Author Topic: Asus motherboards shipped in there own cases  (Read 2908 times)

Offline Bonz

• I'm Back Baby
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +3/-1
  • 2 1337 4 u
    • Bonznumber1
Asus motherboards shipped in there own cases
« on: March 04, 2011, 01:07:12 AM »

So I posted this article in green tech because it is about the cardboard case and not the motherboards.  Asus has made an interesting decision, They will begin to ship there motherboards in cardboard boxes that double as cases! 

Now I know what all of us are thinking... "Pfft i've done it" y'know when you get that shiny new motherboard and you can't wait to try it out so you pop it out of the box tilt it a bit and begin to install all your components into it.  Well this is the kind of thing you can use and leave it that way for a while while you pick out (or finish moding) a shiny new case.  I think what i find most intresting about this is that the idea is one that moders have been doing for years, just to say they did it. 

From all the info i've been able to find it looks like asus's Mini-ITX boards will be the first to ship with these "cases".  but i can't seem to find any dates for when they will be available, not that i would be waiting in line for one but i am due for a new motherboard and i wouldent mind checking this out.

there is a video for it two but i was unable to find a direct link to it so here is an article that has one: http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-03-asus-ships-cardboard-pc-cases.html

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
Re: Asus motherboards shipped in there own cases
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 07:40:09 AM »
it would make it easier as some places say soon as use it it voids your warranty so if you use the how would they know lol

plus cardboard is really not that green as you still need trees to make them.if they said reused boxes then its all good
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 08:29:20 AM »
it would make it easier as some places say soon as use it it voids your warranty so if you use the how would they know lol

plus cardboard is really not that green as you still need trees to make them.if they said reused boxes then its all good

although you could argue it is green because instead of just throwing the cardboard packaging away into landfill when you get your new motherboard because you then re-use it as a case... a friend of mine did a project based on this concept but not for motherboards.

Offline Bonz

• I'm Back Baby
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +3/-1
  • 2 1337 4 u
    • Bonznumber1
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 08:29:51 AM »
all in all i think it's a great idea it may not be extremely green but at least there trying
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 08:31:21 AM by Bonz »

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 08:32:46 AM »
im on about where the boxes come from are they new or recycled boxes

i know green and none green as you can never get away from in in my town

if the box is good i would put my pc spares in it if they fit
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 08:39:25 AM »
my point is cardboard from trees can be green if it has a decent lifestyle, the reason cardboard is considered un-green is because it normally only has a short lifespan before it goes to landfill. almost any material can be green whereever it is sourced from as long as it is used for its maximum possible life span, for example how it is more green to keep a massive gas-guzzling 4x4 for 10years than to keep buying the next new super eco car every year..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal