Author Topic: Sony’s NGP is Named PSVita and it has a Price, Release Window  (Read 3465 times)

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team

We all watched E3 and seen some nice things from sony not great but good things and what most of us wanted was news on the psvita(ngp) now here it is.

Sony’s new handheld is alive and well–the PSVita was officially revealed at Sony’s E3 press conference today, along with a release window and pricing information.

Sony has two separate PSVita models and prices:

Wi-Fi only: $250/€250/¥29,980

Wi-Fi and 3G: $299/€299/¥29,980

Sony has chosen to partner with AT&T for its 3G capabilities with the added bonus of using the cell carrier’s Wi-Fi hot spots. Owners of the 3G PSVita will be able to use any of AT&T’s 24,000 mobile hotspots for a free Wi-Fi connection. The audience boo-ed a bit at the announcement that Sony was partnering with AT&T.

The rest of the PSVita presser went without obvious disdain from the crowd, as it was announced the handheld will be available by the end of 2011.

Sony showed off a few tricks on the PSVita, including its cross-platform capabilities with the PS3 and touchscreen-or-joystick control scheme.

Developers demoed a few titles live on the PSVita as well, including Uncharted: Golden Abyss, LittleBigPlanet, Ruin, ModNation Racers and Street Fighter X Tekken.

more info in full here clicky click

come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
Re: Sony’s NGP is Named PSVita and it has a Price, Release Window
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 07:07:12 AM »

CPU ARM® Cortex™- A9 core (4 core)
GPU SGX543MP4+
External Dimensions Approx. 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm (width x height x depth)
(tentative, excludes largest projection)
Screen (Touch Screen)
5 inches (16:9), 960 x 544, Approx. 16 million colors, OLED
Multi touch screen (capacitive type)
Rear Touch Pad
Multi touch pad (capacitive type)
Cameras
Front camera, Rear camera
Sound
Built-in stereo speakers
Built-in microphone
Sensors
Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope,
three-axis accelerometer), Three-axis electronic compass
Wi-Fi location service support
Keys / Switches
PS button
Power button
Directional buttons (Up/Down/Right/Left)
Action buttons (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square)
Shoulder buttons (Right/Left)
Right stick, Left stick
START button, SELECT button
Volume buttons (+/-)
Wireless Communications
Mobile network connectivity (3G)
IEEE 802.11b/g/n (n = 1x1)(Wi-Fi)(Infrastructure mode/Ad-hoc mode)
Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR (A2DP/AVRCP/HSP)

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 08:14:39 AM »
I will never understand why so many people hate AT&T, the company's network, or get mad when foreign companies (from countries that only use GSM tech, of which the large majority of foreign countries primarily use) partner with AT&T for their wireless devices... Personally, I like AT&T, I've been with them for 10+ years (before that I hade both Sprint and Verizon and hated the service areas, ridiculously high prices, and difficulty of changing phones, as well as the crummy selection of phones) and have always been happy with my service. Sure I have complaints here and there, but overall I've been far happier than I have been with any other company. I know that some of my complaints with the others have been rectified over the last 10+ years (better service areas and better phones) but some have not (Verizon still consistently has the highest prices on the market and nickel and dimes customers more than AT&T), but there are now also technical hurdles that have not been rectified with them (for example CDMAs inability to transmit both voice and data simultaneously. I know that will be partially rectified with the roll out of LTE and updates to it, but full implementation is still a little way off)... So I can understand how the AT&T haters feel, but I don't understand why (as I've not really ever had bad experience with them, hell they even replaced my iPhone at no charge and no questions asked when it 'mysteriously' stopped working shortly after I bought it), and I really don't understand why booing is necessary... I think the company's decision to go with AT&T and make the device useable worldwide on other GSM networks (which makes the product marketable worldwide), besides AT&T is most likely soon to be the US's only GSM operator anyway (and I highly doubt that the acquisition of T-Mobile will be blocked as it technically doesn't present AT&T with a monopoly on a market), so they would have had to make the device capable of both GSM and CDMA in order to market the product worldwide, and I would imagine that to factor into costs and business planning...
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 09:06:24 AM »

Offline Bonz

• I'm Back Baby
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +3/-1
  • 2 1337 4 u
    • Bonznumber1
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 07:28:49 AM »
so it looks like all the rumors about them doping the specs to save on cost were false.... THAT's AWSOME

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal