Author Topic: Google yanks infected Android apps  (Read 4263 times)

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
Google yanks infected Android apps
« on: March 02, 2011, 09:34:45 AM »

Google apparently has used a kill switch to remove 21 malware-infected apps from both its Android Market and from people's Android devices.

from andriod police

"Calling the Trojan the "mother of all Android malware," enthusiast site Android Police said the infected apps were discovered by a Reddit user, who found that pirated versions of legitimate apps were infected by a Trojan called DroidDream that uses a root exploit dubbed "rageagainstthecage" to compromise a device."

this is not a bad threat unless you use a credit card or on contract and use pirated apps as it will take all your info
of these items.android has advices members to not use these apps and just get them from there store and not off a site
as they will not take any blame on what happened unless they can proof that the app that did it was from there store.

At least 50,000 people had downloaded the apps in question, according to enthusiast site Android Central. However, many of those potentially infected may have been protected by staying current with the latest Android updates. Android Central notes that Google actually patched its source code to prevent this type of exploit for users running Android 2.2.2 or higher and that the vulnerability doesn't exist at all in Gingerbread, aka Android 2.3

Conversation threads on Reddit suggest that Google was slow to respond to the malware discovery after the company was first alerted via official channels. But after contacting someone at Google directly, Android Police said the company responded quickly to remove the infected apps.

come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

Offline Famas

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-8
  • Acidmods User
Re: Google yanks infected Android apps
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 10:41:55 AM »
nice artical dude thank god i have an  iphone

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 11:09:18 AM »
yeah im glad i have one but wife has an android good thing she dont play games

Offline Famas

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-8
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 11:10:14 AM »
is the google phone them htc things

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 11:19:41 AM »
mite be i dont know i don't have one and dont like the look of them

Offline cyberboy109

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +8/-4
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 02:10:52 PM »
i hate android...i rember when every one was  like omg first open source phone ...how mazing linux on a phone..wat a lie that was, full of bugs not open source and not forgetting th expensive tablets that cant run most of the apps sine they were written for phones with under 5inch screens and if you want to udate you must buy a new product

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 04:14:04 PM »
iphone is even worse. they have a vulnerability that effects the browser and directly with the filesystem. so therefore a iphone is more vulnerable. atleast in android you have to instal the app before your hacked. the greatest thing about andorid is that i can run on alot of phones. but most issues come up when it deals with carriers. so android is open source. you can go to android dev and see the code your self. and if you wanna write apps just learn java and html.  and a andoird is just like a jail broken iphone. but since the iphone is the most popular phone, its more likely to get "malware"

Offline Bonz

• I'm Back Baby
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +3/-1
  • 2 1337 4 u
    • Bonznumber1
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 04:35:05 PM »
wow just no love for droid... i love my xperia... the ppl that get viruses on there phone are the same ppl who get them on there computer... the ones who don't pay attention

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 07:29:23 AM »
iphone is even worse. they have a vulnerability that effects the browser and directly with the filesystem. so therefore a iphone is more vulnerable. atleast in android you have to instal the app before your hacked. the greatest thing about andorid is that i can run on alot of phones. but most issues come up when it deals with carriers. so android is open source. you can go to android dev and see the code your self. and if you wanna write apps just learn java and html.  and a andoird is just like a jail broken iphone. but since the iphone is the most popular phone, its more likely to get "malware"
if your talking about the safari pdf exploit then that was patched a few firmware revisions ago which is why jailbreakme.com no longer works on the current firmwares.

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

techninjadude

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2011, 11:40:14 AM »
U knw dey alwayz did.
Like some apps, Z4root got taken dwn due to its a Hackker.

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2011, 12:51:12 PM »
U knw dey alwayz did.

What?

Offline cyberboy109

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +8/-4
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2011, 05:02:09 PM »
U knw dey alwayz did.

since im scottish I should be able to translate what he said...............no wait dam its to hard for my powers

techninjadude

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2011, 01:33:28 AM »
I mean that they always moderate the apps, and see what they are. So its not really that amazing, but kinda shocking.
Because I never new the android viruses were real, because there are many antivirus software like norton for andriod, but
it is obviously fake, because I wouldn't really have virus dictionary for andriod. So downloading it is a bit stupid, I mean seriously a antivirus that id only 1mb, What the hell?

techninjadude

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2011, 01:37:27 AM »
You reminded me of my cuz, she got a virus on her Nokia 6630 and it change the complete firmware, and killed her needing a new Mobo, but the sad part the phone cost $300 and it broke 2 month after she bought it, but its her fault for downloading rubbish to her fone.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal