Author Topic: Sony @ E3 2011  (Read 11462 times)

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Sony @ E3 2011
« on: June 06, 2011, 08:26:21 PM »

PlayStation opened with presentation of many new game titles including uncharted3, Resistance3, god of war, eco and shadow of the colossal remastered in HD. With an announcement of a new resistance3 bundle including the move controller, eye camera, resistance 3 game, and a sharpshooter controller for a low cost of $150.00. Seeing how all of these titles will be playable via 3D, there seems to be a large amount of new game play coming to the PlayStation system in the upcoming months that is sure to keep all the gamers busy.

Sony has pledged to "break the mold" on the price of 3D hardware. Announcing two new pieces of hardware including a PlayStation branded display, a 24" display designed specifically for 3d hd game play. This display has technology to allow two unique images displayed (layered) on the same full screen display at the same time. This means no more squinting to see the split screen, or getting confused of whos who when playing local multiplayer. The second peripheral Sony has to offer is an "affordable" pair of 3D glasses that will work with multiple types of 3D displays. The 3d monitor, a pair of glasses, resistance 3, and a 6' HDMi cable will be sold in a bundle package for $399.99 The glasses alone will be sold alone for $69.99. Cost of the display alone, was not announced.

Sony announced advancements in the move software and stated that a plethora of games using the move controller will be coming in the next year. Games such as NBA on the move 2K12(demonstrated by Kobe Bryant), Midevil moves, start the party, and many more are sure to bring new players into the motion Gaming revolution. Along with more game name dropping such as battlefield 3 and sly cooper Shows that Sony's primary focus this year is game content.

Sony hinted on the newly revitalized network experience called "the PlayStation suite" listing PlayStation certified smart phones and tablets, to reach out to new consumers in an attempt to lure them into the PlayStation network, and the PS3

The PlayStation NGP now officially named the "Vita" was displayed in all its beautiful glory, with a 5" OLED touch screen and dual analogue sticks. Other confirmed features such are dual facing cameras, dual touch pads, etc  should make this the best Portable gaming device created. The NGP uses cloud saves, online playing, and content sharing, to give three ways to connect the Vita to the PS3 itself, combining all you digital entertainment together. New launch titles were on display such as little big planet, street fighter cross tekken, uncharted, among many more. The device is scheduled to release this holiday with a retail price of $249.00 wifi only and $299.99 3g models.

All in all, apart from the VITA, it looks like a very software oriented year for Sony.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 08:31:10 PM by modded matt »

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
Re: Sony @ E3 2011
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 09:16:37 PM »
aww fudge! i just bough a 3d tv for ps3 purposes! dam! but mine is just 3d 32 in in passive3d. so i dont think no split screen dual glasses for me :/ .Looking forward for those products though!

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
  • something something Tech support
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 09:47:10 PM »
would be sick if the tv could be expanded for tv shows lmao would really be screwed up but could totaly be useful im looking in to getting that tv though

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 09:51:03 PM »
I was watching E3 earlier when they presented the TV bundle and my wife looked at me and said don't even think about it lmao.... She says "you just bought a projector not to long ago and you def dont need to buy the playstation tv bundle". I was like F that im buying it, i think its a pretty good price. I really want to start playing my ps3 more after watching this E3 lol.

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 11:06:18 PM »
if you want a tv and a gaming monitor. then i suggest getting E3D320VX. its vizios 3dtv. passive. meaning those movie theater glasses can be used on this tv as well. its great if you have more that one person using it at a time lol. and better for people like me who have to ware glasses and are annoyed with the dam tv 3d flickering. well it will most likely be  used with HDMI, so prob you can connect a dvi source like a computer or external hdmi device.

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 05:25:20 AM »
with all that all i would buy is the vita,glasses,uc3 the tv stuff are abit old now but will get vita when they make a game and not port it from the ps3
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 09:43:05 AM »
The ps3 porting is what makes it desirable. And the dual layered tv is brand new tech.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 09:43:39 AM by modded matt »

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 01:24:02 PM »
What matt said!! thats exactly why i want it :clap:

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 07:05:03 AM »
I'm definitely interested in the vita (especially now that I'm employed again and making good money), but I'm wondering about the 3G model. Any info from Sony on what network(s) it will be on, if it will need it's own data plan. price for said data plan, etc.? I mean really I could just get the wifi model and tether it to my smartphone's 3G, but I'd rather only drain one battery at a time...

As for the PS3 stuff, I suppose I'm going to have to put the PS3 and some 3D stuff on my list for this year, even though it kills me to have to buy into the whole 3D gimmick...
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 11:07:26 PM »
@ jrfhoutx trust me its no gimmic! i have black ops and the vizio "32 iin" 3dtv and wow. the tv is @ 478 @ wall mart online. go to ebay and buy yourself a copy of "cloudy with a change of meatballs 2/3d" u wont regret it. da movies is like 12 bucks. and the vizio tv uses passive lenses so there is cheap as hell to buy them. its fun for the hole family and i plan of building a 3d blue ray collection.

i was thinking the same thing about the vita. hopefully there will be a CDMA version and i will be able to flash it to cricket.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 11:08:03 PM by geraldrubalcava »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 07:28:01 AM »
I am waiting for the 4d no glasses version....

as for the vita, its AT&T and I am sure it will be similar to the ipad plan of ???$12??? per month for 2g's of data

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 10:20:15 AM »
Yeah, I'll pass on 3d for now and wait for the tech advances to settle down and the prices to level off, etc....

Now with the vita, I still haven't seen anything, at least I don't remember seeing anything, about game media and/or storage media that it'll use/accept. Anyone have any info on that?
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 10:31:50 AM »
havent seen any OFFICIAL word

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal