Author Topic: 3DS, HACKING FACES PROBLEM.....  (Read 20782 times)

techninjadude

3DS, HACKING FACES PROBLEM.....
« on: March 11, 2011, 01:06:02 PM »

You all have heard that the 3DS is hacked, PWNED, But sorry Think again:

Bad news for those that plan on using a flash card with their 3DS -- if Nintendo detects that you've been dabbing with one, the company might send a firmware update that could possibly brick your system. According to GoNintendo, Japanese retailer Enterking posted a warning message on their site, suggesting that your system might be unbootable after a software update if Nintendo detects you've been using an R4. Enterking is not buying used 3DSs that have a history of using an illegal cartridge -- a transparent indication that it's not taking any chances here. We can't know for sure if Nintendo will dish out said update or how Enterking might tell -- however, Nintendo did issue this statement to Eurogamer in response to their story on the topic:
"We do not discuss product security details (for obvious reasons), nor can we discuss the details of countermeasures available in the Nintendo 3DS system. Nintendo 3DS has the most up-to-date technology. The security has been designed to protect both the creative works in the software and to protect the Nintendo 3DS hardware system itself.
Nintendo, like most companies, takes a palpable stance against piracy. We recommend that those fortunate enough to own a 3DS stay away from the flash cards altogether, just in case.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 07:24:31 PM by whitetop »

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
Re: 3DS, HACKING FACES PROBLEM.....
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 01:20:56 PM »
lol nice but the fw does nothing really as unless the redo the whole ds software they cannot do anything the first 3ds game has been ripped already and no fw code or anything to do with fw related was found so were this news came from is a crap site

dont understand this means this news is made up crap.

the r4 can play the old ds games but 3ds theres new cards in development
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

techninjadude

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 07:56:17 AM »
Yeah, probably to scare the hackers.

Like my school they recently put cameras in the boy toilet to spy on smokers, but the only problem it was a lie the cameras they put were just the casing, of some high tech looking CCTV, I wanted to confirm they cant spy on my business in the toilet, so I picked up this yellow slippery floor sign in the toilet, and stood on the sink and smacked the camra soo hard the camra span 720 degreez and fell of then, I saw there went any wires, Mission accomplished.

And that my fellow members on acidmods is how you hack a camera, by force.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 07:57:40 AM by techninjadude »

Offline Anonamous

• The Unknown Identity
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-1
  • Electrical Engineering Student
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 08:52:44 AM »
Even if it is true and Nintendo dishes out an update to brick the 3DS users 3DS that use a flahscart, wouldnt it be possible to just open the 3DS solder some wires and reflash it? LOL Im sure its posible.

techninjadude

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 09:17:01 AM »
Apparently to add to the info, they do it remotely like on the xbox 360.

Offline Anonamous

• The Unknown Identity
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-1
  • Electrical Engineering Student
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 09:42:20 AM »
except the 360 doesnt get bricked. It just gets banned.

techninjadude

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 10:32:19 AM »
Yes. But being bricked is like being banned because xbox is for online gaming the way I see it.

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 10:40:12 AM »
so I picked up this yellow slippery floor sign in the toilet, and stood on the sink and smacked the camra soo hard the camra span 720 degreez and fell of then, I saw there went any wires, Mission accomplished.

And that my fellow members on acidmods is how you hack a camera, by force.

as well as an admission of vandalism and destruction of private property... both criminal offenses...

Please refer to the AcidMods Site Rules Page... Specifically rule #12

#12 - No discussion of committing illegal activities of any kind. This includes but is not limited to: Drug use, stealing(wifi included), physical harm, warranty fraud, and piracy.  Everyone must at least pretend to be law-abiding member of society when posting in this forum, even if that is not the case.  In extreme cases acidmods.com can and will notify the long arm of the law with relative information posted here.
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline cyberboy109

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +8/-4
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2011, 01:12:36 PM »
im glad nintendo are doing this, I hate the whole piracy thing..
oh and camera in toilets is aloud as long as there at head level or above

Offline Bonz

• I'm Back Baby
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +3/-1
  • 2 1337 4 u
    • Bonznumber1
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 12:00:35 AM »
im glad nintendo are doing this, I hate the whole piracy thing..
oh and camera in toilets is aloud as long as there at head level or above

that realy depends on where you live... there not allowed here

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2011, 06:10:59 AM »
complete and udder non-sense.  nintendo will not brick their own products on purpose, it would be highly illegal and nintendo would lose the class actions lawsuit that would follow.

Offline cyberboy109

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +8/-4
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2011, 06:21:51 AM »
complete and udder non-sense.  nintendo will not brick their own products on purpose, it would be highly illegal and nintendo would lose the class actions lawsuit that would follow.

nintendo can do this, in the normal world if you break any contract may it be a phone bill or a work based you would be sued/ fired
so if you use a nintendo product for illegal purposes you are breaking a contract and will loose the rites to use the product and nintedo can remove/brick/disable any device that is been used for the wrong reasons.

plenty of people have been sued and jailed for sim things

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 05:07:07 PM »
Really in the normal world if I sold you a remote control car and you turned it into something I had not intended to to be that may have illegal implications, is it Ok for me to come over and smash your car because of what it could be doing?  i signed no contract with nintendo by buying their products... so unless you want to show some actual proof of a company disabling their products hardware and software completely upon knowledge of illegal use, then I still dont believe this to be lawful or true.

If it was, there would be a whole crapload of dead 360's and Wii's and PS3's and PSP's.  These carts are not illegal in most places, and do have legitimate homebrew apps, so at very best nintendo could deny a firmware update and access to its online services just like the rest of them.  they do not have the right to take the device back nor do can they destroy it in your possesion, its unethical and unlawful and unless you come up with evidence with something other then flimsy contract law that doesnt apply or examples other then "plenty of people" then I will continue to call BS on this.

Offline seraph524

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2011, 09:11:22 PM »
So.... am I buying the 3DS, or the rights to use their product?

Offline Kilokk

• In your AM modding your forums
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
  • In the shadows of darkness I stand in the light.
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2011, 06:57:01 AM »
Really in the normal world if I sold you a remote control car and you turned it into something I had not intended to to be that may have illegal implications, is it Ok for me to come over and smash your car because of what it could be doing?  i signed no contract with nintendo by buying their products... so unless you want to show some actual proof of a company disabling their products hardware and software completely upon knowledge of illegal use, then I still dont believe this to be lawful or true.

If it was, there would be a whole crapload of dead 360's and Wii's and PS3's and PSP's.  These carts are not illegal in most places, and do have legitimate homebrew apps, so at very best nintendo could deny a firmware update and access to its online services just like the rest of them.  they do not have the right to take the device back nor do can they destroy it in your possesion, its unethical and unlawful and unless you come up with evidence with something other then flimsy contract law that doesnt apply or examples other then "plenty of people" then I will continue to call BS on this.

there is the EULA that you pretty much have to agree with though man.  they could be at the point of "you must not do anything we dont want you to or you cannot use our firmware" 

though i doubt that it will be getting very far like you said.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 06:57:31 AM by Kilokk »

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 01:05:26 PM »
its true that the firmware could fall under the EULA, however this would be considered a shrink wrap license and this particular instance of running a cartridge which violates the EULA which would in turn effectively remove the firmware is never going to happen.  Not only would it be a huge shot at consumer rights, but it would incite the wrath and product degredation that sony is dealing with now.  (IE the PSN quality versues xbox live quality)

Firmware upgrades and online features can be denied access, but no one is going to remotely cripple your device. 

There have been several of these fear mongoring stories showing up on AM lately, and they are pathetic and lack any sort of substance or credablity.

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2011, 02:18:15 PM »
its true that the firmware could fall under the EULA, however this would be considered a shrink wrap license and this particular instance of running a cartridge which violates the EULA which would in turn effectively remove the firmware is never going to happen.  Not only would it be a huge shot at consumer rights, but it would incite the wrath and product degredation that sony is dealing with now.  (IE the PSN quality versues xbox live quality)

Firmware upgrades and online features can be denied access, but no one is going to remotely cripple your device. 

There have been several of these fear mongoring stories showing up on AM lately, and they are pathetic and lack any sort of substance or credablity.

Second.

Besides even if the impossible happens and they do decide to shut peoples devices down, you could always disable the wifi or return the console and then proceed to not do things that brick your console.

-TwisT

techninjadude

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2011, 01:46:25 AM »
Nintendo, are so easy to hack. Seriously I bet hackers will be making there own Custom Firmwares, or just make an update, with this feature extracted.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal