Author Topic: BlackOps disappointing me ='(  (Read 4072 times)

Offline 123sample

• Registered BST
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +1/-0
BlackOps disappointing me ='(
« on: November 26, 2010, 06:49:12 PM »
Bought today, 1 hour played, sold it straight away!

Reason:
- Terrible Graphic
- Chaotic, less tactics
- Dizzy
- Terrible flash intro in the beginning
- Multiplayer & gameplay lagging
- Guns =  bubbleguns
- Grenades = firecrackers
- Audio = my old car speaker

overall 4/10

Offline joeb0032

• $$$$
  • ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • WTF
Re: BlackOps disappointing me ='(
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 01:12:04 PM »
i agree completly with what your saying but i think that the ideas of the game are great. i really just think that the quility is bad. mabye if infinitiy(<-spelling?) ward just built off of these ideas then they would have a top seller. :#1:

"There's always a flaw, you just have to find it"-TwistedMind33

Offline frenulem - No.5417

• Ultimate Badass
  • Blogs & Media Team
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +23/-0
  • Learning Pascal Cuz i'm dumb and 'Ting
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 03:30:21 PM »
Treyarch dev'd the game and DICE done the multi-player ;)

but i honestly think that you are maybe playing the multi abit wrong, are you one of those people that rush into the middle and spray? if not sorry, but if you go around the outside and make people play the game tactically then you will find the problems solved

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 07:08:35 PM »
I agree this is game is not what I expected. I agree on all points listed other than lag, this is not an issue I deal with.

The zombie games are the only reason I like this game and will not part with it.

also for a good time use the conputer at the begining of the game to play Zork. Zork is an old 80s type text based game. you can get in the house and the first goblin is in the basement

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 08:01:19 AM »
after doing the whole game in a week i traded it in was just a polished up w@w nothing much so i went back to mw2 then ended up dieing that many times by laggers lol well i spent 39 and got 33 back so it was not that bad
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

Offline jacobia jacob

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • come at me bro
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 08:27:29 AM »
DICE made the multiplayer? thats it then, i'll never buy it. as a matter of fact, if you were to hand it to me for free, i'd put it through my blender. i hate DICE, although while i played it on my friends xbox and another friends rig it didn't at all feel like a DICE game.

also
-you're playing on a ps3, which uses hardware from 2006. same thing can be said for an xbox which uses hardware from 2005. don't ever expect breathtaking graphics on a console. they can be good, but 4 years is a very long time in terms of technology and console graphics are beginning to show their age. you want amazing graphics, build a gaming pc.

-cod games are always full of idiots using cheap tactics, especially for the first few weeks/months after the release. wait it out and learn to kill them.

-i agree that the intro was very annoying, especially the parts that you couldn't skip (the zombies intro scene in 5)

-either the game isn't optimized well for ps3(unlikely but possible) your connection isn't very strong, or your ps3 is having issues. I've experienced no lagg

-the weapon sounds aren't the greatest, i agree. they weren't that horrible though imo

-i'm not sure what you mean by your old car speaker? why are you using car audio components indoors?

all in all id probably give the game a 7/10
better than w@w, but its no cod4.

Offline frenulem - No.5417

• Ultimate Badass
  • Blogs & Media Team
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +23/-0
  • Learning Pascal Cuz i'm dumb and 'Ting
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 08:42:43 AM »
why the hate on DICE? and your second point, the game is really balanced quite well the only "Cheep tactic" i've seen is camping, no one man army noob tube danger closing

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 08:55:37 AM »
dice is ok not great but still do kinda good games

campers are a pain even higher lvl people still do it but once your on nuke town you cannot camp lol there dead ever way
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

Offline jacobia jacob

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • come at me bro
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 11:36:38 AM »
dice games have some of the most clunky feeling controls of any games imo. it could just be pc, but battlefield bad company 2 and the medal of honor beta felt like i was trying to navigate a large truck through the game. it just seemed like the animations for things like looking down the sights, running, stopping, jumping, etc were too long and drawn out and didn't allow for other movements like switching guns or knifing. my friends playing on console say they didn't notice that, but my friends playing on pc sure did, and it was kind of a game ruiner.

also, just found out ill be picking up a new 250gb 360 along with black ops for christmas, so i can't really complain. i'll probably play it just because my friends are playing it, maybe it will change my mind on the whole DICE situation.

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 04:06:43 PM »
Since when did dice make the multiplayer? as far as I am aware the entire game was designed and build by treyarch.
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal