Author Topic: How would I make a trigger on my airsoft gun the button for the B button?  (Read 5685 times)

Offline Knightsofwar210

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Knightsofwar210site
I'm modding my M16 airsoft gun (http://knightsofwar210site.110mb.com) into a wii gun and I want the trigger to be the B button how would I do this? Solder two wires from the B button's spot and have the trigger have some metal so when you press the trigger it touches the two ends of the wires and completes the circuit? Or how Thanks!

The place where the B button touches has 4 spots not only 2 so what and where should I solder the wires too?

[] []
[] []

That is what the spots look like  :confused:

EDIT - I couldn't upload a pic using photobucket (how odd) so I found one instead here - http://techrepublic.com.com/2346-22_11-58323-8.html

802Chives EDIT: avoid double posting, use the modify button

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
Re: How would I make a trigger on my airsoft gun the button for the B button?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 09:13:49 PM »
two of those pads are common ground(I believe upper left and lower right).  The other two are not common to each other (I don't think), but they both need to be connected to the common ground in order to produce a button press.

In other words I think there are 3 connections that need to be made.  KingMike_OS needs to confirm this tho, because I am only remembering what he told me and it could be that only 2 pads were needed.  when we did wii rapid fire development, he did the electrical on that one.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 09:21:04 PM by 802Chives »

Offline Knightsofwar210

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Knightsofwar210site
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 10:51:00 AM »
I connected wires to all of the points and tested it out you only need two of them to touch but I dont know which ones so I'm solding them all to a usb plug that will be in the back of the remote and I'll hook up a male usb to the other side which will go down the barrel and into the trigger mechanism.

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 06:52:56 PM »
sounds like you have it under control let us know if you have more questions, and for the love of gawd man please post ur mod when ur done :tup:

Offline Knightsofwar210

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Knightsofwar210site
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 08:06:27 AM »
I'm still working on it, I'll post some progress today. :tup:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal