Author Topic: New rapidfire coming out.  (Read 5750 times)

Offline 40_ounce

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
New rapidfire coming out.
« on: June 26, 2009, 10:09:32 AM »
This looks really kool. What do you guys think?
http://www.viking360.com/home.htm

I wasn't sure where to put this the site says 360 so I put it here.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: New rapidfire coming out.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 11:57:21 AM »
Looks pretty decent. I like it. Hopefully they won't charge an arm and a leg for it.

Offline buickgnx

• gba modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • www.MactasticMendezisawesome.com
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 03:23:15 PM »
i would love it. on anoth site theres a chip that uses a serial port and a jack to prrogram but it's like 40 bucks. but idont have a serial port on my lappy

PsychoticWolf , MactasticMendez and Skullmaster, mike and 802Chives (and all the others:) are the Best Admins On ACIDMODS

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 07:03:45 PM »
This looks really kool. What do you guys think?
http://www.viking360.com/home.htm

I wasn't sure where to put this the site says 360 so I put it here.

That is very impressive. I too am curious about price. Hopefully they sourced all the SMD work through China. Otherwise there is no way they could sell it for anything less than $50 in parts.

i would love it. on anoth site theres a chip that uses a serial port and a jack to prrogram but it's like 40 bucks. but idont have a serial port on my lappy

You do know you can get a USB->Serial port adapter for $10?
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline buickgnx

• gba modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • www.MactasticMendezisawesome.com
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 08:05:42 PM »
That is very impressive. I too am curious about price. Hopefully they sourced all the SMD work through China. Otherwise there is no way they could sell it for anything less than $50 in parts.

You do know you can get a USB->Serial port adapter for $10?

yes i know but im 12 with no job.

PsychoticWolf , MactasticMendez and Skullmaster, mike and 802Chives (and all the others:) are the Best Admins On ACIDMODS

Offline 40_ounce

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 12:46:38 PM »
Wow looks like he's selling these really cheap. $30.00 for a kit and $50.00 for a refurbished controller with the kit preinstalled.

Offline geekonaut

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 03:41:23 PM »
So has anyone bought one of these?

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2009, 04:09:16 PM »
They just came out yesterday, just wait.

Offline ichagowill

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 09:07:05 AM »
ive seen there product page and there 6 mode is exactly the same as this website but i think this website is cheeper http://www.rapidfiremods.com/xbox-361/products/chips/xbox-360-rapid-fire-mod-chip.html?SID=91cf6aaf05559cb81131c0569e8b1730
ive ordered from them numerous times and havnt had a problem

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 09:47:02 AM »
good price.... not sure how smart of a move it is, unless they are just recycling older designs.  The reason I say this is that they are essentialy just posting .hex files that are easily loaded to the chip via USB bootloader (may just be rs232 converted boatloader).  Anyone with a little bit of coding savvy would be able to just download the files they provide, extract the .hex and use them for their own purposes.

Not that that type of product model wont work, just means the second they come out with anything revolutionary or new, the rest of the world will have it at their fingertips.  Even with encryption that file is very vulnerable to being used for illegitament purposes. 

I think it is a great product they have made, and at a great price, just hope they have covered their bases and dont get bit in the butt when someone produces the generic version and prices them out of the market using their own software.  Bootloading by usb can be very simple by using opensource microchip demo's to do it, but they are jumping the gun because the demos are opensource and without a good secure PC User interface it is very vulnerable to hacking and stealing.

BTW IMHO Hazer's non-open source product is still twice the product this will ever be with its user selectable speeds and bursts, and an actual user interface software that doesnt need to wait for updated code in order to accomplish the same thing. Not trying to knock the vicking chip but claiming to be the first USB programmable controller is just terminology as a better product working from the same concept already existed, just lacked usb support(which is like saying that the first HDTV was produced when HDMI connections were added, where as component video already provided essentailly the same function for years prior)

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 02:18:16 PM »
agreed, where have you been?

I asked hazer to post details on his product, he is open to this, look for his link to come soon at the BST section of the main board. (details as in how we can purchase one)

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2009, 07:09:08 AM »
been swamped at work, and busy on weekends.  Trying to balance everything and not doing very well at it.  :dntknw:

Doing more lurking than anything lately :tup:

Will be glad to See hazer selling in BST section, he definately has made the most underapreciated rapidfire mod to date.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 07:11:29 AM by 802Chives »

Offline Viking360

• Club AM VIP
  • Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2009, 07:38:43 AM »
(which is like saying that the first HDTV was produced when HDMI connections were added, where as component video already provided essentailly the same function for years prior)

Component HDTV sucks.  Have you sat down and watched component vs. HDMI?  How dare you trash talk the wonder of HDMI.  :-)

I have never looked at another code or design.  I started in this game oh about 3 weeks ago from  scratch.  I'm a BSEE with nothing better to do and I got bored with selling 360 drive flashing kits.  After I got the PCboards in from the factory last week, it was the first time I logged in and noticed there was a COD5 patch!  I got past the detection in about 4 hours.   

If somebody has got enough brains to reverse engineer these unencrypted .hex files, more power to them!   I don't see the fun in hoarding codes and selling code or controllers at $200 to exploit people.  Especially since I bypassed COD5 in a day.  That's why I'm priced under $100.  People are going to 'steal' this idea even if I used 1024-bit encryption, because guys with brains like hazer (and you for that matter, you at least know about microchip's usb bootloaders, they have several for free) are going to replicate the design sooner or later.

Also I hope to roll out some development tools for coders, so anybody who wants to get in the came can all collaborate on one chip.  It would be sweet if everyone had the same exact PIC going on a nice little board for under $30.  :-)  F' the $200 mod shops!  (now of course I'm going to try to make some money here, don't get me wrong!)  But $200 is a bit nuts.

But, really thought, I've got a lot more going on than custom speeds.  Who really gives a :censored: about 8.00 sps vs 8.12 sps vs 9.3 sps vs. 9.5 sps?  I can put out an editable hex file, and in fact when I finally catch up with putting out special mode presets, I'll work on putting a little piece of windows software for speed editing and then finally I can quit hearing about how uber-awesome a hex editing software is.

With all the buttons wired up we are talking COD reload glitch, we are talking COD sniper mode, we are talking GOW  perfect active reloads, we are talking . . .   

:-)

Let me know if you've got any more questions, I'll try to answer, I'm looking for good feedback like yours because honestly I don't know where this is going, like I said I was bored and put together a PIC design, ordered it, and am rolling with the punches.

Post Merge: June 30, 2009, 07:48:09 AM
Honestly I was going to use Atmel's very nice AVR line , free compilers, better quality chips, less undocumented bugs than Micro:censored:'s stuff, or I mean MicroCHIP sorry.  :-)  But I could not find on-board USB + low power in AVR for under $10, so, I went with Microcrap PIC.  Low power operation with USB (well and at a nice price as I found out).  I tell you I had a heck of a time with some of their undocumented features/undocumented bugs.  It looks like this is normal for Microchip?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 07:48:09 AM by Viking360 »

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2009, 12:55:15 PM »
hahahaha, I was wondering if you would come here and defend your product, glad I got your attention. Your right about the HDMI comment, component is inferior, but its the only analogy i could think of atm.

You touched on exactly why I said this product model could work, if it was more of a developer platform than a product, this will do very nicely(not that it wont as is). The possibilities are endless with an open source product, however I would be weary just as you are, of not getting your fair piece of the pie.  I am very impressed with your pricing, seems like you could be headed in a good direction for our young modders and programmers. Now the hard part is jumping all in on open source or not. (i have been battling that since the start, which was from scratch as well)

I take it mister hazer's device has been mentioned to you before. Your device does have the Cod5 work around so you do have that as a slight edge over the competition. (not to mention slightly superior USB!)

This is a very nice product, but this part of the industry is ruthless. Reverse engineering is rampant, and companies exist that have done nothing more than rip off other peoples designs. (Big ones too) Congrats on the product and I look forward to seeing what other goodies you have in store.

Seems like you are feeling some of the microchip pains, maybe you arent familiar with their business model of releasing hardware and letting the community debug it :laughing:  AVR definately has superior devices, but I am sure that they have their own set of headaches.

Welcome to AM and feel free to use the BST section for sales and/or make a thread in here about your product (as we try not to play favorites, most of us are partial to hazer cuz of his opensource contributions) I am a young EE and sure would be nice to have someone around to keep me in check :winker:
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 01:00:47 PM by 802Chives »

Offline Viking360

• Club AM VIP
  • Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2009, 10:08:53 PM »
ive seen there product page and there 6 mode is exactly the same as this website but i think this website is cheeper http://www.rapidfiremods.com/xbox-361/products/chips/xbox-360-rapid-fire-mod-chip.html?SID=91cf6aaf05559cb81131c0569e8b1730
ive ordered from them numerous times and havnt had a problem

Yes, but are they upgradeable?  Nope.  So when COD:Modern Warfare 2 comes out, are they going to charge you yet again for upgrades.... yup.

My USB (and hazer's serial design, now that I know about it) for the win, baby!

Post Merge: June 30, 2009, 10:10:39 PM
It didn't take me long to realize that Hazer is the 'papa bear' of the rapidfire community :-).  It's nice to meet you too, sir, and look forward to keeping each other on each other's toes!  :victory:
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 10:10:39 PM by Viking360 »

Offline 40_ounce

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2009, 06:01:12 AM »
Yes, but are they upgradeable?  Nope.  So when COD:Modern Warfare 2 comes out, are they going to charge you yet again for upgrades.... yup.

It didn't take me long to realize that Hazer is the 'papa bear' of the rapidfire community :-).  It's nice to meet you too, sir, and look forward to keeping each other on each other's toes!  :victory:

Yes both of you guys ftw!!! I have hazers final rf I plan on buying a rf kit from viking also. I hope you guys can work together and bring the community something really special..... Thanks guys...

Offline ichagowill

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2009, 09:14:18 AM »

you do have a point upgradible chips are the best way to go but there kinda pricy

Offline 40_ounce

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2009, 06:42:54 AM »
you do have a point upgradible chips are the best way to go but there kinda pricy

Not true. Hazers final rf is only $40 or $43 and vikings usb rf is only $30. Just think about the money and time you will spend every time you have to buy a new chip when there is a new patch or new game.

Offline ichagowill

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2009, 09:06:18 AM »
thats what i was thinking i think imight just get one but theres only one question i had is how do we make it compadiable with cod 5 because i already downloaded the config thing

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2009, 01:07:41 PM »
with hazers product the only way to make it Cod5 compatible(without software upgrade) is slow the fire rate down to the point where you dont get capped, or use a burst option.

You also have to realize that the longer you hold the trigger the more susceptible to capping it is, so dont mash the trigger when your using it and you will be able to achieve speeds better then the uncappable speed.

Offline 40_ounce

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2009, 05:07:32 PM »
Hazers final rf gets 11 sps.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal