Author Topic: ps3 hax?  (Read 4297 times)

Offline marffy

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
ps3 hax?
« on: August 16, 2010, 11:51:41 PM »
i might get a ps3 and im wondering if the ps3 hacks are like the psp hacks. can i take games off of disks and put them on the hard-drive? is there homebrew? are the emulators? also , if i do get a ps3 should i get a fat psp? and which firmware should i look for? (im buying used) i

Offline Cookie Monster

• I SMELL SOMETHING
  • CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • GIMMIE COOKIE
Re: ps3 hax?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 12:13:18 AM »
its a whole lot different to the psp scene at the moment it is not possible to do so.
2.i think talking about that is against the rules.
3.i think thats ilegal.
4.i dunno a few people have over heating problems with their fatties (ylod). But i prefer the look of them :). Oh sorry reread your question and i dont understand it.
5. Ps3 are a lot different. Basicaly if u want to play games online then the ps3 needs to update. So my answer is any, it doesnt matter in the sightest

thanks toad and indy for the sigglys

Offline marffy

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 12:52:17 AM »
ok, just wonder what they were like. i dont want to get banned, should a lock this?

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 03:46:14 AM »
This is within the rules just stay away from piracy talk. If you are unsure on the sites rules you can read them here https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,201.0.html

as far as ps3 hacking I am unsure, from what I know ps3's are generally known to only have secure un-modded software. Wells its nothing like the psp hacking scene anyway. As far as hardware faults ps3's are pretty solid, besides as shadow pointed out, some of the older fattys have problems with YLOD.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 03:47:52 AM by GhoSt_Death »
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline krazyone2006

• PoM PuFFs??
  • Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 05:40:50 AM »
alot of the YLOD PS3's recently is due to people who have upgraded thier harddrives to a 7200 RPM drive which cause alot more heat alot more than a normal 5200-5400RPM harddrive so if you plan on upgrading the harddrive keep that in mind and only PS3's on firmware 3.55 or lower are hackable at the moment
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 06:01:15 AM by krazyone2006 »

Offline Bonz

• I'm Back Baby
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +3/-1
  • 2 1337 4 u
    • Bonznumber1
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 01:53:05 PM »
here is a link from my blog about how to install CFW on a ps3:http://www.bonznumber1.com/gaming-consoles/ps3/tutorial-how-to-install-kmeaw-cfw-no-bricking-backups-psn/

as far as understand the rules posting this is ok as at no point do i tell you how to pirate games just how to backup and play your own

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal