Author Topic: Internal camera soldering problem  (Read 2629 times)

Offline ancoolguy

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Internal camera soldering problem
« on: December 15, 2012, 12:39:22 PM »
Hi, i'm trying to do the internal Go! Cam mod on my psp 1000. The problem is when i tried soldering the 5 wires to the small mini usb pins (on the camera) i accidentally soldered two pins together and while trying to desolder, both of the pins popped out. I was a little too careless and they got bent quite a bit, and its hard to get them back in without bending them even more. So my question is, can i solder directly to the camera ribbon? or is there an easier way?

PICS:
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/7395/img41332.jpg
http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/5236/dsc0043xv.jpg

Offline 3D0kassiah

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +19/-2
  • Acidmods User
Re: Internal camera soldering problem
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 01:19:03 PM »
ypu can try and scrape the ribbon with an xacto knife or something to expose the trace then from there you can try and attach a wire think 30awg should be good
Tracey: f off Rodent
rodent:i would of flew it to bill gates and shoved it up his a$$

Offline ancoolguy

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 02:35:52 PM »
ypu can try and scrape the ribbon with an xacto knife or something to expose the trace then from there you can try and attach a wire think 30awg should be good
But how would i go about scraping where the 5 mini usb pins connect to the ribbon? i was supposed to solder a wire to each of the 5 pins, do i have to scrape 5 individual really small scratches on the rectangular hole in the middle and solder 5 wires to each? also do i scrape the brightest copper or where it's darker? yeah i'm kind of a noob.

Offline 3D0kassiah

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +19/-2
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 03:01:28 PM »
just follow each trace that you need to solder and scrape it there to expose the trace and yes if u completely destroyed it you have to go one by one
should be more careful next time taking your time saves you alot of headaches

example:
--------------(destroyed pad)
so you would
------(expose trace here)----(destroyed pad)
solder to where it says expose trace here and run your wires for each line that you messed up its not an easy thing to repair because its a ribbon and theres not alternate point but with time and patience it can be done
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 03:03:12 PM by 3D0 »
Tracey: f off Rodent
rodent:i would of flew it to bill gates and shoved it up his a$$

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal