Console Modding------ ( Here you can talk about your favorite Consoles ) > Nintendo Wii

Trying to Port Android OS for Wii

<< < (3/7) > >>

DarkShot:
What if you were to make a persistent live install? One where you can save changes, like what's used for live distro's that run off a USB Key?

Ultimate_Binary:

--- Quote from: DarkShot on September 04, 2009, 03:00:18 AM ---What if you were to make a persistent live install? One where you can save changes, like what's used for live distro's that run off a USB Key?

--- End quote ---

Hmmmmm.... good point Darkshot

I've been using my 1GB thumb drive to run live distro's and so far so good I might need a lil help making a persistent live distro with save features but shouldn't be hard really just have it save files to a external HDD like my wii has got a 1TB external from frys.com for $99 and turn the wii into a desktop to say....

will work on this though....

Ultimate_Binary:
Okay I unbricked my wii was no problem there I was messin with region changer and it semi bricked my wii but I fixed it lastnight before I went to bed well I had to do alot of guess work because the screen was flipping so I couldn't read my settings...

I almost got my tutorial made up I got my ultimate distro I re-named it Binary Acid 09 Distro it will only be released on here for acid mods forum members...

I took all the tutorials and my own work and making up a tutorial now I haven't figure how to have like instead of a live edition a full working OS I will have to work on that that will be the project getting more and more stuff that can run on my linux release....

I am gonna see if Pox and Ragable over from PSP Hacking 101 if they would like to do a podcast on this hack so hopefully words spread to the right places and we can have a full video tutorial because I'm not gonna lie I don't have a camcorder so :censored:s kinda hard for me to make a video....

God been a long week...

Tri-edge:
Please keep us updated.  I look forward to seeing either the podcast or the tutorial.

Ultimate_Binary:
Still no word back from Pox yet he is th one that does all the video shooting and what not and I know those guys have a wii over there anyways..

I figured that I was gonna add a bunch of wads to the binary acid release such as N64 games that are wads and work like 007 goldeneye and killer instinct gold along with a few wii ware games I re-modded the goodies keeping building up more people are interested in this project alot of people are wanting to help now....  Which is good for the project.. Yay!!!

I figure I'm gonna release my tutorial then if it gets famous enough people with youtube and podcast it....   maybe Digg Nation

Re-Cap: Found a tutorial that explains how to add linux to your wii so here is the video not done by me of course I will supply the distro in 3 days...

Run Ubuntu Off of a Wii SD Card

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version