Author Topic: hey guys i saw this video  (Read 9048 times)

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
  • something something Tech support

Offline ltm0807

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: hey guys i saw this video
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 07:58:38 PM »
I have seen this video. but I have no solution to this problem. Helping him out is very difficult and complicated

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 05:12:53 AM »
check out his webpage:
www.askacapper.com/petition

I am going to send him an email and invite him to come check out acidmods  :tup:

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 12:14:39 PM »
I saw this and have yet to respond as I am waiting custom parts from tiwan. The new accessable controller I am putting together, will port every button out of the controller via usb's and custom 3.5 jacks, once its ported its just plug and play, anyone can cut a 3.5mm wire and conect the two leeds to a push button, I will also offer button leads aswell. I have been waiting on parts for two weeks now!!!

this stems from another quad in calorado who AM got hooked up through waxwigs (an admin from able gamers) you should have seen the hack job ben heck did for him. (at a cost of $400)
I have been doing these mods on my own and more and more of these disabled gamers are coming out of the wood works, I am glad I /acidmods a can help. but I was hoping to see some of our other members take and intrest in this kinda work. There is no financial motive, as what I do I donate, but it is very rewarding getting a letter back, or an email from these guys thanking you for helping them.

edit: this is playstation, of which I know nothing about.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 12:18:05 PM by modded matt »

Offline AskACapper

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 03:00:10 PM »
Hey guys thanks for the support for disabled gamers you guys are awesome.  I think this remapping is so important even with modded controllers.  I have a ben hek one handed controller I'l love to get extension cables for if i could take the 5 modules and arrange them on a surface I'd kill it.

Anyone want to try that?

My latest video!
AskACapper Vs Bender from Futurama MW2 Dual Con-mentary Quadriplegic Gamer

Thanks Chuck B the capper

Offline loboplayero

• hardcore psp modder!!
  • MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • specialize in psp led lighting!!
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 06:11:12 PM »
oh wow!!  :clap: all  i got to say is this guy is amazing!!  i try to do the same thing and man that is so difficult  i couldnt even get no perfect movement  :wacko: lol hey bro welcome to am im looking forward to see more from you  :hifive:

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 07:30:45 PM »
I watch the video and keep thinking of ideas. I can understand that remapping would help increase the ability to switch what controls you need, but I keep trying to think of a way to be able to use more than one control at a time. But it would really depend on how much mobility you truly have. Let me pitch something:

From my experience in playing FPS, being able to move and aim and fire at the some time is really the key. Using an old-style digital controller or just a keyboard brings back memories (of getting pwned). So here is an idea that I am very curious if it would work, but it really depends on how much mobility you have.

I would make something where the two analog sticks were controlled through axis accelerators, one for each stick. These accelrators would each reside in a couple of arm bands (forearm). By moving just your forearms, you could control walking and looking seperately. The final touch would be to make a headset that would trigger 4 or more button presses by simply moving your head left/right/up/down.

From the videos, it looks like there is some controllable movement in the arms. If that is not the case, then tell me to pound sand. Just trying to go outside the box and come up with a way to make the contols more fluid.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 08:03:23 PM »
welcome Chuck! feel free to make a thread about the petition in our General Discussion Board in the Community boards.

please elaborate on the 5 modules you would like to see.

it sounds like Matt is streamlining an output jack for a 360 controller, but your vids show you playing PS3.  Either way we can controll both beasts.

One other project of interest here is RDC's CGnome project:
http://www.cgnome.com/
if I remember correctly buttons can be remapped on a 360 controller using a pc utility
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 08:04:04 PM by 802Chives »

Offline AskACapper

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 06:27:42 AM »

Hey guys I really appreciate you taking time to dream up some ways to help me game better! you guys are awesome! So I have the Ben Heck controller above what I really think I could use are extension cables for each of the modules. If I had that I could reposition the modules where I needed them may be in one cluster that I could hold that's just my thought. Do you think making cables like that would be difficult?

Thanks guys  for your perspective.  I appreciate it very very much.  I have limited arm control.  my comedy gig shows my arm movement I think.

Let me know what else I can provide help!
Chuck the Capper

Quadriplegic Can't stand Up Comic - Chuck Bittner - AskACapper.com & Gamer!

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 02:38:42 PM »
Chuck, the controller you have should be very simple to modify.  A couple of header pin sockets and a ribbon cable and you should be able to stick those babies wherever.  Ben was so kind as to release a modding guide for that controller:

http://benheck.com/10-14-2008/how-to-mod-my-access-controller

I will talk to mike (our shop) and see if he has the parts on hand to get you some cables to work out.  the extra copper in the controller could effect the functions, but there is no harm in trying as long as the connections are all correct

In one of your other posts you mentioned that you were a fan of toggle funcitons like toggle ADS (aim down site?)  I have made a microchip code that does just that, toggle the aim on and off.  It also toggled hold breath option as well.   custom controller button toggling is also an option.

Offline aspin

• BANNED
  • Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-2
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 03:24:16 PM »
hey guys if there is a moderator here accept this they do sometihng called a xcm ps3 converter it means you can play a xbox 360 controller on ps3 you can also remap the  buttons heres a link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Xbox-360-PS3-Converter-XCM-Cross-Battle-Adapter-2-0-/350400705746?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_JN&hash=item51958274d2

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 04:06:47 PM »
OK. Ive seen enough. Between this and your post about 'NOM4D' and 'Charlie' its a friggin shame this thread has had nothing while the rapdifire thread completed its goal and died.

I am ordering the parts this week to make you an actual remappable dualshock controller.

Here is what I plan to do:

Have every button on the controller completely remappable in any way possible with the following buttons: Right and Left shoulder buttons (all 4), Dpad (4), trignalge, square, circle, X, and both stick clicks. I will not change the sticks at all.

I just read about the toggle thing and I can fit that in also. That will be your option to either button press or toggle the action on/off.

This is how I see it: The controller will appear stock with the exception of a 2mm audio jack and a tact button. The tact button is for USB programming only, you hold it for 2 seconds to enter USB mode. The audio jack will be for a special USB plug. You will be able to plug the controller into the USB port and I can make a PC utility to custom remap all the buttons mentioned above.

I can do this with a 28pin PIC. It will involve cutting traces for the 2 commons, and both stick buttons. All the buttons will be individually soldered to the PIC, and the PIC will then controll the commons as it is programmed to be remapped.

I dont know how long this will take. I know exactly HOW to do it, itsw more about the time to get it done. I have work and family so my spare time is limited. Please dont get angry if it takes a few weeks to get this done. I will post progress as I make some progress. More later.
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline AskACapper

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 04:23:26 PM »
Hey everyone thanks for the feed back and support.

@Hazer TAKE YOUR TIME MAN i really appreciate your efforts thanks that sounds pimp.  email me if you have any questions askacapper@gmail.com  (I thought the "Charlie" layout post was lol at the irony of life)

@802chives I'd love some extension cables, putting the modules in my own layout would be awesome.

I will gladly do a uTube review and give AcidMods a super shout out for all the help.

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 05:42:00 PM »
hey guys if there is a moderator here accept this they do sometihng called a xcm ps3 converter it means you can play a xbox 360 controller on ps3 you can also remap the  buttons heres a link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Xbox-360-PS3-Converter-XCM-Cross-Battle-Adapter-2-0-/350400705746?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_JN&hash=item51958274d2

good call aspin, I was going to mention that XCM module as well because of the remapping funcitons.  Its a little pricey but it is a remapping solution that already exists because it hacks the transmitted signals and not the actual controller itself.  One more nice thing is that for many people the 360 controller is more "hackable" than a PS3 controller so that device could open up some doors in that department to.  However people like hazer will gladly take a PS3 controller to remap, over the 360 because, it can control 12 buttons from 2 lines.

Hazer, I am absolutely loving the idea of controlling all the PS3 buttons using a PIC to interface from the buttons, to the common lines.  I know you dont need the help, but if there is anything I can do, dont hesistate to ask.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 05:42:55 PM by 802Chives »

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 06:02:02 PM »
[TECHNICAL] I plan to use the 18F2550. The USB library has the 18F4550 and will be easy to port over in a short time, no re-engineering. I will use the bootloader as the base and then use the HID USB interface for the programming portion.

The only thing that I may need is someone to help with the visual C part of things. I can get the base programming done, and maybe someone else can build the form/GUI to something easier to understand (like a picture of the PS3 controller and drop-downs at each button). [/TECHNICAL]

Just to make my first post clear, I will remap the stick click/buttons. I will not mess with the ANALOG part of the sticks.

Just to make things clear with this design: It will not be a rapidfire controller. It will not be a macro controller. It will be a straight up button remap with the added 'toggle' function. I am assuming Chuck just wants the controller to be ergonomical for him.

Chuck, I will start the base coding this week and order the PIC stuff. As I get to the point of modifying the shell, I will be asking for your opinions on where to place the USB port and the tactile switch. I will show pictures of possible places and you tell me your suggestions.

One thing I wish I knew before yesterday: The 3rd common for the stick buttons and the select/start buttons does not work like the rest. It will require some further testing and alternate way of manipulating, but I have it all in head on how it will work. There should be no real surprises, just have to get down to the grunt work.

In the end, I hope to have the controller that you have been petitioning for in the first place. I would have rather been able to come up with a true ergonomic design for your exact needs, but I can do this rather quickly and your already used to using a stock controller.

Offline AskACapper

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2010, 07:32:47 PM »
Hazer I appreciate your time & effort.  I can hold the ps3 controller perfectly in my hand were as the xBox controller is a horror show to hold.  Let me know what you need from me ok. 

I have another thread on this here everyone
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,37604.0.html

LOL Hazer I love this
"OK. Ive seen enough. Between this and your post about 'NOM4D' and 'Charlie' its a friggin shame this thread has had nothing"

I have already shared this comment with my peeps!

Offline aspin

• BANNED
  • Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-2
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2010, 04:05:18 AM »
hey hazer theres 1 more thing i  no your going through all this work on the remap side if we did all falk out to help this legend out your a proper hero shows what determination can do if we get him the xcm cross battle adapter we could also put a tilt board in would that help chives take a look here

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Xbox-360-Tilt-Board-Motion-Mod-Wireless-Controller-/230493895537?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_JN&hash=item35aa81bb71

its for xbox but also the triggers are alot easier to pull than the thick stubby 1s for ps3 does ps3 have tilt control as it might be easier for the guy than using his face just trying to help hazer yours sounds way better than mine as your modding ps3 but chuck can you hold a xbox 360 controller ok have you tryed which is better for you ?
and we could mod the xbox to be like a ps3 controller for instance mushroom sticks etc we could also put the abxy button down 1 side which he holds in his ok hand basically off wwhat ive read he stuggles aiming so hazer great ideas yours sounds really great idea im just posting this to see if it can assit and which pad he likes better thanks guys and chuck great pettion man how do you sign and this video off viking 360 you can set moves its just in testing please have a look see if we can do that for chuck as im uk but i really really want to help you out as it just shows that your struggling at stuff like xbox that i take for granted so id be up for donating some help or anything to help a good cause like this cheers lads  also do you have trouble with the d pad?

Post Merge: October 19, 2010, 04:10:25 AM
The Viking Macro Controller mod for XBOX 360

Post Merge: October 19, 2010, 04:34:40 AM
just another post merge to show this tilt board watch this video right to the end this is exactly what i mean

How to use XCM Rapid fire gear Pro for xbox 360.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 04:35:34 AM by aspin »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2010, 05:01:14 AM »
I like your enthusiasum here aspin. although as chuck stated the xbox controller is not an option due to its size.

I own the tallismoon tilt board and the viking macro controller. there is absolutly no way to port the viking out to the ps3 it is a clip design made especialy for CG2 boards only. the tallismoon would be posible, but it would have to be on one of the origional controllers with the 3 pin pots. then you have to find somewhere to put it. lol it is designed to fit around the matrix cpu.

I can surly make some extensions for bens one handed controller.

I can also be avail for testing hazer if you need accurate feedback.

At this point I am wondering if we should split this topic into a dev thread.

Offline aspin

• BANNED
  • Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-2
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2010, 05:12:11 AM »
hi matt i had a code it was a 1 mode shutter mod and what it did was when i turned it on it used to keep the left trigger pushed down so constantly aiming could we do this on a external tac as he stated he struggles aiming it was for the xbox 360 pad though ?

Post Merge: October 19, 2010, 05:37:49 AM
just post merging here to basically show how to remap buttons with the cross battle adapter modded matt couldnt you do a bit of modding here to move the sticks etc to make it more compact and smaller? also if we remmaped the buttons to tact switches we could get rid of abxy etc and just have the analog switches left like system did just look at how easy it would make it matt, chives, am

How to Setup and Connect XCM Cross Battle Adapter 2.0
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 05:46:15 AM by aspin »

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2010, 03:58:58 PM »
I like the enthusiasm aspin.

To answer your questions: Chuck does not want a Xbox controller. I am well aware of all the different designs for it as well and I have already been working on some dev for the PS3 macros (theoretically). I have already asked Chuck about the possibility of mapping to a seperate tilt control but he has already stated/shown that his arms do not have the mobility to make that work as accurately as he can weild the stock controller now. It is simply a matter of remapping the stock controller that he is already used to.

I do believe there could be a much more involved solution to design something that would really fit Chucks particular needs, but I would say it would involve alot more than can be produced in just a forum thread.

Matt: As i start working with hardware I will provide you with the details. I will say I am going to be using the 18LF2550 with a 48MHz crystal.

Update: November 12: I have the USB chip disabling the R2 button now. It should not be long before I start cutting traces and having the code remap the buttons. Then it will be a matter of making the GUI.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 09:31:56 PM by Hazer »

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2010, 10:21:53 AM »
I know I am supposed to modify the last post, but that does not make the thread look updated. And I have a pretty good update.

I have cut the traces on the COM2 and R3 lines and I currently have the PIC remapping those buttons depending on a value I have dumped into EEPROM. This means the circuit design portion is done (and it took me a few challanges to figure it out). I will probably write up another 'white paper' on how all of this works AFTER Chuck gets the controller.

What I have left to do: I need to seriously plan out how all of the parts are going to fit in the controller now. I will either have to free-form all of the resistors and the PIC and the jack, or make a prototype PCB and have the whole thing SMD. The PCB will be more robust, but will take a few weeks longer to finish. The problem I have right now is that I have the disassembled controller with a dozen wires hanging out of it connected to a breadboard. Every time I update the program, the wires have to come out and now some of the wires are snapping from the solder joints due to to much movement. I need to internalize the circuit and close up the contrller and start updating through the final USB bootloader cable. The bad thing is, I need the battery recharger and it has not arrived yet.

The next step really is applying the remapping to all of the buttons. This should take less than a week. After that, I really need to work on the USB interface. I have reviewed it and I looks real easy. Both the PIC USB portion and the PC app look very simple to do. What will take me more time is creating the GUI. I am going to practice making a custom Form in VS and making the drop-downs for each button. What I may need help with is making a 'file' and 'savings' part of the project. I want to make the app have the ability to save certain layouts, but I have very little exercise in Visual Studio file manipulating.

If anyone has a good tutorial on how to read and create simple txt files in VS C++, I would be greatful.

Oh, also if anyone has a good picture of the PS3 controller showing all of the buttons as the backgorund for the Form that would help save some time too.

Offline AskACapper

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2010, 12:20:24 PM »
Hazer I love you...  funny thing is reading yur posts hurts my brain.  lol i wish i understood what u were saying...  lulz.

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2010, 07:40:36 PM »
In simpler terms:

The first hard part is that I am placing the PIC chip between the buttons and the controllers main chip. It is not a straight forward wiring job, some other stuff needs to be added to make this work correctly. The buttons are analog (pressure sensitive) and that was the first challenge to overcome.

The reason for the previous update is that I have succesfully completed overcoming that challenge.

The next three things I have left to do are: 1.Figure out how to stuff all these circuits into the controller; 2. Finish the code for the PIC with all the bells and whistles; 3. Make the computer PC GUI to reconfigure/remap the controller for every single game you could possibly play.

This is the first time in over a year I have felt motiviated enough to do a project like this. I wish I had more time to finish this quickly. But I do work on it every single day, little by little. I will keep you updated when I finish each of these challenges.

Offline AskACapper

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2011, 11:43:09 AM »
Hey guys i've been rocking it my petition just went over 21k!

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2011, 09:18:52 PM »
Hello Chuck,

I know its been awhile, but things have been hectic IRL. I just barely finished the free-form circuit:

I am code debugging when I can get the chance. The software part is about 60% finished also.

I went ahead and got a PS3 to make sure it works OK while using it for real. I hope to be finished in a month. Its hard right now. I get up at 5AM every day, put in 10+ hour days with 2 hours commuting, spend very little time with my boys for fun, and then its about 10PM when the last one is finally asleep. I sometimes put in an hour or two on this project, but sometimes I'm just beat and need to watch some anime to decompress before getting 5 hours of sleep and start all over. Its not much of an excuse, but I will get it done.

Offline frenulem - No.5417

• Ultimate Badass
  • Blogs & Media Team
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +23/-0
  • Learning Pascal Cuz i'm dumb and 'Ting
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2011, 06:12:00 AM »
Thank you for your efforts hazer, you're a credit to us all, i would die having a day like that, you are genuinely a good person for carrying on working on this when everything is so hectic

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2011, 08:16:59 PM »
Better late then never?

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,39591.0.html

Chuck, you need to PM me where to send the controller :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal