Author Topic: A guide for Ds top screens  (Read 16468 times)

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
A guide for Ds top screens
« on: May 31, 2008, 08:03:35 AM »
So you must be having trouble with that top screen?
Well heres some thing to answer most of those questions!!!

I took apart my Ds/ Ds lite know the screan is plain white!
1.This might be becuase the ribbon isnt in all the way, Its a common problem that mistakes for a broken screen
What to do: Lift up the black tab carefully, then put in the ribbon utill the black taps on the ribbon touch the clip that hold the ribbon

2 I did that MARIOPARTY53 and it still wont work!!!
What to do: Retry step 1. If it still wont work read this
When you open, close the ds, does the screen flicker with lines colors etc?
If so: Your ribbon may be bent Cuasing the connections to cut off, your could try to bend the ribbon around until works, but that might put further damage, so you might have to buy a new one
If not: the ribbon still, maybe, not in, but maybe the total connection between the screan may be cut of, see if the speakers still give of sound, if they do, the screan might be broken, you might have to buy a new one

3.I NEVER took apart my ds/ds lite and the screen wont work
Ok What does the screan do:
Its Plain white Its grayish after It took so impact Its a lot of diffrent colors Theres these random annoying dots on my screan!

Its plain white
The ribbon might not be in all the way, lift up the Black tab carefully and insert it all the way with the 2 ends touching the plastic
Its grayish after It took impact the screen is cracked buy a new one
Its alot of diffrent colors ok Have you ever spilt water on it? thats the only thing I can think of, take it out and clean the ribbon, If it still doesnt work buy a new one
Theres these random annoying dots on my screen! this is becuase there dead pixels, they are caused by temperature, pressure, and sometimes a lot of use of the system, you could stick with it, of buy a new screen, your choice. And some say (voices clear)  they may not be fully dead, and if you have a thing like the game and watch, there are videos out there that can help jog the pixels back to life.

4.other things, problems

I need help soldering the spekers to the screan
this is easy to fix, take a 15 watt soldring iron, heat the solder up, and attach he wires back on the solder, and give it 20 seconds for the solder to dry

I still need help, my trouble isnt on here!!
Pm me, I could try to help you

I have something to add!!!
Pm me, I will add it, depending If I think it will be usefull etc..

THIS GUIDE IS MADE BY MARIOPARTY53 AND BROUGHT TO YOU BY MARIOPART53 AND ACIDMODS.COM AND VOICES CLEAR FOR DEAD PIXELS INFORMATION
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 05:52:37 PM by MARIOPARTY53 »
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
Re: A giude for Ds top screans
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 08:17:14 AM »
NICE JOB MARIOPARTY53!
I bet this will help a lot of people. oh and btw nice touch with the color indexing (I like that idea). If had my tutorial manager position right now I would have moved this straight to the the tutorial section for all to see (and use).

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 08:33:15 AM »
You probably know this.... but you spelled "screen" wrong. Anyway besides that, the guide is pretty detailed and focused on the popular screen issues that the DS tends to have, and I like it :D, the guide I mean, not the screen issue :p.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 08:34:52 AM »
You probably know this.... but you spelled "screen" wrong. Anyway besides that, the guide is pretty detailed and focused on the popular screen issues that the DS tends to have, and I like it :D, the guide I mean, not the screen issue :p.
LOL i had a feeling I spelt wrong being early in the morning and all

I will change it...for seikene
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 08:49:58 AM »
LOL i had a feeling I spelt wrong being early in the morning and all

I will change it...for seikene
you spelt guide wrong too

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 08:59:50 AM »
you spelt guide wrong too
ok anything else? I think its all good from there

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: A guide for Ds top screens
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 09:31:31 AM »
I feel special :D, anyway a few extra things :P
-"cuased buy tempature, presure", you spelled every word except buy :P, don't want to be a duche (spelled wrong on purpose), but just pointing it out (a spell check can fix ALL of that), but my main point was...
-...you should try making a sub-guide for the phat, since a they have a few differences, mainly the ribbon cable, and how each cable out of the 3 can do different things and can cause different problem when each one/all/2 out of 3 have issues.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline voices_clear

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 12:59:54 PM »
about the dead pixel thing, they may not be fully dead and if you have a thing like the game and watch, there are videos out there that can help jog the pixels back to life, it worked with mine

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2008, 09:22:19 PM »
if you can get some nice watermarked pictures up this is pretty much ready for the tutorial section!!

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2008, 09:23:59 PM »
if you can get some nice watermarked pictures up this is pretty much ready for the tutorial section!!

I dont water mark, but sure pics will be done (later sometime)

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2008, 09:30:59 PM »
ill watermark for you

but you cant have it in the tutorial section until the pics are watermarked with your name and Acidmods

Offline voices_clear

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 07:08:15 AM »
but the way the video works is it flashes red green and blue screens over and over again, and what it does is jog lazy pixel, which might be seen as dead by just looking at it, to "wake up" and work again.

i cant find the video right now, so ill make one and put it up for download and link it here if you want

...but i need to know i site where i can upload it for free
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 07:18:02 AM by voices_clear »

VoX

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2008, 07:35:31 AM »
Nice guide, This will really help people. Only con is the colours are distracting, jk XD  :hifive:

Offline gsm_killa

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • acidict
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2008, 07:18:27 AM »
how about the blue light on my NDS Lite...

i buy it...

its normal or NOT...
ps2 user

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2008, 01:23:22 PM »
how about the blue light on my NDS Lite...

i buy it...

its normal or NOT...
blue ds lite still a ds lite.  It just has a different colored case.  The case doesn't affect anything at all on a ds.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal