Author Topic: ds doesnt charge?  (Read 3073 times)

Offline zack247

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Bork or something.
ds doesnt charge?
« on: March 07, 2011, 10:30:44 PM »
after i got another ds lite board, i had wanted to test it. i decided that i didnt need a battery and so i just plugged it in and the charge light turned on then off.
i plugged in a battery and it did the same thing, so i bridged f1 and f2. still the same problem. the rest of the ds works fine except for the charging part, does anyone know how i can fix this so it works like new again?
there is a grey cube with 4 contacts that the power plug runs to, whats it do and is it the reason?
i know that the battery has the overcharge protection built in, so could i run wires from the charging socket to the battery contacts and it will still work? and have the charge light turn on?
My systems:  -PSP 2001, CFW and PSP 3000 shell.  -PSP 1001, LED mods, custom firmware, speaker mods, sound reactive LEDs.  -Black NDSL, LED mod, 0.5x and 2x speed mod. 

Offline Kilokk

• In your AM modding your forums
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
  • In the shadows of darkness I stand in the light.
Re: ds doesnt charge?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 01:09:05 AM »
well first is the obvious.   can you confirm that the charger indeed works?

after that, have you checked the port?  does it seem damaged?  that would be what i start with.  replace the port.

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 06:02:38 AM »
I had a DS (no lite) wich had the same problem and I fixed it re-soldering the contacts on the mobo

Offline zack247

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Bork or something.
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 03:40:45 PM »
yes the charger works, i use it to charge my other ds.

the port doesnt seem to be broken, and jiggling the plug doesnt work either.

im not sure if resoldering it will work though, the solder joints look ok as they are...
My systems:  -PSP 2001, CFW and PSP 3000 shell.  -PSP 1001, LED mods, custom firmware, speaker mods, sound reactive LEDs.  -Black NDSL, LED mod, 0.5x and 2x speed mod. 

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 12:23:26 AM »
Try it, believe me when i saw the contacs on my ds phat it looked like if they were good. I just resoldered it and it worked. Maybe it doesnt work for you but you dont lose nothing trying it.

Offline pigz

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 12:17:29 PM »
if it doesnt turn on with a charged battery and all that happens is the light goes out when a charger is plugged in the it sounds like its the L2 or L4 inductor the L2 is near to the power switch and the L4 is on the other side of the mobo near the bottom right they come loose when droped and need to be replaced if the mobos had water damage normally. if you need any help just replay and ill see what i can do or if you need pics of where they are located

Offline Sammy

• BST BAN
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +15/-1
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 12:30:20 PM »
Pigz, Thanks you for the good info, but he had this problem almost a year ago, i now you are new but please do not bump old posts, but you could send him a pm to see if he ever fixed it if you wanted to.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 12:30:47 PM by Sammy »

Toad: Sam, You sound like your stoned out of your mind lol
Me: :D

Offline Nevbox

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +12/-5
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 12:50:09 PM »
Pigz, Thanks you for the good info, but he had this problem almost a year ago, i now you are new but please do not bump old posts, but you could send him a pm to see if he ever fixed it if you wanted to.
Mild inconvenience for us but helps when people google for a problem and find this with a solution.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal