Author Topic: ps3 rapid fire  (Read 7758 times)

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
ps3 rapid fire
« on: February 15, 2010, 05:15:35 AM »
there is no opensource rapid fire for the ps3. this is something AM should give to the comunity. any thoughts?

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
Re: ps3 rapid fire
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 05:17:54 AM »
its on my list of projects i would like to get the team to develop....  but currently not many of us own a ps3.... i am planning on getting one soon... as is t0p i beleive so im sure when we both have 1 or evan if just t0p has one we could start a development of a ps3 version of t0pfire

Sigs made by Ken and blazin from the AM Art team cheers guys.....
Spurgurgle d.t com
"I'm kinda like a typo, not quite right, but most people still understand me"

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 05:56:24 AM »
I think it would be a great idea. I have a ps3 also and i am trying to find a ps3 rapidfire with a PIC but I only have seen with a 555 timer for example that of GBlaster.

Offline HiddenVenom

• Gone 'shopping
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Photoschlop.
    • Star Legion
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 01:20:27 AM »
Yeah I was gonna say they'd already done them with 555s. Maybe you could adapt the existing t0pfird or whatever code?

Offline 5th-axis

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 05:30:59 AM »
Hey guys,
 I have a ps3 and am willing to try your codes if you like. I have a pic programmer and everything needed. I have put rapid fire on my sons Xbox controllers,(thanks to you guys) but have nothing for my PS3. So for you guys helping me out with his controllers Ill help if needed. Bear in mind I do not have any programming skills but I can do the install.
 Thanks

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 06:13:28 PM »
What we need to start is some form of breakdown of the multiple controller types. I knwo there are at least 4 revisions of just the 6 axis controllers. And each one has its own problems. It is not like the Xbox controllers where there were 2 very similar types.

We need to compile whatever info is out there already and summarize it. Otherwise, you wont be able to even start.

Remember, most RF for PS3 involve a transistor or bi-lateral switch. It is not going to be a simple 8pin PIC mod (hence the reason why nobody has capitalized on PS3 RF).
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline t0pP8uZz

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Programmer / Security Expert
    • http://milw0rm.com/author/1141
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 08:32:04 PM »
Defently something id like to work on but as mentioned before, No ps3. i plan on getting one soon though.

Offline 5th-axis

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2010, 10:33:58 AM »
Im thinking that I have seen some very nice pics of the various PS3 controllers on another site. Im not sure  if Im allowed to post the name of it though. The posters name is RDC, and seems to be somewhat of a mad genius. I do have code and schematics from somone that they put out there for use but it has a limit on it for so many powerups. I never installed it on my controller but I can try to dig it up.

Offline radmiller

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 07:19:14 AM »
I have wrote a hex for the ps3 and im willing to post the hex and the sourcecode written in mikroC but it doesnt use the r1 button it works with a tactile switch and a transistor. works with COD online gameplay also.

Ive also written multimode codes as well just to test my self but what im realy struggling to do is make a R1 button only chip. i can make it so it makes all the RH or LH buttons rapid but what i cannot do is single out a button and its realy doing my head in  :censored:

i thaught it had something to do with the values of resistors used for the buttons. i couldnt find my multimeter to check them so i found a pic but it says that X [] ^ X and R1+L1 are 10k resistors and R2 + L2 are 7k but i think im gonna go buy a multimeter this weekend and check this for my self.

there is people out there with R1 rapid kits only as there selling them on ebay i bought 1 to try and it does only work on the R1 button and can be installed on ne of the 6 types of wireless ps3 sixaxis controller.

if ne 1 has ne ideas or can help plz post as im starting to loose sleep over it  :faint: lol
when i get this working i will post it as open source

Offline ExoFire

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 10:31:55 AM »
What we need to start is some form of breakdown of the multiple controller types. I knwo there are at least 4 revisions of just the 6 axis controllers. And each one has its own problems. It is not like the Xbox controllers where there were 2 very similar types.
The different revisions of controller are of no significance.  They all work in exactly the same way and the only difference is the differing positions of the TPs.

It is not going to be a simple 8pin PIC mod

This can be done with an 8 pin 629 or 683 depending whether you wish to use A/D and how much EEPROM you need.

It is not like the Xbox controllers where there were 2 very similar types.

The actual differences in the 2 Xbox controllers are actually much greater than the difference in every revision of the PS3 controller.

if ne 1 has ne ideas or can help plz post as im starting to loose sleep over it

You need to get yourself an oscilloscope as well as your multimeter... :)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 12:12:00 PM by ExoFire »

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2010, 01:05:27 PM »
we are currently working on an opensource code but i need someone to test for me
here is the thread https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,37158.0.html

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2010, 12:11:12 PM »
Remember, most RF for PS3 involve a transistor or bi-lateral switch. It is not going to be a simple 8pin PIC mod (hence the reason why nobody has capitalized on PS3 RF).

Transistors probably won't work as well as an FET or bilateral because a transistor "leaks" current.

FETs are voltage controlled and leak nanoamps of current are are perfect however as you said there is different revisions. The FETs keep the difference in potential in check like nothing was even there.

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal