Console Modding------ ( Here you can talk about your favorite Consoles ) > PSP's

concept how to make psptouch screen

(1/43) > >>

galaxy3arth:
if you follow this link "http://www.sparkfun.com/products/8448" it will show an analog interface 4pin 2axis analog touch screen, and if you were to look at the port for the psp analog stick it is also a 4 pin 2axis analog input. if you search around the site you will find this "http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9224" a break out board for the touch screen. theoretically you could use the psp analog stick connection to connect the touch screen, because the way they work is virtually the same
so if you were to mod a psp and put the touch screen in you should be able to slid it in some direction and get a reaction. with out software ie .prx plugins the touch screen would not get full functionality, it could not select stuff. the coding concepts are farely simple. first of all you need a way to turn it on and off, because it would inter fere with the analog stick, simple enough. the next thing you need to keep in mind is that the plugin would probably be large like ir shell. it would have to have an x y net instead of the directional analog stick which has a dead zone and when some thing leaves it go in that direction. if you want to be able to tap some thing and have it activate the corresponding code such as opening the memory stick it would have to recognize the connection from the analog stick as a button like x or o. which is why I said to make an on off switch first. next to allow to activate these links of code it must first beable to follow a chain of code all the way to the creen coordinates for said activation or click.
then once touch screen taps at those coordinates on the screen it will follow the chain back down to activate it, thus select some thing by touch. it seems highly versatile and yet really difficult and like it would take alot of processing power. so this method of the plugin should only be used on small applications such as xmb, and internet being that it has a simple interface. this is only what I recommend because if done correctly no configuration would be needed for any thing it would work for games homebrew and all. but if you need a simpler more specific  way to do it I would have an individual profile for each application like the way tiltfx works, but instead of that you would have to make a map:

{list the maximum and minimum x and y coordinates}
{then list each of the activation coordinates for each part}={and give a direct link to the code it corresponds to}
for instance
M{x{0,640}y{0,248}}
A{xy{20,30}}=b{a way to link to the code}
M being min and max
A standing for application
b standing for bridge
the bridge code be a complex way to get from to the code or it could be a second plain of buttons it could use to get to said part
for instance if you press use in this order (start)->(down)->(x)] to open a menu then you can have the {link to said code} be  {(start)->(down)->(x)]}
this works good and well for simple tasks but for large tasks it would need multiple maps and motion maps.
a better way to do it would be to modify the code for macrofire and link it to a simple code for the net and touch settings. then give the plugin the ability to scan a number of more specific file types for the activations of a strings of code that could be accessed using the other buttons: analog d pad r and l homebar buttons and xo/\[] and have it assign such values to the right coordinates, and in the meantime have maps created for the other more common files to speed it up and make it less intensive. to work best it would have to run behind the games. in other words not a new firmware but an addition to the existing one running in the background at all times.

keep in mind I do not know any type of coding. this is just how the concepts of a working code would be so do not try to run the stuff written above more than likely it will no :psp:
Post Merge: January 01, 2011, 09:04:43 PMcould somebody who knows programing help with this. the installation was easy just need the software

aZiZ1:
it seems plausible to someone like me however i will let the pros handle this one IE; Modded Matt, and FOOKZ

galaxy3arth:
if they cant help could you try to do it  :beg:

Demonboy:
considering this was something i was trying to do for a while w/ my zune and actually got it working b4 microsoft did... i may take a stab at this... MAYBE... if i can get the money for the parts ill look into it

Famas:
if its a full touch screen you want to make when you touch the screen how will it make the button work as every button that is pressed down on the board it has to ground that button so how will you do that ?  ???? like the psp nub that has its own line connected to ground as when the nub goes up its grounds the board trying to make sense here?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version