Author Topic: quick question about dvd drive in wii  (Read 2816 times)

Offline ndrew2505

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
quick question about dvd drive in wii
« on: July 15, 2011, 07:05:01 PM »
i got a wii for my kids a while back and recently a little while ago it started getting the "an error has occured" message. i read up on it and seems its caused by a faulty laser/drive. i replaced the laser in it and its still getting the same error. this leads me to my question.. im going to try to replace the drive but are the drives in the wii keyed to the motherboard? the wii was sofmodded but after i started getting the errors i "re-virginized" it. not sure exactly what software i installed when i re-virginized it but the drive is a d2e.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
Re: quick question about dvd drive in wii
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 07:15:41 PM »
i got a wii for my kids a while back and recently a little while ago it started getting the "an error has occured" message. i read up on it and seems its caused by a faulty laser/drive. i replaced the laser in it and its still getting the same error. this leads me to my question.. im going to try to replace the drive but are the drives in the wii keyed to the motherboard? the wii was sofmodded but after i started getting the errors i "re-virginized" it. not sure exactly what software i installed when i re-virginized it but the drive is a d2e.
IDK really if i ts keyed or not. if you replaced the laser then it should of fixed the problem, the only thing that I could find when i was looking for one is that you have to have the same type of drive, maybe it , wasnt the laser that was bad but maybe the worm gear, if you have it opened with the  case off you might be able to see what is going on when you turn it on and off, to see if the laser is moving back and forth.

Worm gear or motor  what drives the laser back and forth that drives the laser , only other thing is maybe the motherboard is shorting out , I know that theres not much information out there about these types of drives i looked for a long time and all i could find is you have to put the same drive back in to the wii.

I tried to help not sure if this will.

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline ndrew2505

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 02:09:25 PM »
thanks alot man. i got it taken apart but havent had a chance to check out the worm drive yet.  ill look into it a bit later.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 03:28:50 PM »
thanks alot man. i got it taken apart but havent had a chance to check out the worm drive yet.  ill look into it a bit later.
Your welcome hope you can see what's going on and get it fixed. Let me know what you find out and if you see the problem let me know and we will get it resolved one way or another.

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal