Author Topic: weird controller problem  (Read 4147 times)

Offline krazyone2006

• PoM PuFFs??
  • Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
weird controller problem
« on: May 28, 2011, 07:58:08 PM »
whats up everyone

so i got a original xbox the other day and it worked great decided to do the soft mod to turn it into a media center well softmod went ok got everything loaded and then  controller port 1 quit working all the sudden then port  2 then then port 3 and  then port  4 but they will randomy work if i sit there for a few minutes and mess with them well all but 1 so i was wondering if anyone knew or had a diagram to where i could just hardwire as in solder the controller to the motherboard make it permantly attached i basicaly just need to know what wire would get soldered where don't know if its been done or if it doable thanls to any who respond

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
Re: weird controller problem
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 08:45:42 PM »
Do a search on google , there are sites that just specialize in the orignal xbox, its been a while since I have modded one or even messed with one, I have added many mods to orignal xbox. Theres only 5 wires in the controller, power, ground , video and 2 data wires I believe, so shouldnt be that hard to mod or change to make it work. but first I would double check the connectors on the controllers and make sure they are all connect right first. If I find any info out I will post back.

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline krazyone2006

• PoM PuFFs??
  • Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 06:30:22 AM »
yeah i've torn the xbox down took out the ports and looked at them and checked they look fine hook them back up and they will randomly work one at a time like port 3 will work for like 30 sec to 2 minutes then quit then port 4 will work for like 30secs tops then port 2 will work for like 30 sec then none work i gotta keep rebooting the xbox while switching ports and hopes one will work its just weird lol and i have looked and all i can seem to find is actual controller mods or usb controller convertions lol thanks though i'll keep looking

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 07:28:00 AM »
I don't really like to give out other sites on here, I really like to keep everything in house meaning keeping them on AM(acidmod) site. There are some good tuts .

http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/xbox-tutorials.html

I have had problems, and these have helped me out with some issues I had. I also added usb ports to my original xbox, and worked great, just soldered them right in to the controller ports and they exit out the back on my xbox.

you could easily cut the end off the controller and hard wire it in to the ports internally but I am not sure that will work, and maybe try a different controller maybe its the controller that is screwing up.

Another thing, i see you softmoded your xbox, did the controller work before you soft moddded it?

Rodent consoles mods

Offline krazyone2006

• PoM PuFFs??
  • Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 06:22:39 AM »
got them working well all but port 1 got a diffrent controller still the same issues with the ports working then stoping so i got on craigslist and bought 2 xbox1's for $15 swapped the controller ports into mine and now all but port 1 work thinking its gotta be the connection point on the board for port 1 cause i have tried all 4 controller ports from the other 2 xboxs and they all work if plugged into controller 3/4 jack on the motherboard but if i switch them to controller 1/2 jack on the motherboard only port 2 works so no emulator play but hey at least i can use it as a media center still LOL

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 04:58:59 PM »
Thats great you got them working I would be checking voltage maybe , to see if you have power there, maybe its a voltage problem or not getting a signal there if you got all them working but one I would say thats pretty good considering the issues you had, keeep me posted  :)

Rodent consoles mods

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal