Author Topic: Acidmods Is getting New server And The Shop will be opening on Acidmods  (Read 9333 times)

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
Hey guys and gals.

As you may have noticed over the past few months there has been very little changes and follow throughs on the announcements and that has been due to several reasons with people we had worked with and delays that happened.  Anyway I just thought I would let you know about that before I move onto the real announcements.

The First Announcement:

We are finally getting a new dedicated server.  We expect to have it all set up by September as i am currently downloading all the files ready to be uploaded to the new server (so I request you do not upload any more attachments or pictures to the forum to save me fixing broken links etc) so we should all be swapped over by the end of august beginning of September if all goes well.  As a result of the new server we hope to be able to offer additional features to the site in the future like a fully integrated chatroom, video hosting, and the secure site.  The specifications of the dedicated server for those who would like to know are:

»   Processor: Intel Q6600 QUAD CORE
»   Memory: 2GB DDR SDRAM
»   Hd1: 160GB 7200RPM SATA / 8MB Cache
»   Hd2: 160GB 7200RPM SATA / 8MB Cache
»   RemoteBackup: No Remote Backup Needed
»   OS: Linux - CentOS 5 (+32 Bit)
»   ControlPanel: CPanel / Web Host Manager (+ServerSecure) (+Fantastico/XController)
»   Fast Quad Core Processor
»   24/7/365 Phone and Helpdesk Support
»   24/7/365 Pro-Active Service Monitoring
»   100% Network Uptime Guarantee
»   30 Minute Hardware Replacement SLA
»   3200GB Premium Multi-Homed Bandwidth(1600in + 1600out)

All this is made possible as it will be donated to us by the person who is going to run the new Shop for us.

The Second Announcement:

We are finally going to be opening the shop again.  We expect it to arrive around the same time while we are transferred to the new server or very shortly afterwards.  The products that are expected to be available will be the Intensafire rapidfire kit that mike and chives designed for BGRmods, and we expect to be able to offer cheapest price available.  We also expect to stock products from companies like XCM and Xecuter.  We will be stocking all the fundamentals needed for modding (solder, resistors LEDS etc etc).  This is just the beginning, and in the future we will expand our product range even further to make sure that the store is even more of a resource for modders.  This time with the shop, we have ensured, there will be no risk in shopping with us, as the products are all stocked and ready to go before being sold, and will be shipped only with insured shipping and confirmation.  To make sure that our customers are further protected, we completely reworked how the shop will be run and managed in order to prevent any problems happening again.  There is a signed contract stating that all parties are legally bound to their responsibilities, and checks are in place in the form of multiple admins being able to monitor all the activity of the shop and a written procedure to follow if under any circumstances the shop falls behind we will promptly fill the orders and work it out before anything like last time has a chance to happen.  The new shop will again be run by kingmike, as after the issues surrounding the last shop, it was clear that mistakes were made on both sides and we believed that we can do it again and do it properly.  We would also like to thank Mike for donating the new server to the site and for fixing all the issues that arose from the last shop, as he has now replaced virtually all the lost orders out of his own pocket and has said that if there are any that he missed that were actual orders through the AM shop and not outside deals, than they should get in touch with Mike, Chives, and Myself, so that we can track down that order and replace it.   Any issues with mike relating to the previous store and business need to be handled privately either directly with Mike or through Chives or Myself, through PM.  Any public threads saying how “mike ripped them off” will result in immediate deletion, and a permanent ban, no questions asked.  We are confident that the new shop will both satisfy the needs of the modding community, and help Acidmods make it to the top again.

And Last but Not Least Where we see ourselves in the future:

Ok,  lately as some of you have probably read, some of our seasoned members don't think I am running the site to its fullest potential.  To some extent they are right that I haven't been fully investing my time and money visibly into the site.  I have been addressing long term issues that will help the site both sustain itself and be able to expand long into the future.  What I have concentrated on, is the look and feel of the site by adding social features and user features for the forum that will make it a great place to mod and share for the future.  These changes are not as visible to our members as buying consoles for them to mod, but that has been where most of my effort/money has gone, on designers, and hosting fees.  What little I have left after all that, I have been saving for the future of AM to ensure the longevity of the site, some of these future plans include but are not limited to; registering Acidmods as a proper company which ensures our credibility when approaching manufactures.  We will also be creating an R&D fund so when the site reaches its revenue creating potential, I can buy materials for approved R&D projects as well as supplies for R&D members.  I also see us expanding our member contests to have more frequent competitions so the site will be more fun for our members, and let them be more involved.  I also want to look at the news site and integrate it more with the forum to make it more accessible and useable for people wanting to contribute news stories.  Currently you have to be registered separately on the news page in order to post, which gets confusing.  Looking even further into the future I want to develop relations with manufacturers and partners, so that modders who come up with brilliant ideas, but don't have the resources or funding to get it to the masses, could approach us to help them develop there mod and manufacture it.  Essentially Acidmods will be an incubator for modders to hatch ideas and realise their full potential.   All said and done Acidmods will still be a place that fosters creativity and is filled with top modders who are pleasant and down to earth and are always willing to help the newest of members learn.

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline Ben.

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
Re: Acidmods Is getting New server And The Shop will be opening on Acidmods
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 02:51:33 PM »
Woopp woop

That hurt my eyes abit :D.

But the shop sounds amazing - I take it all the stock is gunna be in the US? - So will have to pay extra shipping to the UK?

Thanks Robin - Your Doing a Great Job :D

Offline H-Sauce

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Music Producer
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 02:57:04 PM »
Well done robin, I'm expecting great things from this site. And I'm certain there won't be anymore mess-ups.

Offline DarkShot

• I approve your mom
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ÜBERRAPESKILLETS
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 03:09:55 PM »
Sweet deal.

Lookin forward to everything. It'll be cool once we get am R&D Team going again. We'll be back on top. 'Cause of your hard work dude.

Offline KingMike_OS

• Shop Owner - Products & Support
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • R&D
    • Modding Shop At the end of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 03:23:01 PM »
Hi everyone Hope to see great things from store and the site ..

acidmods  :#1:

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 03:36:53 PM »
tl;dr Acidmods will be awesome again within a month :tup:

Robin, you have to stock Razor X's in the shop. That's one thing us americans can't really get. (Ends up being a :censored:load of money at CM)

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 03:40:53 PM »
Well done Robin. Its really great to see things starting to turn around here. Lets keep the streak up guys. And to all new modders, keep doing what your doing and keep trying and learning.

This site has made a big part in my life and its really changed they way i am. I used to be pretty handy if i do say so myself but now i feel like i doubled what i knew.

Keep it up acidmods.

Offline robin1989

• Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 03:46:52 PM »
tl;dr Acidmods will be awesome again within a month :tup:

Robin, you have to stock Razor X's in the shop. That's one thing us americans can't really get. (Ends up being a :censored:load of money at CM)

ok for your benefit here is the short version

we get really fast dedicated server and the shop is opening again the shop is run by mike who donated the server and we got cool shizz coming and will be bigger in future.

the end

and thanks guys i do hope it works out ad this is what we have been working towards the past few months - i just didnt want to get your hopes up until it was definate

Offline h311jump3r

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • SparkMods - The Mod Repository
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 03:58:49 PM »
Hello,

I am the owner and founder of GiroTechs, LLC. I am contacting you in regards to us sponsoring the AM boards and seeing if we can get some of our products listed on your site. We would also like to have an email sent out to your members to join one of our sites as it is a new site only for Gamers and we would like to get some new members to it whenever possible. I think it has great potential and we would love to have AM on board (as se7ensins may help us out too). Anyways, all of this is done via NDA and general contracts to protect both parties.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Josh

GiroTechs, LLC.

Offline ~:Dhruv:~

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • [quote author=Reaper link=topic=30647.msg227184#ms
    • Infectech
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 06:00:55 PM »
Robin , You officially made my day :D
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2009, 06:18:52 PM »
This is awesome !

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2009, 09:50:11 PM »
WOW!!!  Congratulations robin!  I can't wait for the new shop to be set up.   It sounds like there shouldn't be any problems now so hopefully smooth sailing.

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2009, 11:51:06 PM »
I can't wait, I really hope all goes well. Make sure the shop ships world wide :)
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline robin1989

• Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2009, 02:18:51 PM »
im sure it will ship world wide

Offline robin1989

• Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2009, 01:19:53 PM »
Bump FYI we have just bought the server and it will be set up within 5 hours at which point i can start the transfer - my eta on the transition been complet is 3 days

Offline Ben.

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2009, 01:20:54 PM »
Wooooo :D :D

Offline KingMike_OS

• Shop Owner - Products & Support
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • R&D
    • Modding Shop At the end of the Universe
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2009, 02:43:28 PM »
Good Get to work we have lot of work to do ...  :#1:

Offline scott

• U.S. Army
  • Registered BST
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2009, 04:43:28 PM »
ANy news on the shop yet?

Offline robin1989

• Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2009, 01:24:50 PM »
we are just waiting for the template which we should have in the next 24-48 hours and the setup of the business paypal account. tonight i am working on the support system for it so it is all coming along nicely and should be up very shortly

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal