Author Topic: Mounting Wii controller in a logitech steering wheel  (Read 3595 times)

Offline druid

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • visiting satdude
Mounting Wii controller in a logitech steering wheel
« on: April 22, 2011, 11:00:22 PM »
I am mounting Wii controller in a logitech Wingman PC steering wheel, for my wife with a paralyzed right arm.
 I was wondering if anybody thinks  there will be an issue with running 6 ft of wire from the #1 & #2 buttons  down to the gas and brake pedals? She only will be using it for Mario Cart.
 I plan on running short leads from the trigger button on back of Wii controller to the left shift button on the wheel .
                    thanks in advanced  Druid
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 11:33:38 PM by druid »

Offline [HoP]

• Ex-AcidMag
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +9/-3
Re: Mounting Wii controller in a logitech steering wheel
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 12:20:07 PM »
6ft it should still work

Offline druid

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • visiting satdude
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 04:37:32 PM »
Thanks for your reply!
 I put it together last night using buttons on the wheel for the #2=gas and trigger on back of wii controller.
    I left the wii controller basically stock just added wires to run to the buttons on the wheel.
  Must have done something wrong as the trigger and brake don't work on both the wheel and Wii controller , dig into that in a bit.
 I can not figure out how to use the gas and brake pedal as they have trim pots(variable resistors)and the Wii is just on/off .
 I will look through my stash of parts and see if i can find some suitable tactile switches to mount on the base of the pedals and have them actuated when pedals are fully depressed

Offline druid

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • visiting satdude
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 10:09:38 PM »
I had a solder bridge on my bad contact., got it now!!
  #1 button on top left #2 on bottom left front of wheel, trigger on left flipper on back of wheel.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal