Author Topic: Kindle Fire  (Read 4846 times)

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
Kindle Fire
« on: September 30, 2011, 06:09:58 PM »
Today, I received an eMail from Amazon, introducing me to the new Kindle line. Being a college student, with mechanic fingers I’ve adored my Kindle DX for several years; however, the new Kindle Fire may have rekindled the fire in my heart for color eReaders. Sorry for the pun, I could not resist.

The Kindle Fire from Amazon is available for preorder now for a price of $199 and will be released on November 15th. Although the new Kindle Fire is more tablet than a simple eReader. The device features an ultra durable screen. Amazon released information about the device saying that the “Kindle Fire display is chemically strengthened to be 20 times stiffer and 30 times harder than plastic, making it extra durable and resistant to accidental bumps and scrapes." The high durability screen protects the device’s seven-inch high resolution touch screen.

Like any decent tablet device, users will be able to enjoy videos on the Kindle Fire, while Amazon Prime members will have access to over ten thousand popular television shows.

While eBooks and high-definition videos are nice, a tablet wouldn’t be proper without applications, and with applications comes the need for memory and processing power. The Kindle Fire provides all of these things, with a dual-core processor and eight gigabytes of internal memory. While some users will be content with the internal eight gigabytes of memory, for those that require more the Kindle Fire sports free cloud service so your movies, apps, and of course, your books can be backed up and restored at anytime free of charge.

Along with its own Amazon, App store the Kindle Fire utilizes a new web browsing experience called Amazon Silk, which promises to revolutionize the way you browse through the web; with its cloud accelerated split browser.

The battery life of the upcoming Kindle Fire will support eight hours of continuous reading, seven and a half hours of continuous video playback while the wireless connection is disabled. Obviously like any web enabled device, battery life differs depending on your web usage. The battery takes about four hours to fully charge, based on the information released about the device.

-TwisTtheTwiTcH

« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 10:38:38 PM by TwisTtheTwiTcH »

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
Re: check out this game
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 08:46:05 PM »
Did you see this batman arkham city preview? it seems the Joker will die. Hmmm.

Okay...? I am curious, what does that have to do with the Kindle Fire. I have to ask. Otherwise I am sure this would be more appropriate someplace else.

-TwisT

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
  • something something Tech support
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 09:03:16 PM »
Okay...? I am curious, what does that have to do with the Kindle Fire. I have to ask. Otherwise I am sure this would be more appropriate someplace else.

-TwisT
pretty sure its spam lol

Offline Crumbz

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
  • Networking & Database Administrator
    • www.asagia.net (Coming Soon!)
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 09:08:32 PM »
pretty sure its spam lol

Probably is but nevertheless we have to wait until the mod of that section decides to remove it.

So theres no sense ruining this post even more by taking about it, lets just ignore it for now.

Minecraft Server (Online)
Name: Asagia Realm's
Address: mc.asagia.net:65156

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
  • something something Tech support
Re: Kindle Fire
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 09:48:39 PM »
alright twist remove that one post lol

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 10:04:50 PM »
My powers haven't been restored yet, I'll sent a PM to Matt in a bit about those. It is rather late and I am finishing up my article for tomorrow.

-TwisT

Perhaps he'll see this before I send the message. .TwIsT.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 10:05:43 PM by TwisTtheTwiTcH »

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 03:36:43 PM »
Yeah i heard the kindle fire will be popular amongst parents who buy the wrong thing for christmas

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline Slim Hacker

• Mr PS3
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 03:49:50 PM »
Yeah i heard the kindle fire will be popular amongst parents who buy the wrong thing for christmas
Or parents who see 2 things that look "sorta" (not really) alike and see the price tags between the 2... and go hey! this ones $300 cheaper and it looks almost the same!

Quote from: Jumbo
I herd you like stealing quotes ey?

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 05:01:23 PM »
If Amazon had perfected the colour e-ink screen and released a color ereader I'd buy it. The kindle fire is neat, and such but when you want an eReader it's difficult to go from two weeks of battery life to less than a day. That development is still years away though. This could be a nice device depending on how much coverage the Amazon app store receives. We'll just have to wait until the device can actually be played with.

We've all shot down products before they come out, only to be wrong about them later. Only time will tell how successful this will be. It could be a bloody nice device.

-TwisT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal