Author Topic: Advanced PIC Questions  (Read 2053 times)

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
Advanced PIC Questions
« on: January 27, 2010, 05:48:33 PM »

yeah i know what a pic does and stuff.

I can't find datasheets of Specific Microcontrollers.
I just want to know some technical details about the limits/requirements of a PIC.

Is there a Maximum Clock input to run the PIC?
Whats the maximum AC Impedance output for a PIC (30Vp-p) (21.2V RMS) @ 10KHz
I also need to know the core size of any CMOS style PIC processor.
Are there any PICs with a Bilateral switch feature.

If you don't understand anything i'm trying to say just ask a question.

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
Re: Advanced PIC Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 08:31:36 PM »
All the datasheets are at www.microchip.com.

12F series:  http://www.microchip.com/ParamChartSearch/chart.aspx?branchID=1001&mid=10&lang=en&pageId=74

16F series:   http://www.microchip.com/ParamChartSearch/chart.aspx?branchID=1002&mid=10&lang=en&pageId=74

18F series:  http://www.microchip.com/ParamChartSearch/chart.aspx?branchID=1004&mid=10&lang=en&pageId=74

Each chip has its own maximum clock speed, those links should list them.

None of the PICs handle AC output directly. Thier outputs are digital, but can run signal generation to create AC output with high voltage driver circuits.

I dont know what you mean by core size. If you mean 8bit processor vs 16bit processor vs 32bit processor, then there are all 3 types of PICS. The 12F, 16F, and 18F are all 8bit. The 24F and 30F are 16bit, and the 30MX DSCs are 32bit.

Offhand I do not know if the 24F or 30F have a bilateral output built-in. I am guessing not and dont feel like perusing the feature lists to find out. You usually build that in your circuit along with the PIC. It would be a nice feature but it would then reduce one of the digital outputs from the PIC. They would rather leave the outputs digital and let the designer have the freedom to build the support circuitry for the application rather than limit the PIC to specific applications.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
Re: Advanced PIC Questions
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 03:06:12 PM »
Thanks Man. Haven't found my PIC yet because my specs are just too tight.

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal