Author Topic: DS lite External Controller USB Ports  (Read 27462 times)

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
DS lite External Controller USB Ports
« on: January 30, 2009, 06:51:16 PM »
DS External Controller USB Ports

Introduction
This tutorial will teach you how to add USB Ports to your DS Lite for use with External controllers, Analogs,
Tilt sensors and more!!

Parts Needed
--USB Ports
--DS Lite
--Kynar wire

Tools Needed
--Soldering Iron   
--Solder
--Flux
--Wire Strippers
--Rotary Tool with detail bits (Small)
--TriWing screwdriver

Average Time To Complete- About 1 hour

Difficulty Rating-3/5

Step By Step Tutorial-
Here is the wiring chart for the USB Port for the Nintendo DS D-Pad Make a note which wire is which so you don't have to keep opening it up to look.For this mod you will need a 5 Pin female type A mini USB port. You will need to solder the wire directly to the pad don't worry if you get a small mound of solder on one side just add solder to the other side as well. I found this make the d-pad more responsive anyway..

Here is the wiring chart for the USB Port for the Nintendo DS Face Buttons Make a note which wire is which so you don't have to keep opening it up to look. For this mod you will need a 5 Pin female type A mini USB port. You will need to solder the wire directly to the buttons don't worry if you get a small mound of solder on one side just add solder to the other side as well. I found this make the Face Buttons more responsive anyway..
facebuttons

Here is how you will need to route the wire for this mod. Also you will need a special Tri Wing screwdriver. Also while your doing this mod now is a great opportunity to trick out your DS further by buying a NDS shell as well..

In this Picture you can see I have both USB ports hot glued and ready to close the DS to finish up this mod

This is where the D-Pad Hole needs to be cut for the Mini type A USB port female.

Also, To keep things uniform I used a pin assignment so all my attachments will work with both ports..

Note: This is not my Tutorial i just uploaded it and edited it for your viewing pleasure!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 08:42:12 AM by Modded Matt »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: DS lite External Controller USB Ports
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 08:31:33 AM »
I repaired the links to all but the first image in this post. The first image was titled "facebuttons" and is not on the server sorry.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 08:47:20 AM by Modded Matt »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal