Author Topic: Hazer - Help with Remappable PS3 controller  (Read 3019 times)

Offline pooky73

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Hazer - Help with Remappable PS3 controller
« on: November 11, 2011, 09:21:15 AM »
I saw and LOVE the controller you did for Askacapper!  I'm a C6-7 Quadriplegic. It's been 23 years.  I love C.O.D.   I'm waiting on my copy of MW3 and hoping you can remap some buttons on the game.  My main problem is I can't press R1 to scope in.  I was thinking on trying to get someone to remap my controller so L2 would act like R1.  Or how about just making it to where when I press L1, it would be like pressing both L1 and R1 at the same time?  How much would it cost to do one like Askacapper?  Thanks!

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
Re: Hazer - Help with Remappable PS3 controller
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 10:30:50 AM »
Hello pooky73,

Right now, the remap code and utility allow you to re-assign any of the 14 buttons to each other. You can make them all R1 if you want. What it does not do (right now) is assign 2 buttons pressed at the same time using only 1. But, I can look into updating the code and utility to do that. It will not be something that will be available overnight. The good thing is that any updates like this can be loaded into an already modded controller since the design uses a bootloader which allows code updates in the future.

As far as me personally doing this mod to your contorller, I dont have the time. But you can post a request in the 'modders for hire' section in this forum and get a bid from one of the guys to do the mod for you. These guys do mods all the time and are highly qualified. The files are all posted publically.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 10:54:21 AM »
It will be after Christmas before I can take it on. I am super swamped with the site and life. If you don=t have it by them contact me. otherwise as hazer said the mod files and instructions are public. anyone who has a decent modding ability can do this for you. but its not going to be cheap. I would guess the cost would be somewhere in the $200 range including the controller. evil controllers would be upwards of $400

Offline pooky73

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 12:04:09 PM »
OK Thanks guys!  I will let you know something after Christmas.  You all have Happy Holidays!  Scott

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal