Author Topic: The Bad Side Of the Sixaxis PS Button LED MOD  (Read 4257 times)

Offline joecrack57

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
The Bad Side Of the Sixaxis PS Button LED MOD
« on: May 02, 2009, 07:55:02 PM »
Ok i stumble upon this while modding like 4 Sixaxis. I noticed it with all of them,i tried to fix it but no dice so far. Here is the problem: once you do the PS Button Mod on a Sixaxis and everything works like is suppose to your like " yeah this is awesome i did it" but guess what you have to trade something for that mod. what u trade is that whenever u put your controller to charge u will never know when is fully charged because the Indicator LEDS will never stop Blinking, and it will always say Charging once u check it on your PS3 Screen. I don't know if u guys notice this, but i guess in the long run this will have some sort of effect on your batteries life spam. This might not be a problem at all maybe I'm just too of a perfectionist.Well you guys let me know what u think, and if u guys noticed it on your Sixaxis as well.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: The Bad Side Of the Sixaxis PS Button LED MOD
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 10:19:14 PM »
I've noticed the indicator LEDs blinking all the time while charging no matter what, even unmodded, but then again I'm charging them on my PC - not sure if there's a difference. What's supposed to happen? Are the LEDs supposed to only blink until charged? Sorry, don't own a PS3 - I just mod controllers.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline joecrack57

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 10:56:11 PM »
I've noticed the indicator LEDs blinking all the time while charging no matter what, even unmodded, but then again I'm charging them on my PC - not sure if there's a difference. What's supposed to happen? Are the LEDs supposed to only blink until charged? Sorry, don't own a PS3 - I just mod controllers.
yup they are only suppose to blink until charged

Offline crazyl69

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 10:31:37 PM »
    I too did the mod on my two ps3 controllers but I have not experience this problem. Yes, the 4 indicating leds do flash on and off when in charge mode but when fully charged the leds stop flashing. This is normal operations. I guess, it all depends on how the led mod is wired to the mobo.

Offline joecrack57

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 05:36:22 PM »
i gu
    I too did the mod on my two ps3 controllers but I have not experience this problem. Yes, the 4 indicating leds do flash on and off when in charge mode but when fully charged the leds stop flashing. This is normal operations. I guess, it all depends on how the led mod is wired to the mobo.
i guess it does. Can u tell me which points you used to mod ur controllers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal