Author Topic: Wii Replacement Confirmed  (Read 3684 times)

Offline Bonz

• I'm Back Baby
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +3/-1
  • 2 1337 4 u
    • Bonznumber1
Wii Replacement Confirmed
« on: April 25, 2011, 08:57:50 PM »

So Nintendo released a 3 paragraph PDF today stating that the Wii 2 (or what ever it will be called) will be unveiled at this years E3.  Nintendo also confirmed a 2012 launch for this new system. Now here come the rumors

--- Cost between $350 and $400
--- Code-named Project Cafe
--- A lot more horsepower than the existing Wii
--- 1080p output
--- Stereoscopic 3D

One thing I keep reading is that Project Cafe Will out preform the PS3 and 360 and if IGN is correct than it will.  Here's a Quote

The system will be based on a revamped version of AMD's R700 GPU architecture, not AMD's Fusion technology as previously believed, which will, as previously reported, out perform the PlayStation 3's Nvidia 7800GTX-based processor. Like the Xbox 360, the system's CPU will be a custom-built triple-core IBM PowerPC chipset, but the clocking speeds will be faster

If all this is true then Sony and Microsoft may backpedal on there earlier statements that they will not be releasing systems till 2014.

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
Re: Wii Replacement Confirmed
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 09:17:32 PM »
Sony and Microsoft are "fighting" because of recent events and outta nowhere Nintendo takes a large steaming crap on both of them at the same time with a new kick ass console.

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline Bonz

• I'm Back Baby
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +3/-1
  • 2 1337 4 u
    • Bonznumber1
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 09:30:51 PM »
Sounds about right

Offline sergster1

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 09:47:36 PM »
I heard it will NOT feature any 3D enhancements BUT what i DID hear which seems highly plausible is a controller with a screen attachment. This will be used not only as a controller but as a separate system. It also allows for things that wouldnt look well/fit on a tv screen to be shown. The device is rumored to cost $70-$80 per device and will feature a touch screen. So its like a DSLite LITE.

Offline Bonz

• I'm Back Baby
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +3/-1
  • 2 1337 4 u
    • Bonznumber1
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 11:36:12 PM »
I heard it will NOT feature any 3D enhancements BUT what i DID hear which seems highly plausible is a controller with a screen attachment. This will be used not only as a controller but as a separate system. It also allows for things that wouldnt look well/fit on a tv screen to be shown. The device is rumored to cost $70-$80 per device and will feature a touch screen. So its like a DSLite LITE.

Ive heard similar rumors about the 3ds Being that device

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 12:27:46 AM »
I've heard rumors that it will be able to spit fire or rainbows, shower the world in blow-pops, and have the ability to summon Falcor... All with one note from the Ocarina controller...

tech industry rumor mills are like old ladies' sewing circles, they come up with the most random :censored:...

yeah, i didn't think anyone would really get the Falcor reference...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 12:32:02 AM by jrfhoutx »
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 07:18:40 PM »
I've heard rumors that it will be able to spit fire or rainbows, shower the world in blow-pops, and have the ability to summon Falcor... All with one note from the Ocarina controller...

tech industry rumor mills are like old ladies' sewing circles, they come up with the most random :censored:...

yeah, i didn't think anyone would really get the Falcor reference...

I will buy that console! Oh and The Never Ending Story was one of the... Most interesting movies when I was younger. I have not thought about that in forever. XD

-TwisT

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 09:07:05 PM »
I loved that movie when I was a kid, I've just had it on the brain lately cause my sister was over last weekend and commented on how when my dog gets shaggy she looks like Falcor lol so now I think about it almost every day...
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal