Author Topic: wii mod?  (Read 8825 times)

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
wii mod?
« on: January 04, 2011, 02:07:43 PM »
I bought a wii, pretty cheap. dvd drive doesnt work.

can I modd it without the dvd drive working to play other games and etc?

reason the dvd drive quit someone stuffed a button in there and burned up the laser drive that drives the laser and also laser quit.

so figured for now i would just mod it, need some help on how to do this and the best way to do it

thanks all

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: wii mod?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 02:33:37 PM »
u put a hdd and a game emulator in it. i think crazysold one of the a whle ago with like 100 gaes on it

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 02:45:14 PM »
Thanks Matt... was looking to just mod it with home brew but will check out about putting hdd in it.....one i got was a $30us dollar cheappy...lol

Rodent consoles mods

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 07:05:02 PM »
I bought a wii, pretty cheap. dvd drive doesnt work.

can I modd it without the dvd drive working to play other games and etc?

reason the dvd drive quit someone stuffed a button in there and burned up the laser drive that drives the laser and also laser quit.

so figured for now i would just mod it, need some help on how to do this and the best way to do it

thanks all
Rodent if you tell me what firmware you are on, I would be glad to assist you in installing the homebrew channel, setting up usbloader, and installing the custom Input/Output System (cIOS) so you can load games off of a hard drive or other usb device. Please let me know if you need any help, I've installed these on wii's aplenty!

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 01:36:28 PM »
Rodent if you tell me what firmware you are on, I would be glad to assist you in installing the homebrew channel, setting up usbloader, and installing the custom Input/Output System (cIOS) so you can load games off of a hard drive or other usb device. Please let me know if you need any help, I've installed these on wii's aplenty!

I have ver3.4u...thank you
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 01:36:50 PM by Rodent »

Rodent consoles mods

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 01:49:32 PM »
I have ver3.4u...thank you
If you have super smash bros. brawl, I reccomend you update to 4.3, if not we stay on your current firmware, the only way to install on 4.3 is a smash stack exploit
Stay on 3.4!, forget that lol
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 01:53:33 PM by VaLoRkEy »

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 02:07:08 PM »
Not true, I just softmodded a virgin 4.3U using the Indiana Pwns exploit. Even though smash stack will always be viable it's also a $40 game that, if you have no intent to play, is a bit of a waste of money. You can get a brand new copy of LEGO Indiana Jones: the original adventures from walmart or target for $20. Besides once the exploit is used you have no need for the game anymore anyway so the only reason I would suggest getting SSB is if you plan on making a habit of softmodding Wiis... If you're still on 3.4U and have no intent to update to 4.3U then why not just use bannerbomb? Then you don't have to even buy a game...

For all your Wii homebrew installation needs check out wiibrew.org they have a very nice, clearly laid out, and informative tutorial on installing the homebrew channel
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 02:43:47 PM »
Yea I guess that would be fine...."IF THE DVD DRIVE WOULD READ DISK" but the laser is no good and the drive motor for the laser is bad.
READ 1st post....

I seen on you tube the guys modding them with no game just off SDcard... I tried it and I get alot of errors....1035 erro 2011 error and cISO. rev07 must be installed.... tried to downgrade to 3.2ver but the wii just reboots..
It seems everytime i try to mod something with software it screws up on me....I enjoy learning but just seem i am having a hard time with gaming lately :)

Rodent consoles mods

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 02:58:05 PM »
Did you try the bannerbomb exploit (no game disc needed just loaded off of SD card)? Wiibrew has a tutorial for that also.

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 03:17:19 PM »
Did you try the bannerbomb exploit (no game disc needed just loaded off of SD card)? Wiibrew has a tutorial for that also.

Yes thats what i have tried,like i said i keep getting errors when loading wad  and listed errors and will not let me downgrade firmware to 3.2 keeps rebooting the wii as soon as i click on load

The errors come up when installing wad files and when i try to install cISOCORP v3.3 installeror can't move forward to install anything else with out it says i need to install cISO rev 07

just my luck or would it be better to upgrade to 4.1?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 03:35:10 PM by Rodent »

Rodent consoles mods

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 09:20:32 PM »
Yes thats what i have tried,like i said i keep getting errors when loading wad  and listed errors and will not let me downgrade firmware to 3.2 keeps rebooting the wii as soon as i click on load

The errors come up when installing wad files and when i try to install cISOCORP v3.3 installeror can't move forward to install anything else with out it says i need to install cISO rev 07

just my luck or would it be better to upgrade to 4.1?
No stay, I will help figure it out, and why I told you to stay on 3.4 is because if you update to 4.3, the smash stack is most reliable, my old wii was 3.4, I will help figure it out for you, I'll PM you tomorrow K?

and jrf I wasn't wrong... ^.^
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 09:21:33 PM by VaLoRkEy »

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 09:41:09 PM »
Well I got it softmodded, it updated after to 4.1 has the hombrew channel and neogamma channel...which at this time is no good to me untill i replace the dvd drive.

I have been reading  all day and night. and read what you said about usb loaders and etc. So I take it I can load download games and install more apps now?

Rodent consoles mods

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2011, 09:45:39 PM »
Well I got it softmodded, it updated after to 4.1 has the hombrew channel and neogamma channel...which at this time is no good to me untill i replace the dvd drive.

I have been reading  all day and night. and read what you said about usb loaders and etc. So I take it I can load download games and install more apps now?
Good! neogamma is for burned games I THINK, correct me if I'm wrong. If you have the homebrew channel, we can now install custom apps, and wii wads, which in a nutshell are the channels you see appear on the homescreen. You can load usb games from the homebrew channel, however you are going to want to install wads for that loader to make it look more clean, and so that you can boot straight from the wii home menu, instead of having to go through the homebrew channel and then boot it.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2011, 09:50:15 PM »
Good! neogamma is for burned games I THINK, correct me if I'm wrong. If you have the homebrew channel, we can now install custom apps, and wii wads, which in a nutshell are the channels you see appear on the homescreen. You can load usb games from the homebrew channel, however you are going to want to install wads for that loader to make it look more clean, and so that you can boot straight from the wii home menu, instead of having to go through the homebrew channel and then boot it.

Yes you are right neogamma is for burned games. Sounds good to me. It does lock up though when i go to the bootMMI menu. I also found a website that told me what my error problems were they are so advanced now that I had newer iso loaders then what the system could handle but found a tut to help me get it past that point. thanks we will talk tomorrow
thanks to all of you guys :)

Rodent consoles mods

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 06:12:31 AM »
Glad you got it working finally, enjoy the homebrew!

and jrf I wasn't wrong... ^.^
the only way to install on 4.3 is a smash stack exploit

Yes, that statement is incorrect (it's the statement I was responding to before you edited your post and struck it out). SmashStack is NOT the ONLY way to install on a 4.3U Wii if the IndianaPwns and Yu-Gi-OWNED! exploits both work on a 4.3U Wii. Regardless of reliability there are 3 useable exploits for 4.3U. While SmashStack will always work regardless of system menu version, there are other exploits that currently do work for 4.3U
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 06:15:51 AM by jrfhoutx »

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2011, 02:22:30 PM »
Update... got the Homebrew browser up and running now, downloaded some apps, next thing i guess is to download some emulators and install the roms. installed 1.4 usbloader and now running ver4.1u....stay there or update to 4.2 or 4.3?

done all mod without dvd-rom due to it does not work

Rodent consoles mods

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2011, 02:28:51 PM »
He has no disc drive though, rendering all of those useless..And I was misinformed, someone had told me smash pack only required loading the data from the wii menu, not brawl, which is why I scratched it out, I put it because I thought it was the only way to do it WITHOUT a disc drive, I didn't think it was the only exploit for 4.3 firmware, I've done too many wii's not to know that..

Post Merge: January 06, 2011, 02:29:28 PM
Update... got the Homebrew browser up and running now, downloaded some apps, next thing i guess is to download some emulators and install the roms. installed 1.4 usbloader and now running ver4.1u....stay there or update to 4.2 or 4.3?

done all mod without dvd-rom due to it does not work
Stay, now all you have left to do is install your cIOS and usbloader wads
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 02:29:28 PM by VaLoRkEy »

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2011, 02:35:35 PM »
I said I have Installed the 1.4 USB loader wad. is there more? also i have installed what was there on the cISO and updated the hbc .

Rodent consoles mods

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2011, 02:48:13 PM »
I said I have Installed the 1.4 USB loader wad. is there more? also i have installed what was there on the cISO and updated the hbc .
Haha not really, you said you installed 1.4 usbloader. Many people just use it from the homebrew channel, and don't use the wad. I'm guessing you also instaled the wad, which let's you access it as a wii channel. and you've confused me on the cIOS, there are many that you can install, do you know that number of the cIOS that you installed?

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2011, 04:51:04 PM »
Haha not really, you said you installed 1.4 usbloader. Many people just use it from the homebrew channel, and don't use the wad. I'm guessing you also instaled the wad, which let's you access it as a wii channel. and you've confused me on the cIOS, there are many that you can install, do you know that number of the cIOS that you installed?

I have installed the wad manager 1.4 that was with the softmod setup of HBC..I also installed usb loaderGX and cover floader.I havent installed many wad. files, but have installed some things off the homebrew browser .Atari 2600 some demo's and installed some atari 2600 roms and just like playing atari 2600 again...lol..I plan on adding a external hardrive,about a 120gb cuz thats what i have laying around, its a 2.5" out of my old xbox hard drive, if i can make it useable then i am going to use that. want to install as many games as possible. and get the dvd drive fixed eventually.

Any suggestions on what I should install? apps? etc.

also if i have a cd-rom/dvd drive that is usb compatible will that work to play dvds thru usb port?

« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 05:06:47 PM by Rodent »

Rodent consoles mods

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal