Author Topic: looking to price a xbox controller redesign mod  (Read 2909 times)

Offline he4then

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
looking to price a xbox controller redesign mod
« on: June 19, 2012, 06:43:11 PM »
found this image through stumbleupon. (image only)

thought the concept was awesome but could find nothing more
finally with a little snooping around i found another picture which led me to this site.

it appears to be a prototype or unfinished version. (button placement looks identical)

i searched far and wide through the forums to locate its creator or more info on it but with no luck
if someone could point me in the direction of its creator or more info on it that would awesome

OR

if anyone would like to talk prices for something like this to be commissioned, even better

to be specific im looking to take a standard wired controller and add extra A B X Y in a similar layout to the ones in the img above. they would be slightly different to sit where my fingers are actually positioned but i could draw up a quick diagram of the desired layout.  lets talk money, i know custom mods can run higher than just adding rapid fire or other things. im not looking for anything like that. just a simple redesign. i would actually prefer the original buttons to work as well but if that is technically impossible [no idea] then so be it. i would also like for the sticks to be as they appear in the 2nd img

this would be perfect for someone experienced who could knock it out in a few hours/days or someone who wants a new project.
what would you charge? what kind of time frame could i expect? if it turns out to be as helpful as i think, i may order a second and i may be able to bring others to you: the idea has been hotly discussed within my gaming community so i took it upon myself to find out more.

thanks in advance for any help you guys / gals can provide.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 06:45:41 PM by he4then »

Offline Phantom

• Club AM VIP
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +11/-1

Offline Sammy

• BST BAN
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +15/-1
Re: looking to price a xbox controller redesign mod
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 07:39:13 PM »
Another guy just asked the same thing, https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,41891.0.html  Talk to Modded Matt about it, he the one that replied to the last one.

Toad: Sam, You sound like your stoned out of your mind lol
Me: :D

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 05:03:19 AM »
This is a labor of love. To do a modification like that takes alot of time. something that has become a valuable resource in my life as of late. The cost on such a modification will range somewhere around $250-400 depending on where the buttons are to be placed and how.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 06:07:14 AM »
This is a labor of love. To do a modification like that takes alot of time. something that has become a valuable resource in my life as of late. The cost on such a modification will range somewhere around $250-400 depending on where the buttons are to be placed and how.
Thats a good deal being you can't get a controller anywhere else then here at Acidmods!

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 10:42:39 AM »
Foo did one, cyber did one, and I have done three or four. its a labor of love.

Offline Crumbz

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
  • Networking & Database Administrator
    • www.asagia.net (Coming Soon!)
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 06:09:07 PM »
ive alwaysed loved your and F00 F00's work matt. you guys never cease to amaze but its too bad F00F00 quit the scene because it was work like this that made this site truly awesome! And the people here more so!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 06:12:13 PM by Crumbz »

Minecraft Server (Online)
Name: Asagia Realm's
Address: mc.asagia.net:65156

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal