. I had to learn the hardway.   nothing is handed to you in life. Its your will power to learn. if you don't understand it then move on to something else.

If you need help setting the Pickit 3 up then i am sure there are members on here who can help with that.

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 11:28:30 AM »
From Start To Finish, Plug In The PickiT , Plug In The Chip, Program It With Mplab, Disconnect And Install. Done! Dint Say I Didnt help

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 03:44:16 PM »
Restored you video above so everyone can see your childish attitude.

The pickkit3 on a basic level is pritty straight forward. plug everything in, use open software, program chip and install chip into controller.

use this to understand what you have:
link
and this is the user guide:
link
and here is a video tutorial you are lookingfor:
link
those were also the first three google results for "how to use pickit3 easy"

Read the data sheets this is a must for any electronic project there is no way around it. you should actually start there if you actually want to learn, not just do.

We left your account open so you can use our resources, your welcome, But If you ever speak to my wife in such a manner again (through IM) it will be the last time you see this site, TRY ME.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 04:17:28 PM by Modded Matt »

Offline ViSioNXx

• Global Moderator
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • PC Guru
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 04:14:02 PM »
Nice vid. very informative.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 04:18:48 PM by ViSioNXx »

Offline madmike1488

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 05:15:51 PM »
Wow, look man, I wasn't wanting nothing handed to me and I wasn't the one who came in here being a douche bag. I had a question, just like 90% of the people in this community. I DID do some searching around as much as I could while at work. Sorry for making the mistake of thinking other modders would step and help me out a little while on the run.

Modded Matt, you found a good tut and I thank you. Like I said, while at work, it's kinda hard to do a really good search, and at the same time, if you go back and look all my past posts, I've done nothing but give people respect in here so I'm not gonna sit back and let someone try to make me sound like dumb a$$ because I got something for free and trying to figure it out.

Rodent, yah, sitting in the back of the class don't help, but it was a one semester class and everything else was electronic based classes. Once again though, just figured I'd ask for a little help. No babysitting, hand holding or anyone doing all the work for me. Just a good reference like Matt posted. Sorry you guys had to see the childish B.S.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal