AcidMods Resources ----- ( These are helpful tools for modding ) > Game Accessibility

Quadriplegic accessible xbox 360 controller

(1/4) > >>

JaredtheQuad:
I'm a c5 quadriplegic which means in my case, I have arm function, wrist function, but not any finger function. I wrote to acidmods asking about how I could have my controller modded. Within a day modded matt wrote to me and said he would help me out! I can't tell you how nice and generous he was! Acidmods is an amazing place and they helped me so much!

rafaliyo86:
Agreed man!! Welcome to AcidMods the best place of modding where people always help you

HiddenVenom:
I have utmost respect for gamers like yourself. On YouTube I saw some play from a couple of gamers - one who had no right hand function, and another who had a broken back and no finger or leg function. It is a marvel of intelligence to see the way people get round things under the hardest circumstances. It inspires everyone hear stories like this :)

Deepest respects man :)

Modded Matt:
Jarad I got your controller last night, got both triggers and bumpers removed, bumpers rewired, and put back on the mobo. this mod is turning out to be alot simpler than I had anticipated. wil have it done this weeekend.

so everyone knows, the mod Jared requested is that since he rarely uses the frag and flash (bumpers) allways needs to fire a wepon (triggers) but cant reach them well. I am swaping the bumper function with the trigger function and vice versa. to make the trigger like PS3 and more accessable to him but in xbox form due to the better controller and system.

spurgurgle:
kinda off topic a little but not really....

i've seen matt do a couple of projects like this..... and it inspired me...
so i havnt been on AM as much recently but i've still bin modding a bittle... a friend of mine works in a care home for disabled children

they have a 360 there.. but some of them have problems playing it..

im not sure what there illness's were but one kid asked if i could switch the triggers over so left was right and right was left... as his left hand was more functional.. easy enough to do... i took his pad home and the next day returned it to him.... and wow was he happy :)

and on returning with his pad i got another kid ask if i could do a southpaw anolog swap and invert what is now the left anolog (right anolog function) on the up/down axis... again it didnt take long but it put a smile on his face....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version