Author Topic: PS3 Rapid Fire....  (Read 5265 times)

Offline madmike1488

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
PS3 Rapid Fire....
« on: June 03, 2012, 03:16:59 PM »
Hey fellas, I will apologize in advance if there is a thread on this already, but dang-it, I have looked everywhere and couldn't find what I needed. So here we go. I have built a simple 555 timer chip. Didn't have to use a transistor. All I used was a 10uf cap and a couple of resistors along with the 555 timer and a tac button. I put an L.E.D. in the circuit to make sure it's pulsing and I've got it to about 6-8 pulses per second. So I know it's up and going. What I'm needing help with is the tp's because I'm a complete newb to playing around with the ps3 controllers. How would I install this in an MSU_V3.5X 1.12 (DualShock 3) controller?

Offline magic_man185

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +16/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: PS3 Rapid Fire....
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 04:27:40 PM »
Unfortunately, at least as far as I understand it, you cannot use a simple 555 circuit to rapidfire the PS3 controller.  The xbox 360 controller could use it, because the triggers are driven high or low when the trigger is pulled.  However, the PS3 controller uses a serial polling system that puts multiple buttons/triggers on the same line, and it loops through them, checking the status one at a time.  In order to rapidfire the PS3 controller, you have to have something synced with the looping of the signal that checks the buttons/triggers, then manipulate the trigger at the right time.  There is a code in the free code section of this forum that works for the PS3 controllers, and is programmed onto a 12f683 microchip.

Offline madmike1488

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 04:15:12 AM »
Cool, and thanks for taking the time to explain that to me. I guess I'm off to the shop to pick up parts to build a pic programmer. I know I could just buy a kit, but I'm in school for this stuff. Right on man. :hifive:

Offline Phantom

• Club AM VIP
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +11/-1
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 04:53:48 AM »
the 555 timer should work, Gblaster has a good tutorial here:http://forums.qj.net/ps3-hacks-exploits-homebrew/145601-release-gblasters-new-rapid-fire-no-pre-programmed-chips.html

but as magic man suggested a PIC is definitely the better option.

Offline madmike1488

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 04:55:52 AM »
Yah, I've checked out GBlasters vid but it doesn't show what to hook it up to,( TP'S) that sort of think. Do you have any other suggestions before I put this in my sons xbox controller?

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 07:06:36 AM »
Gblaster one does heat up when i did it but that was the first to be done now there is code out for the ps3 i would get the codes for the PIC as its only few wires and your done
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

Offline madmike1488

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 07:00:40 PM »
Cool, I'm gonna make a programmer first and go from there. Like I said, I know I could just buy a kit, but as an Electronics student, I've gotta do this my self.......at least once. Thanks guys for the info.  :tup:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal