Console Modding------ ( Here you can talk about your favorite Consoles ) > Nintendo Wii

Trying to Port Android OS for Wii

(1/7) > >>

Ultimate_Binary:
I've already started making a ported version for the wii threw the homebrew channel i know it is possible because i have Debian Linux running on my Wii so now i've already started to port a version for the homebrew channel also I'm making a seperate channel directly for the Wii Menu  so you can access it without having to open the homebrew channel directly i'm have a few issues i'm lookin at my debian and seeing how it was setup I might need some help so if anyone can help and has programmin skills and have worked with open source then please Pm me I will release the source and the installer software when I finish but i think this would be a really great OS to use on the wii like Gecko OS.....

Get at me i will take pics of the programming phases if you need proof of concept!!!
Post Merge: August 22, 2009, 08:26:41 AMGot it figured out had to re-write a few parts of the distro it was easy considering its based around a linux kernel I'm getting the channels ready and seeing what else I might have to do prolly drop it on a USB stick and format the USB with WBFS see where we can go from there...

I got back track 3 running on my wii last night then got a semi brick but I fixed my wii so its all gravy will post a few pics when  I got something official to give you...

Tri-edge:
pics of linux?

PspKicks316:
I don't believe you. Enjoy your wii OS.

Tri-edge:
Kicks if you don't post anything constructive then don't post at all.  This only discourages him from posting anything if it is indeed real.  you might have to eat those words if it is real.

ryan0:
Binary if this is true then I would be glad to help with the project,I'm very proficient in programming,just send me an e-mail or a pm.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version