Author Topic: some painted xbox stuff i have done  (Read 4771 times)

Offline toadzilla

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
  • something something Tech support
some painted xbox stuff i have done
« on: November 27, 2010, 10:30:02 PM »
just some 360 stuff i have done

« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 11:13:27 PM by toadzilla »

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
Re: some painted xbox stuff i have done
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 06:17:29 PM »
Sorry guys I know this hasnt been active , but there are alot of guys painting things now that summer is here,

Ok toad, got a quick question, not sure if you seen my w.i.p xbox 360 case? but I am going to be adding the controller case to the mod also now, my question is that, since you have done a few controllers, whats the best thing i can do to make sure that the paint doesnt wear off as easy during play time, and handling of the controller , i would like the paint to last as long as i can,  if you can give me or any others any tips would be much apprieciated. I have search on you tube and googled but , I want to know from someone I can trust and someone who has done this more then once. and your right up there with asking Crazy-modder... :)  but he hasnt painted much lately, just does swued now...lol

Nice work by the way keep up the good work.

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 06:27:31 PM »
hahah hey cmon now rodent hahaha i still have it in me, im just lazy. The best way to paint your xbox case and your controller is to sand them both with 600 grit sand paper. Buy some krylon fusion paint, krylon clear or any clear you prefer, and adhesion promoter.  Spray the case with adhesion promoter and wait a few minutes then spray a light layer of krylon fusion paint. Wait 15 minutes between each coat of the krylon fusion. I would only do like 3-4 light coats. I usually wait overnight to spray on my clear coat. The clearcoat will be dry in a matter of minutes but i would still give it a few hours to completely dry.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 06:32:08 PM »
LOL , well I believe in letting it dry overnight anyways, that way theres no fingerprint marks and i can wet sand inbetween coats for better finish thanks crazy-modder for your help also  :tup:

Rodent consoles mods

Offline toadzilla

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 07:09:06 PM »
hahah hey cmon now rodent hahaha i still have it in me, im just lazy. The best way to paint your xbox case and your controller is to sand them both with 600 grit sand paper. Buy some krylon fusion paint, krylon clear or any clear you prefer, and adhesion promoter.  Spray the case with adhesion promoter and wait a few minutes then spray a light layer of krylon fusion paint. Wait 15 minutes between each coat of the krylon fusion. I would only do like 3-4 light coats. I usually wait overnight to spray on my clear coat. The clearcoat will be dry in a matter of minutes but i would still give it a few hours to completely dry.
its gotta be krylon  clear coat or it wont bind as well i find and i give the paint 24 hours to dry and same with clear coat because finger prints show up easily
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 07:10:16 PM by toadzilla »

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 07:56:43 PM »
thanks Toad I started my project with a different paint and going to stick with it for now for the reason of the color, but as long as I clear coat it, it should be safe then? I would just hate to sell it as the set and have someone come back to me and say hey the paint wear off

Rodent consoles mods

Offline toadzilla

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 08:00:40 PM »
thanks Toad I started my project with a different paint and going to stick with it for now for the reason of the color, but as long as I clear coat it, it should be safe then? I would just hate to sell it as the set and have someone come back to me and say hey the paint wear off
well i used normal kyron and i painted it let it dry for 30 mins then clear coated it and its been almost a year this july and it still looks like it was jsut done im going to be hitting up my controller this week since i need to get ready for a convetion for the company and ill do a  how to for both:D

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 08:41:53 PM »
Thanks again, I will post all my pics when I get it finished and you can tell me whatcha think of my first painted xbox 360 stuff  :hifive:

Rodent consoles mods

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal