Author Topic: Trying to Port Android OS for Wii  (Read 33604 times)

Offline Ultimate_Binary

• BANNED
  • ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Trying to Port Android OS for Wii
« on: August 21, 2009, 05:21:05 PM »
I've already started making a ported version for the wii threw the homebrew channel i know it is possible because i have Debian Linux running on my Wii so now i've already started to port a version for the homebrew channel also I'm making a seperate channel directly for the Wii Menu  so you can access it without having to open the homebrew channel directly i'm have a few issues i'm lookin at my debian and seeing how it was setup I might need some help so if anyone can help and has programmin skills and have worked with open source then please Pm me I will release the source and the installer software when I finish but i think this would be a really great OS to use on the wii like Gecko OS.....

Get at me i will take pics of the programming phases if you need proof of concept!!!

Post Merge: August 22, 2009, 08:26:41 AM
Got it figured out had to re-write a few parts of the distro it was easy considering its based around a linux kernel I'm getting the channels ready and seeing what else I might have to do prolly drop it on a USB stick and format the USB with WBFS see where we can go from there...

I got back track 3 running on my wii last night then got a semi brick but I fixed my wii so its all gravy will post a few pics when  I got something official to give you...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 08:26:41 AM by Ultimate_Binary »

Ultimate_binary_hacker  Ultra matic hacks cracks and mods respect the:

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
Re: Trying to Port Android OS for Wii
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 05:57:24 PM »
pics of linux?

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 08:32:06 AM »
I don't believe you. Enjoy your wii OS.

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 11:36:56 AM »
Kicks if you don't post anything constructive then don't post at all.  This only discourages him from posting anything if it is indeed real.  you might have to eat those words if it is real.

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 01:55:51 PM »
Binary if this is true then I would be glad to help with the project,I'm very proficient in programming,just send me an e-mail or a pm.
Derp.

Offline Ultimate_Binary

• BANNED
  • ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 06:29:30 AM »
Binary if this is true then I would be glad to help with the project,I'm very proficient in programming,just send me an e-mail or a pm.

Thanks ryan0 if I send you over a little bit of what I need help with and what not can we go from there...?

Oh and everyone for acid mods I will release pics in due time I don't need it leaked just yet and someone here will leak it and I will see it on QJ or something its still a work in progress I'm going to have to re-due everything I was really looking into it last night and I might have to use a Debian Kernel to run with the Android OS per say to make it easier to run Debian in my opinon is a great kernel to work with and I'm a big Linux fan I put it on damn near everything electronic in my house so I'm familiar with creating a whole Linux OS from scratch just the other day I created a whole new Linux for my laptop because I'm tired of using back track 4 the KDE desktop is ok but my new one is killing boyz....

Anyways people when this project starts filling all the pieces and we can really get like maybe a few vids of progress along with some photo's then I will get you guys everything it will be here first along with my facebook then I will submit it to the rest of the community okay....!!!

and Ryan0 I will go 50/50 with you on the credits for this project and then maybe we can both work on updates for it and I might try and host a site dedicated to the Android OS for Wii Project and setup a paypal donations button....  hopefully everyone at acid mods will help donate to keep the project alive....

Offline ~:Dhruv:~

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • [quote author=Reaper link=topic=30647.msg227184#ms
    • Infectech
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 06:38:38 AM »
Ultimate_Binary - Hit me up on msn - dhruv.bhutani@hotmail.com , i want to discuss something with you.
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

Offline Ultimate_Binary

• BANNED
  • ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 09:12:22 AM »
Okay I got most of my team so we started lastnight because I work 12 hour shifts and do this stuff when I have time and not tired so we where brain storming lastnight and we all have decided a debian kernel is our best bet in this situation someone suggested we just take the wii linux source and remix it into android we will have the beta ready by the end of the month that's about the maximum wait..

I'm already doing the artwork and working on what modules we can fit into it whats important so I might put a pull up or another topic to see what some of you would like to have with your wii like maybe *cough*airphrack *cough*  :tup:

anyways I don't have pics but I will link up some pic's of the backgrounds or wallpaper that will come with the beta I am also in charge of writing a tutorial and doing a video podcast of a How To's guide on installing and using it just basic stuff and then I will start a series of podcast on how to tweak the wii android os with new hacks and updates just gonna need more team players later on I guess....

Also doing the wii channels today for Wii Android...
Also working on some screenshots today of artwork...

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 05:07:36 PM »
You won't do this.

Also no such thing as "airphrack".
It's Aircrack-ng and uses the AirPcap drivers.

Also, debian kernel = not android.

You're not remaking Android (If you could write it from scratch, you'd be working for f :censored: g google and not useless stuff).
You're just making a linux look-a-like.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 05:27:07 PM by FreeK »

Offline Ultimate_Binary

• BANNED
  • ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 04:43:29 AM »
Found a way to use android on the wii threw a live cd I found this tonight you have to partition your SD card so you can add the linux live to that folder it will show up in the homebrew channel and just press A and bingo you got any distro of linux running on your wii haven't tested with windows live yet.... :#1:

Most likely I won't rebuild android I will just use the Live distro and then create a channel so you can launch Live CD's direct off of your SD card I got a 16GB SDHC card so I'm going to get as many Live iso's as I can and see which ones work and which one's don't.... :#1: :tup: :#1:

Also I went to linux.com and you can create a whole distro for free in less then 10min which is fat.... :hifive: :hifive:

I will update with a full tutorial on how to partition SD card where to add files I will make a zipped root file so people can drag and drop and don't have to get confused Noob Proof..... :tup: :tup: :tup:

I will also add the software to partition the SD card in my release should have a tutorial either today or this week sometime I got a bloody damn cold and can't sleep so I'm bumpin some tunes on my ipod doing some testing I also will add compatibility list for what OS works on wii and I will include the Ultimate_Binary Linux Live Distro....

You need a wii keyboard in order to use linux...... :hifive:

Okay so feedback is greatly appreciated!!!!!

Offline DarkShot

• I approve your mom
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ÜBERRAPESKILLETS
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 03:00:18 AM »
What if you were to make a persistent live install? One where you can save changes, like what's used for live distro's that run off a USB Key?

Offline Ultimate_Binary

• BANNED
  • ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2009, 11:10:09 AM »
What if you were to make a persistent live install? One where you can save changes, like what's used for live distro's that run off a USB Key?

Hmmmmm.... good point Darkshot

I've been using my 1GB thumb drive to run live distro's and so far so good I might need a lil help making a persistent live distro with save features but shouldn't be hard really just have it save files to a external HDD like my wii has got a 1TB external from frys.com for $99 and turn the wii into a desktop to say....

will work on this though....

Offline Ultimate_Binary

• BANNED
  • ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 10:19:00 AM »
Okay I unbricked my wii was no problem there I was messin with region changer and it semi bricked my wii but I fixed it lastnight before I went to bed well I had to do alot of guess work because the screen was flipping so I couldn't read my settings...

I almost got my tutorial made up I got my ultimate distro I re-named it Binary Acid 09 Distro it will only be released on here for acid mods forum members...

I took all the tutorials and my own work and making up a tutorial now I haven't figure how to have like instead of a live edition a full working OS I will have to work on that that will be the project getting more and more stuff that can run on my linux release....

I am gonna see if Pox and Ragable over from PSP Hacking 101 if they would like to do a podcast on this hack so hopefully words spread to the right places and we can have a full video tutorial because I'm not gonna lie I don't have a camcorder so :censored:s kinda hard for me to make a video....

God been a long week...

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2009, 11:27:15 PM »
Please keep us updated.  I look forward to seeing either the podcast or the tutorial.

Offline Ultimate_Binary

• BANNED
  • ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2009, 03:51:51 PM »
Still no word back from Pox yet he is th one that does all the video shooting and what not and I know those guys have a wii over there anyways..

I figured that I was gonna add a bunch of wads to the binary acid release such as N64 games that are wads and work like 007 goldeneye and killer instinct gold along with a few wii ware games I re-modded the goodies keeping building up more people are interested in this project alot of people are wanting to help now....  Which is good for the project.. Yay!!!

I figure I'm gonna release my tutorial then if it gets famous enough people with youtube and podcast it....   maybe Digg Nation

Re-Cap: Found a tutorial that explains how to add linux to your wii so here is the video not done by me of course I will supply the distro in 3 days...

Run Ubuntu Off of a Wii SD Card
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 04:27:05 PM by Ultimate_Binary »

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2009, 01:34:20 PM »
That video isn't about running ubuntu on a wii,it's about running ubuntu on a pc from a wii sd.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 01:41:49 PM by ryan0 »
Derp.

Offline Ultimate_Binary

• BANNED
  • ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 10:37:44 AM »
Oops... sorry didn't watch that vid til now was trying to hold everyone over til I got someone to do my video tutorial I'm soooo sorry everyone on my next pay check in 2 weeks I'm gonna go buy a handycam and just do a whole podcast on linux on wii and some upcoming projects...

but if anyone does find a video tutorial please post it here I got a few tweaks I'm doing to the OS had to re-due alot of crap because I'm making a .wad file so you can put the Binary Acid Distro on your wii menu instead of going threw the homebrew channel and waiting for it to boot...

I just need to finish my .dol , .elf , .wad and I will release it I kinda have some time to work on it this week but with my upcoming xbox mod I'm doing for a client I might just have to wait a minute not too long a few days to finish up if anything I will just do a wad file and release just that I need to make things easier on people who aren't into hacking and modding ya know Noobs...

Okay everyone heard of BOOT-IT yeah I might be using this until I get my wad file together added video and watched this time here is a few vids I personally watched to explain and prove linux can be run on a wii....

Tutorial: How to get Linux on your Wii (Bliight or Xwhiite) easy Step by step guide (first working)

Linux Running on the Wii

« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 10:44:39 AM by Ultimate_Binary »

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2009, 09:21:20 AM »
A better project would be to get gnome or KDE running on the wii,and wuld also be  a project which I could help out alot more with as I'm not experienced in android development but ubuntu deveopment is right up my alley!
Anyways add me on msn ryandardis@hotmail.com
Derp.

Offline hazard96

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2009, 06:46:42 PM »
hey ultimate, i have a suggestion for ya!

ive tried x-whiite, which is the video you posted above btw, and i also have a widscreen hdtv. my biggest complaint is that x-whiite seems to be formatted for standard square tvs. this means that the bottom and top edges are cut off :angry:  :faint:

can you make sure this works on widescreen rectangular hdtvs before releasing it?

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2009, 02:24:19 PM »
before releasing it?
if you ever manage to come close to releasing it*
Fix'd

Offline hazard96

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2009, 07:43:48 PM »
i have faith in this. it seems like a cool idea.

Offline Ultimate_Binary

• BANNED
  • ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2009, 07:54:11 AM »
Moment of Truth: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :hifive:

Okay so me and Lord_AsukA are releasing the iso image today not the wad were having some issues but nothing we can't work on and yes L0rd_asuka will be coming back to acid mods to release a new custom firmware for the PSP GO but you will all have to wait on him to discuss the details Team Binary is our new Dev name....

Okay I will post the ISO image for the new Binary ACID Distro we should have the wad ready soon this is also a KDE release just so everyone knows just play with it on your pc til we have a wad ready..

I will be back soon to release the iso to the public... lots of hacker features inserted so just check out everything the file is only 576MB so you can fit it on a USB or CD....

All credit goes to me Ultimate_Binary and L0rd_AsukA Aswell as the entire Acid Mods team....

be back shortly.... :tup: :tup: :tup:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay back here is the URL for the download of Binary ACID Distro!!!!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=APPHAICS

And Your Welcome Acid Modders.....!!!!!

New PSP GO Firmware Will also be dedicated to Acid Mods to get more people into the scene and support acid mods...!!!!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 09:22:25 AM by Ultimate_Binary »

Offline hazard96

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2009, 11:52:57 AM »
When do you think youll release the .wad?

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Infectech
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2009, 11:56:51 AM »
Am getting the iso now... will take a look at it and let you know.
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

Offline hazard96

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2009, 03:36:16 PM »
i tried it in virtualbox. all it did was after saying boot to kde, it went through some cammand line and then stopped at updating linux kernel or sumthin and never went after five hours. help?

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Infectech
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2009, 09:36:03 PM »
Same here....
  you look like a carrot.

Offline hazard96

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2009, 09:40:44 PM »
im gonna try burnin it to a disk and bootin in up on my comp, or we can just wait for the wad ;D

Offline hazard96

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2009, 07:57:22 PM »
can we get an update?

Offline blackburn

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Xbox 360 Enthusiast and JTAGer