Author Topic: li-ion controller mod tut is comming  (Read 3558 times)

Offline CONSOLEvMODR

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
li-ion controller mod tut is comming
« on: February 04, 2011, 11:51:46 PM »
Alright i have been doing a lot of controller mods rapid fire, leds, etc. i have noticed that battery life sucks on them after.  So i have built two controller mods that run 2 14430 li –ion cells charge time takes around 5 to 6 hours i have been getting about a week and a half to two weeks on a charge playing about 4 to 6 hours at a time. I’m working on a tutorial for you guys hope to have it finished by tomorrow evening. The batteries to do two controllers and one charger, protection PCB was under 65$. 
No battery memory problems like ni-mh batteries

I’m sorry i didn’t post it right now but i hurt my back 3 weeks ago and the meds knock me out basically
Please don’t delete this i will have it up just thought you guys might like the idea

still working on this im going to post somes pics of a finished one

it has a legecy pic based viking rapid fire programmed through the PNC port, 2- 3mm white leds in the guide button and Red ROL
all black case from OEM parts

This one has a red top black d-pad and sticks, li-ion powered with legacy pic based Viking rapid fire wired for duo aka Odin’s raven.   2 3mm white leds in the guide button blue ROL.  Bottom half of the case is from a rapid fire gear lite controller mod has a nice satin like finish grip.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 11:40:45 AM by CONSOLEvMODR »

Offline Anonamous

• The Unknown Identity
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-1
  • Electrical Engineering Student
Re: li-ion controller mod tut is comming
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 08:02:17 AM »
This should be good. Cant wait to see the tutorial finished bro. About how much exactly did this cost to do? I dont want to be fishing out 65 usd to do this even though you said it was under 65 usd, which basically is saying it will cost, at the most, 65 usd lol

Offline CONSOLEvMODR

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: li-ion controller mod tut is comming
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 11:23:15 AM »
65 usd is for one charger and parts to do two controllers. The charger is 15usd. Batteries are 3.25usd per batteries takes 2 per controller. Those jacks are 1.25usd they have a mechanical switch in them to disconnect batteries form the controller board while charging for an accurate charge and the protection   pcb are 1.25 each two per controller. 

So just one controller cost

One controller   = around 26 usd

It’s taking me longer then I wanted it to because i contracted bronchitis

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal