Author Topic: Will the Next Generation Portable [NGP] break the bank?  (Read 7409 times)

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
Will the Next Generation Portable [NGP] break the bank?
« on: March 01, 2011, 07:40:16 PM »
The upcoming console from Sony known as the NGP or Next Generation Portable and is not to be confused with the Neo Geo Pocket , is loaded with so many features that the price is sure to break the bank, right?

The NGP is going to be weighed down with tech like a five inch OLED touch screen, GPS, a rear touch pad, two cameras, a 4 core ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore processor, WiFi, 3G, Bluetooth, six axis motion control, an electronic compass and so much more, it’s irrational to believe it wouldn’t cost an arm and a leg.

However light has been seen at the end of the tunnel Sony has confirmed in a interview with Engadget that the price will be higher than the $249.95 that Nintendo will be charging for their new 3DS ; however the console will be price reasonably and will be what is considered “an affordable price that's appropriate for the handheld gaming space.”

So you can expect it to be lower than the widely speculated price of the $599.95 and nowhere near the price of the Play Station 3 console at its release.

Hold off on pre-ordering the device when it is first announced though, because Sony is intending to make another version of the gaming powerhouse that will be more affordable and not include the built 3G.

-TwisTtheTwiTcH
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 10:23:10 PM by TwisTtheTwiTcH »

Offline Mr Mactastic

• Club AM VIP
  • Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
    • Acidmods.com
Re: Will the Next Generation Portable [NGP] break the bank?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 07:59:18 PM »
Hopefully it doesn't cost to much. i will have to try it when it comes out as if it doesn't wow me or the games are to expensive then i wont be buying it to play on as my iphone and ipad are good enough for mobile gaming for me. gotta love that gravity guy

hey this is a tutorial

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 08:30:06 PM »
IDK, but setting the price higher than the PS3 would be another horrible choice for sony, I mean really $599 for a handheld? that's ridiculous... sometimes it seems as if they just don't want people to buy their consoles or for them to ever be a profitable endeavor... it's almost as if they want the console launch to flop...
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 08:58:13 PM »
IDK, but setting the price higher than the PS3 would be another horrible choice for sony, I mean really $599 for a handheld? that's ridiculous... sometimes it seems as if they just don't want people to buy their consoles or for them to ever be a profitable endeavor... it's almost as if they want the console launch to flop...

That is what the public thought it would cost and what the rumors around the web were saying. It discouraged people from the console before it was released so it is nice for Sony to clarify that it will not be outrageous.

I will personally be holding out for a WiFi only one, so long as the OLED screen stays. Yes that is one speculation as to how they will make one version cheaper. This is a rumor that I suggest nobody give credit to until Sony confirms it. Nobody knows what they will cut besides 3G yet.

-TwisT

Offline Monk3y

• Amateur Modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 09:37:37 PM »
I'm pretty certain that no matter what the price is I'll most likely be getting on of those shortly after release for the fact that they are full of win :P

techninjadude

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 11:56:11 PM »
I know the Prices, the uk will be £180 pounds, I made a youtube vid with all the specs and release date and prices

Offline Monk3y

• Amateur Modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 03:32:48 AM »
So what is the price in USD? I'd do a converter but just woke up and am kinda lazy atm :P

Offline cyberboy109

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +8/-4
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 05:57:35 AM »
hmm i can see the price being slightly high due to the lg/sony court case and the fact the is some places usure about you americans that v.a.t has gone up alot...some things such as the 3g feature i kinda say is useless in alot of places i mean in the uk signal strengh is pretty poor with alot of places still not even got 3g...but i am looking forward to this just for the design aspect but im worried its gonna be as heavy as the orignal psp as that killed my wrist......i have to put my hands up and say im drooling over the 3ds....resident evil looks awsome and theres been a few vidoes of street fighter for the 3ds compared to the xbox 360 and it looks just as good for a hand held

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 07:43:25 AM »
ive been down my carfonewarehouse and they are having these in when there out but on contract stuff he would not say the price it could be.but this is just a phone plus no 3d for the price im very peed with this .
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

techninjadude

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 08:26:24 AM »
Help me reach 1000+ Subscribers, So I become Famous.

LOL

techninjadude

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 08:33:45 AM »
Oh Crap don't tell me you saw That lol.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal