Author Topic: guitar hero psp controller mod  (Read 13164 times)

Offline iaintnopimp03

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
guitar hero psp controller mod
« on: July 21, 2008, 08:48:02 PM »
hi everyone im new at this site, anyway i wanted to share my idea  with everyone here to see if i cud get any help with a project i have in mind and it is a psp guitar hero controller mod. yes for all the guitar hero fans who saw the DS come with a simple version of this and would rather see it in psp here is are chance. first i would like to tell you guys how did the idea came up one day i was playing rock band with my bro while playing i press pause because he needed to go to the bathroom when he comes back he throws him self in the sofa and lands on my guitar and breaks it i was so mad but wat can u do hes fam u know so any way after a week or two the peace that broke off was laying at my comp. desk next to my psp and there it was when it came to my head wat if? so know i share with u guys this idea to see wat can with come up with any way i drew a simple pic of my idea to see wat u guys think so far so please fell free to coment in any way u wish ................................sory dont know how to put up pics on this post but i will soon but please comment on the idea thanks.....
i will post actual pics in a couple of hours
the clear case is going to be used for holding the guitar peace to the psp well when i strat to molded in
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 07:28:22 AM by iaintnopimp03 »

VoX

Re: guitar hero psp controller mod
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 01:33:02 AM »
Add pictures by uploading to an image hosting site such as www.tinypic.com and then pasting the weblink to the image and selecting the link and then pressing the button

Offline socomhacker239

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 02:13:14 AM »
yea that would be kickazz but the contoller is the easy part but how do you expect to get the gutair hero game on the psp unless ur a game programmer i dont see this happening

Offline zbblanton

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +5/-0
    • My modding site
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 02:26:35 AM »
a person that we are not allowed to talk about already did this i think

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 03:01:24 AM »
a person that we are not allowed to talk about already did this i think
It was probably :censored: anyway :huh:

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 03:07:44 AM »
i'd like to see that if there's pic's about. i suppose you could use that mod with stairway to heaven homebrew. unless sony get there  :censored: in gear and make a GH psp version.

Offline treemty

• l,,l METAL l,,l
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Will mod for food
    • the1337group.com
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 04:45:18 AM »
you could run gunnar hero which is guitar hero homebrew for the psp

Offline iaintnopimp03

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 08:27:06 AM »
hi everyone im new at this site, anyway i wanted to share my idea  with everyone here to see if i cud get any help with a project i have in mind and it is a psp guitar hero controller mod. yes for all the guitar hero fans who saw the DS come with a simple version of this and would rather see it in psp here is are chance. first i would like to tell you guys how did the idea came up one day i was playing rock band with my bro while playing i press pause because he needed to go to the bathroom when he comes back he throws him self in the sofa and lands on my guitar and breaks it i was so mad but wat can u do hes fam u know so any way after a week or two the peace that broke off was laying at my comp. desk next to my psp and there it was when it came to my head wat if? so know i share with u guys this idea to see wat can with come up with any way i drew a simple pic of my idea to see wat u guys think so far so please fell free to coment in any way u wish ................................sory dont know how to put up pics on this post but i will soon but please comment on the idea thanks.....
i will post actual pics in a couple of hours
the clear case is going to be used for holding the guitar peace to the psp well when i strat to molded in
guitar way to heaven for psp cud be a start

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 08:33:05 AM »
You wouldn't be able to use the USB port... You would need to add another port to it, whether it be USB or something else. Then just wire the buttons form the GH controller to the buttons that controls that color on the psp.

For example, wire the Green GH button to the X psp button, etc.

Offline ra1n

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • I'm not like other girls ^_^
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 08:50:03 AM »
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 01:38:09 PM by RA1N »

getting old is mandatory growing up is optional.

Offline H-Sauce

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Music Producer
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 11:14:11 AM »
RA1N = HYPERLNK URLS!!

looks good, would work great for slim, but it will be a problem on fat. i meaan think about it, how are you gonna see the screen? great idea and all, its just the way u play gh, you couldnt see te screen. oon slim it wouldnt coz of tv out :P. ut it would be awesome to see it happen :D

Offline iaintnopimp03

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 12:28:12 PM »
RA1N = HYPERLNK URLS!!

looks good, would work great for slim, but it will be a problem on fat. i meaan think about it, how are you gonna see the screen? great idea and all, its just the way u play gh, you couldnt see te screen. oon slim it wouldnt coz of tv out :P. ut it would be awesome to see it happen :D
your probably right thats why i would some how put a mirrow so that it could reflect the lcd :tup:

hey guys thanks for the support tomorow i will post the actual pics for this project and some of the things that i will be using for it so keep posting up more ideas and soon we might see psp guitar hero live tour ........stay tuned :tup:

You wouldn't be able to use the USB port... You would need to add another port to it, whether it be USB or something else. Then just wire the buttons form the GH controller to the buttons that controls that color on the psp.

your right i will make another usb port maybe right on the side so that it could just clip right on thanxs
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 02:53:29 AM by robin1989 »

Offline H-Sauce

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Music Producer
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 01:00:42 PM »
2 thins.

1 that could work, ut yoeesomeone to right u a prx that would horizontally flip the screen or if it exists use one
2 please use th edit button, makes it etter

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2008, 01:27:36 PM »
Sony can't make a version for the psp because there is no place to plug in an external controller on the psp. The ds has its controller built into a gba game pack. This won't work on the psp because it uses discs and not game packs. Nice though. Though. I would just hook it up n the same way as the external ps2 controller. And since you would have to have a havkedpsp to run the game anyway, you could just use remotejoy to see what's on the screen.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline ra1n

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • I'm not like other girls ^_^
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2008, 01:40:48 PM »
RA1N = HYPERLNK URLS!!

i forgot jeez >-> to go plug in the controller and prop up the psp on stand and play.. O_O but the whammy and orange button won't do anything

getting old is mandatory growing up is optional.

Offline H-Sauce

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Music Producer
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2008, 01:42:26 PM »

please, read ALL comments before replying. this already been quoted.

thank yo

and yh, you could do one with direct plugin, and one with cable :P

wammy could be a problem. but orange not, no just face buttons, dpad 2 :P
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 01:45:05 PM by H-Sauce »

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2008, 01:51:14 PM »
H-Sauce learn to read. Go look at EVERY SINGLE POST before mine. Was it ever mentioned? NO!

Offline H-Sauce

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Music Producer
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2008, 01:57:08 PM »
what are you talking about?!?

i dont see anything wrong with my post

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2008, 03:06:38 PM »
Wait. I'm guessing you weren't talking to me when you said that it's been said now...

Offline pax

• CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Sig and Avatar by INDYCHASE
    • GAMING LAGOON - Join now for free prizes
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2008, 05:46:54 PM »
lol fight!! fight!! fight!!  :rofl:

wow this has gotten so off topic, i dont think the mirror thing is a good idea, i mean the way i picture how this will end up looking doesnt look nice at all, kinda makes the psp bigger than it is. but hey thats just my opinon.

anyway back off topic :D kicks - "guppy eater" LOL

Guppy > Chief Squatting Hard > 1/2 Pint > Fart Sniffer > Tone Deff > Motor Mouth > Allumnist > King of the Wii-tards > Who Farted > Poker Champ > Chaos Lover > Bomb Maker > CyberPyrot Wannabe

Offline tealbutt

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2008, 11:55:47 PM »
maybe you can make it such that the clear case is attached permanently to the guitar buttons and the clear case hooks itself to the psp, it will be somewhat like the nds guitar hero controller if done that way, then, the analog stick can be the strummer and maybe an external wammy can be attached to the clear case as well at the appropriate place. overall, you will be holding your psp and playing the game just like the nds guitar hero =)

« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 12:23:20 AM by tealbutt »

VoX

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2008, 02:11:05 AM »
You can't use the USB port, this has already been stated.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2008, 05:32:42 AM »
You can't use the analog unless the homebrew uses that. I've never played so I don't know. And there's still the problem of not seeing the screen! How on earth are you going to play if the screen is upside down?

Offline tealbutt

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2008, 08:37:19 AM »
i remembered playing a version of some guitar hero typed game on my psp using the analog stick with buttons, you still can play the game with the normal screen as what matters is the colours of the buttons, even if its upside down or right side up, the colours are still the same =)

oh and maybe you can use other kind of plug instead of the usb since its not possible =)

Offline H-Sauce

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Music Producer
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2008, 11:41:49 PM »
wait. dosnt the dual nub work and the face buttns work too? because then i suppse u could get the buttons wired up directly. wouldnt be ergonomic tho ll
and kikcs, i see it fom what it looked like to you. i wa quoting you to show rckespurt or whatever that we know you cant use usb

Offline kink192

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2008, 07:59:03 AM »
instead of a mirror or soft-flipping the screen, why not just attach it to the other side so when you hold it its the right way...
It's been a long time

Offline sprocketme2

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2008, 07:14:12 PM »
I thought of this entire concept along time ago (no im not taking credit) And it seams possible to me. Firstly you would have the green red yellow blue buttons and common ground from the guitar neck ran to a mini usb cable/plug (FYI mini usb has 5 wires). Then direct connect XO[] and /\ to a new mini usb jack on the psp. If you really really want a whammy bar then you could direct connect to the nub with another plug but this will be sloppy, and flimsy most likely.

Above all this is only possible on a slim psp, without some insanely stupid mod. Use the slim's TV-out via the homebrew. The guitar neck, and/or the whammy bar would need to be attached to a clear case, or a clip to clip onto the psp.

Best of luck  :victory:
My flickr profile: http://www.flickr.com/photos/47542734@N06/
Contains all my photos for public viewing

Offline Dark_Daniel

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Teach Me how to Mod
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2008, 12:32:24 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bablZZ7j7GQ
NOW THIS KID HAS AN IDEA BUT I WOULD LIKE TO ADD TO HIS IDEA
but first id like to say no usb every thing will be installto the d-pad and itll go at the bottom

first step open your psp apart untill you see this.

then solder here.

like so.

this is the hard i want some one to make a board that represnets X,[],/\,O one for each and pushable.

each wire is now soldered to 4 boards.

for the strum just use the mouse all we need now is a game
hi:)

Offline Dark_Daniel

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Teach Me how to Mod
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2008, 09:54:44 PM »
so basicly i use XO[]/\ idea as second nub but each had its own board
so u could say it kinda acts like a second XO[]/\
hi:)

Offline DK

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • OBJECTION!!
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2008, 03:37:08 AM »
Wouldn't the easy way be to hook up the controller to the PSP via the remote port by the headphone port? That can accept 5 buttons, enough for the controls of Guitarway to Heaven. Then you can reconfigure the controls using software so the buttons on the guitar controller match up to the Guitarway controls.

Just my 2 cents

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal