Author Topic: Thinking about selling a classic what do you think  (Read 3412 times)

Offline l0rdnic0

• 2%
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +8/-0
  • TeamCYBER

Thinking about selling a classic what do you think
« on: September 18, 2012, 10:34:07 PM »
OK all help me out with this. As you know I have been away for a LONG TIME..... :faint:. Heck I had to search for this thread JK.

THIS IS NOT A FOR SALE THREAD!!! Just asking everyone what they think I should do, as this PSP has historical value (to me and I guess Acidmods) and sentimental value.

What I have here is my personal PSP Slim that was used in almost all of my SLIM PSP mods and I'm thinking about selling it. Thing is on ebay PSP (TA-085)'s are going for 65$ bucks or so and well that does not excite me.

Presently (Today) I'm installing it in a brand new white shell (moving it from a clear shell but have not finished) with Blue trim, Blue buttons, Blue thumb stick and clear triggers.... Mods installed are LM386 Sound reactive, 12 or 16 mode RGB LEDS (LEDS only in the triggers, could add more to the current setup but I stopped at 2), RGB sound reactive (but a little dimmer when in that mode) USB charging (Yes I know that's an OS feature but this was done in HW so the PSP can be powered off and charge) and Electronic Switch Mod to control the RGBs (no external switch to control RGBs its all done with the NOTE button). Its currently running Daxes 5.00 M33-6 and would a PhotoFast CR-5400 running 16 Gig, configured as Pandora with MANY MANY other tools and software.. (sorry not shipping with ISO's. The battery is also Pandora-ed..

I would include the original BOX, Manuals and UMD's it was originally a Dextor PSP Box set purchased from BestBuy on release day. (receipt included, think I still have it). Also the original silver shell with next to no wear at all... I'll also toss in the clear shell I just took it out of and the Blue triggers that go with the rest of the buttons.... ADDITIONALLY I'll include the XBOX/PSP Chatpad that I modded a PSP remote and a nice new soft case to keep the PSP shinny and new.

There I think I covered everything..... So what do you think I would get for something like that? I doubt I would get any additional monies because it was used in all the original modes and featured on Acidmods as well as Engadget, hackaday and gizmodo and many others and that's sad but I understand.

I'll post pictures tomorrow and a cool video of the RGB's and modes, I'm sure I have something on my youtube channel but I would much perfer to make a new nice video.. Presently I had to order a new UMD Disk switch since the one I had is broken so I'll have to fix that this week when it comes in...

If you want more details on the RGB mod to help you make a decision I'll add that info but basically its 12 or 16 modes (cant remember may be more). with freeze and EEPROM save..
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 10:35:25 PM by l0rdnic0 »

L0rdNiC0 Pioneering Mods on the PSP Slim :taunt:
Sound Mod, Button LED Mod, Security Mod, Dual NUB, Mode Select Switch + More

Offline l0rdnic0

• 2%
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +8/-0
  • TeamCYBER

Re: Thinking about selling a classic what do you think
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 01:39:41 PM »
I'm confused by your post?

Offline PSP0verl0rd

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 10:43:32 PM »
Surprised no one has replied to this. I agree the info to do the mods are readily available but some links are dead and most are too lazy and scared to open their devices. I think if you put it up on ebay you should get around $200 US or more. Your mods look really cool and alot of people would pay to claim them for themselves. Anyways I've just created this account(I know it's kinda late, maybe by like 4 years lol) but I've always been a fan of yours. I love your mods. Very inspiring. I revisited a bunch of your tuts and mods and decided to give them a try :).

Offline l0rdnic0

• 2%
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +8/-0
  • TeamCYBER

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 08:33:11 PM »
Thank you I'm humbled. Never thought that my work was better then anyone else's, I just liked modding and helping the community. 2007 was a great year for PSP modding and I'm glad I was involved with the movement if you would call it that.

Offline PSP0verl0rd

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 09:00:06 PM »
Yeah it's been great. PSP has died now and most links are dead. Mods are hard to get to now. Always wanted to do dual nubs but no one sells those anymore. Makes me wish I could've started earlier

Offline mario_99

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +5/-3
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 10:19:50 AM »
With what your offering I'm sure you'll get more than just 65, I recently sold a psp 3000 hold switch LEDs for 110

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal