Author Topic: Apple vs Samsung  (Read 6577 times)

Offline Rythion

• Blogs & Media Team
  • ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +5/-0
  • PSP Modder
Apple vs Samsung
« on: August 25, 2012, 03:23:40 AM »
Apple has won the fight against Samsung and by the looks of things Samsung is not looking to good. After the jury Friday decided that Samsung stole and or ripped off apple's iPhone and iPad Technology. The jury ordered Samsung to pay Apple $1.05 billion. That's not the end of it, Jurors also decided against some of Apple's claims involving the two dozen Samsung devices at issue, declining to award the full $2.5 billion Apple demanded. However, the jury found that several Samsung products illegally used such Apple creations as the "bounce-back" feature when a user scrolls to an end image, and the ability to zoom text with a tap of a finger. As part of its lawsuit, Apple also demanded that Samsung pull its most popular cellphones and computer tablets from the U.S. market. A judge was expected to make that ruling at a later time. This lawsuit could potentially make Samsung hurt really bad to the point where they might have to remove a lot of there popular Android phones on the market. Could anybody picture the only smartphone would be a iPhone? To be honest that would drive me a little insane due to the fact that I and everyone else in the world loves variety and having the same old thing is just boring. What do you guys think will Samsung come back stronger or do you think the company will suffer some more by the hands of Apple?

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
Re: Apple vs Samsung
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 05:09:06 AM »
I find this whole thing hilarious, how do you copy a rectangle with a button on it. To top it off samsung even manufactures the some of the cpu's for apples products.
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline Rythion

• Blogs & Media Team
  • ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +5/-0
  • PSP Modder
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 06:15:34 AM »
I find this whole thing hilarious, how do you copy a rectangle with a button on it. To top it off samsung even manufactures the some of the cpu's for apples products.
I know right it's like biting the hand that feeds you. I don't understand why they would sue them even though that samsung helped apple out a lot.

Offline musttachee

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ima NooBie :3
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 09:06:34 AM »
for me they r exactly the same thing (PHONES!!!!!!) they only difirence its that samsung phones r HUGE!!!!

Offline Crumbz

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
  • Networking & Database Administrator
    • www.asagia.net (Coming Soon!)
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 03:26:53 PM »
in my opinion i think samsung should revoke the licences for the memory chips on apple products and threaten to sue them for that same 2.5 billion if they do not remove their products from their devices immediatly.

That would probably destroy apple as samsung is the sole manufacture of 98% of all the memory chips used in any mobile device. Apple devices included.

But on another note i personally hate Apple and all of their products for one simple reason... conformity. Everything to them has to be the same, and it has to be from them. They charge over 300% more for their products then they are actually worth.

Fun Fact: Spend $2200.00 on an Apple laptop that you are not able to upgrade or repair and will die in just three years at most... OR you can spend that $2200.00 on a different laptop that runs windows and get one that surpasses that Apple laptop bar none and IS upgradable AND repairable and will not die in just three years.

In short... brand name products like Apple cost more but do less then smaller name brands for the same price.

Minecraft Server (Online)
Name: Asagia Realm's
Address: mc.asagia.net:65156

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
  • something something Tech support
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 12:07:09 AM »
in my opinion i think samsung should revoke the licences for the memory chips on apple products and threaten to sue them for that same 2.5 billion if they do not remove their products from their devices immediatly.

That would probably destroy apple as samsung is the sole manufacture of 98% of all the memory chips used in any mobile device. Apple devices included.

But on another note i personally hate Apple and all of their products for one simple reason... conformity. Everything to them has to be the same, and it has to be from them. They charge over 300% more for their products then they are actually worth.

Fun Fact: Spend $2200.00 on an Apple laptop that you are not able to upgrade or repair and will die in just three years at most... OR you can spend that $2200.00 on a different laptop that runs windows and get one that surpasses that Apple laptop bar none and IS upgradable AND repairable and will not die in just three years.

In short... brand name products like Apple cost more but do less then smaller name brands for the same price.
it will never NEVER happen if they pulled a move like that apple would just dip in to their bank considering they have  104 billion last i heard and build their own factory and have the cpu and memory designed in house  don't get me wrong i own an galaxy nexus and wouldn't buy an iphone as my primary  phone due to size of screen and walled garden to name a few also i would like to  point out how much i know samsung will never do it they just invested 3 billion in their austin texas factory to get the cpus and memory out fast enough  as well as this is a quote from last year 
Apple is about to become Samsung's biggest customer in a deal estimated to be worth US$7.8 billion. As part of its purchase, Apple will be securing LCD displays, NAND flash memory and mobile chipsets from the Korean manufacturer.
do you honestly think their going to cancel out of  an 7.8 billion deal just because of the trial out comes

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 02:57:22 PM »

They will never revoke licence there is likely a multi billion dollar pull out clause and if they did as tod said they have $117 billion in liquid cash that's not just assets that what they can pull out there giant mattress right now and would build there own manufacture plant. They already design there own CPUs in house as they have bought several design firms in the past they don't currently design there own memory but if needed they could even if they had to buy the team to do so.
As for the part about them only lasting 3 years my MacBook pro is fron jan 2006 when they were first released and it still works fine even after been abused by me. I've had the compete opposite experience with windows laptops as have my fried who still end up needing a new one every year or two as they have broken.

I'm glad Samsung were shown a lesson as a fair few of there products just blatantly copy. Even using apple graphics in there own shop displays once or twice. Hopefully now this will mean Samsung and similar will go back to the drawing board and actually innovate and come up with something new and unique.

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
  • something something Tech support
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 01:15:47 AM »
all i gotta leave here is this which is so dam true

Offline Phantom

• Club AM VIP
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +11/-1
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 03:31:25 AM »
that picture is a bit deceiving, samsung have released way more than 4 phones since 2007 and there are many that look nothing like an iphone. Someone has just picked out the phones that look similar...

hopefully samsung come back bigger and better

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 04:39:37 AM »
Samsung will bounce back, they have ingenuity and a wide range of skill-sets when it comes to tech. Apple realises it is an uphill battle to keep the iphone on top with arguably superior phones such as the s3 giving them a run for their money.

It will be interesting to see where smartphones end up in a few years, weather the general public will take on to the freedom of open-source android based phones, or stick with the simplicity and ease-of-use that IOS provides.

(btw I don't own a samsung phone, and don't own a single apple product either. Still rocking a Htc TP2).
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 04:41:48 AM by GhoSt »
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline Tracey

• That Blonde Bitch
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Save all the bunnies!
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 11:09:08 AM »
Gene Roddenberry should sue Apple. Original tablet (or PADD) idea started in the 60's on star trek.

*****Kokomo won't play your games!*****

Offline Crumbz

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
  • Networking & Database Administrator
    • www.asagia.net (Coming Soon!)
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 12:27:13 PM »
Gene Roddenberry should sue Apple. Original tablet (or PADD) idea started in the 60's on star trek.

THANK YOU!!! I swear ive been looking for that picture of bill gates for almost a week. You are like my hero right now! lol

Also for those wondering i don't really hate apple products, i just hate apple as a company. Would i recommend an apple product to a noob? probably... but would i recommend an android product to someone more experienced? Defiantly! iOS leaves so much freedom to be desired.

As for the part about them only lasting 3 years my MacBook pro is fron jan 2006 when they were first released and it still works fine even after been abused by me. I've had the compete opposite experience with windows laptops as have my fried who still end up needing a new one every year or two as they have broken.

The same goes for my own computers, ive had them for years and ive never had any problems with them hardware related. with windows yes i have all the time, i never said windows OS was better then Mac OS. Even the Windows 8 Preview i have sucks. I honestly prefer linux like Ubuntu or Peppermint over anything.

Not trying to start nuthing....

Minecraft Server (Online)
Name: Asagia Realm's
Address: mc.asagia.net:65156

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal