Author Topic: Best Buy Canada leaks Wii Mini  (Read 3151 times)

Offline Rythion

• Blogs & Media Team
  • ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +5/-0
  • PSP Modder
Best Buy Canada leaks Wii Mini
« on: November 27, 2012, 03:58:11 AM »

This Nintendo hardware has made unannounced visit to Best Buy's Canadian site. Not much has been reviled other then a date. 'Coming December 7, 2012'.
From aside from that the preorder link is not online, But you can spot the Wii mini's sporting a new red and black design. The system itself look to be as small as a Wii remote. Nintendo hasn't given a price yet, but as the days go by, I am sure will start to see more pics and how much it would cost to buy a Wii mini.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/home.aspx 
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 04:03:19 AM by Rythion »

Offline SweetIvy

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Model Kit Painter/Wii Soft Modder
Re: Best Buy Canada leaks Wii Mini
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 12:44:11 PM »
Update

Nintendo have officially revealed the Wii Mini, a smaller version of the Wii,
which will—at least for now—be released exclusively in  Canada during the holiday season.

The Wii Mini will come with a red Wii Remote Plus and Nunchuk controller,
sensor bar, power adapter, and composite cable.

Wii Mini will be available for $100 in Canada and doesn’t include
Gamecube backward compatibility or the ability to connect to the Internet.

The system will hit Canada on December 7th.

Source
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 12:44:49 PM by SweetIvy »

Offline Tenac

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Pothead
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 02:44:56 PM »
Update

Nintendo have officially revealed the Wii Mini, a smaller version of the Wii,
which will—at least for now—be released exclusively in  Canada during the holiday season.

The Wii Mini will come with a red Wii Remote Plus and Nunchuk controller,
sensor bar, power adapter, and composite cable.

Wii Mini will be available for $100 in Canada and doesn’t include
Gamecube backward compatibility or the ability to connect to the Internet.

The system will hit Canada on December 7th.

Source
Paying less for less.....why?  No wifi or backwards compatability, wtf?  I'm not a fan, I don't like when businesses market simpler, cheaper products for profit rather than improving on what they have and adding-on.

Small releases and progressive improvements is the business model for companies like Apple and Nintendo I feel like, and it's slows down the true potential of where the products could go if they cared a little less about just improving profits.  I don't blame them, but I'm not a fan of these types of products when I'd rather shell out extra $$ personally for the best option.

Offline SweetIvy

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Model Kit Painter/Wii Soft Modder
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 05:36:46 PM »
Paying less for less.....why?  No wifi or backwards compatability, wtf?  I'm not a fan, I don't like when businesses market simpler, cheaper products for profit rather than improving on what they have and adding-on.

Small releases and progressive improvements is the business model for companies like Apple and Nintendo I feel like, and it's slows down the true potential of where the products could go if they cared a little less about just improving profits.  I don't blame them, but I'm not a fan of these types of products when I'd rather shell out extra $$ personally for the best option.

Yeah I felt the same way reading about it. I guess there trying to snag parents buying for children.

Non wifi so kids cant play multiplayer and they dont own old games so they dont care about gamecube games.

Kinda like the ds models to the XLs "it's not a replacement but another option for gamers."

Offline Crumbz

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
  • Networking & Database Administrator
    • www.asagia.net (Coming Soon!)
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 06:38:54 PM »
well from a buisness perspective the answer as to why is simple. its the same move that Sony makes right before they are going to release a new console (Sony is SOO predictable) Take for example, the PSVita was announced and shrtly after the PSP 4000 was released in Australia and part6s of the UK only.

companies will do this to use up old reserve parts that they have sitting around in warehouses just in case they cant produce more from the factory (Ex: Fire or explosion). So rather then sell them all as replacment parts they just figure out how many of each part they have left and total how many units they can make if they remove some parts or the more expensive parts, or some parts that could be used on the new upcoming console.

its simply just them trying to squeeze the last bit of toothpaste from the tube so to speak.

Minecraft Server (Online)
Name: Asagia Realm's
Address: mc.asagia.net:65156

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal