Author Topic: UTI Hot Rod Build  (Read 5654 times)

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
UTI Hot Rod Build
« on: March 28, 2011, 01:28:32 PM »
Heres a nice little Chevy 350 its bored .030 over which makes it a 355.  My group and I built this at school in our hotrod class. The T buckets we put them in are complete pieces of crap lol but its only ran on the dyno so it doesn't really matter. It made 350 hp and 348 tq at the wheels without nitrous and 414hp and 450tq with a 75 shot. It had a 9.6:1 compression and we ran it on 118 octane. Total timing was 32 degrees.

Mod list:

RHS vortec heads 208 160 =bad ass flowing heads also ported

Zoomie headers = crap but we switched them out later with better headers and collectors

edelbrock 750

75 shot nitrous

MSD ignition

Single Plane High Flow intake manifold

Comp 4/7 cam swap , came out of a sprint car. This cam is bad ass had a pretty awesome duration and lift "cant remember what it was"

1.62 Roller rockers

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
Re: UTI Hot Rod Build
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 01:42:04 PM »
thats some nice work i get this kinda stuff coming by the house from the bikers down the road from me.

nice bit of color on the engine would look good as well
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 02:13:27 PM »
nice. gotta love the hot rod u portion of school (that is seriously the most fun portion of the whole program)... though last I had heard they were getting rid of the t-buckets in favor of engine dynos, that was like 4-5 years ago tho...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 02:16:23 PM by jrfhoutx »
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 02:15:59 PM »
Yeah hot rod class is pretty sweet, but those t buckets gotta go lol. They are junk on wheels. At least the school doesn't mess around with crap engine products, they have a pretty wide selection as im sure you know.

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 02:25:35 PM »
yeah, they still running those on the dyno using battery chargers to keep em running? if so watch out for those things... there was a kid in my group that had a battery blow up in his face... damn thing had been deep cycled so many times it just exploded...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 02:31:34 PM »
ahah lmao yeah they still use those chargers while dynoing....we pulled it on the dyno and the instructor was like "hook up the charger" i was like uhhh ok lol. All those batteries look like crap, all the terminals are all torn up ahah. The thing i hate the most about UTI are those retarded clip cars that you dont learn crap on. Friday was a pretty interesting day... some group caught a clip car on fire and some retards in the undercar class dropped a truck off a lift cause they forgot to take out the transmission jack out from underneath the truck before lowering it. The lift and the truck got messed up pretty bad and the kid got booted out of school cause the truck was not registered to the school with a uti sticker.

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 03:00:24 PM »
yeah watch out when you hook those chargers up, all the hydrogen build up and those crappy posts will cause some sparks and explosions if you're not careful... and yeah those t-buckets are pretty poorly constructed. really scary running em on the dyno when they push 3-400hp...

lmao, yeah we had some kids in the brakes class put a car up on a lift and it was unbalanced and fell off and went nose first through the wall and into a hallway... it was actually pretty funny... never had anyone catch a car on fire though...

Do they still have you play Forza2 for like 3 days in the power and performance section? that was quite fun I must admit...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 03:07:26 PM by jrfhoutx »

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 03:12:21 PM »
LOL i wish that truck would of went through a wall. Im actually in the class right now where we get to play forza like the last week of the phase. Im gonna talk to my instructor and see if i can bring in my 360 and we can play forza 3 instead.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 03:19:29 PM »
with 9.6 to 1 compression, run it on pump gas and watch it make more HP

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 03:20:31 PM »
Dude thats exactly what i was saying to the instructor since higher octane=res to burn. He was like "no all we are allowed to run is 118"

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 03:34:21 PM »
Dude thats exactly what i was saying to the instructor since higher octane=res to burn. He was like "no all we are allowed to run is 118"

ALlowed to run 118, what are they the octane police? cuz its not making horsepower its building heat cuz the compression is too low and burning raw fuel out the exhaust
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 03:34:49 PM by Rodent »

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal