Author Topic: AV-mod for 7800 ProSystem  (Read 2793 times)

Offline WERY

• The Duce
  • Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
AV-mod for 7800 ProSystem
« on: November 30, 2010, 07:31:58 PM »
I have modified my 7800 system so that I can connect it to an AV output. It works :D :D I did this mod in the spring so it was about time I put it in here

Here I build a new circuitboard for the sound and picture circuits so that they can be connected to the AV jacks that goes to the TV.

The blue cable is soldered to the GND on the mobo. The red one is connected to the GND on the RCA jacks. I also put on some rubberfeet on the other side of the curcuitbaord so I can place in on the mobo without it getting in contact with other circuit's on the mobo.

Here, I connect the sound from the console to the new curcuitboard.The black cable goes to the upper side of the C14 so that I can take out the POKEY sound and connect it to the RCA. The red one is the sound itself from the C10

I had to remove this while soldering the POKEY cable but luckily it only takes 2 screws to remove/put it back.

Here is the whole system with the new AVboard connected to the mobo. However I changed 2 of the cables in this picture, the one that gives 5 V and the video-input.

It may be stupid by Atari to not using AV connection from the beginning but they on the other hand put an AV-modifier hole on the side so the cables can go out that way after put back the RF shield together

The cables gets soldered to the RCA jacks

So it is...

Galaga was the first game to be tested

Picture is a little blured but it looks much better in reality.

The room lacked enough light

I found a new favourite game and that is Robotron 2084

This is the scheme for the videomod(sound not included on it) but the 75 ohms resistor was changed to a 82 ohms since I did not had any 75. It works great any way

I might draw new schematics of this mod where the Audio will be included

Hope to deal with a 5200 in future 

edit; and so I did. A guide on that comes later on
Brother of Bros

Offline bacteria

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Games Console System Modder
    • Bacteria's site
Re: AV-mod for 7800 ProSystem
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 12:34:44 PM »
Sorry, I know this has been posted nearly 2 years ago, i've not been on this forum for ages!

Is this for a PAL system or NTSC? (quite relevant).

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 02:37:44 PM »
Good luck, the OP has not been active here since 1/11/2011

Offline bacteria

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Games Console System Modder
    • Bacteria's site
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 06:01:24 PM »
ok, no problem. I've not been active here for far longer! lol

Found a couple of alternative methods for this mod elsewhere and thought found another one, however looks like this is the same one as puppetmark did on AtariAge; so no issue.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal