Author Topic: PSP/Dualshock Control Pinouts and Info  (Read 113641 times)

Offline Leodin

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: PSP and Ps1 Dualshock Button Pinouts
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2009, 07:21:59 PM »
This is for link PSX controler in PSP???
Sorry, I`m a newbie.
 :help:

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2009, 07:27:13 PM »
Yeah. It's so that you can use a ps1 controller to control psp buttons.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline Leodin

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2009, 07:09:03 AM »
TKS!!!!!
 :tup: :victory:

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
    • ROOKIE BUILDERS DISCORD
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2009, 08:36:19 AM »
your going to attempted it Leodin.

*Thanks Modders/Friends:Ghost_Death, gr8npwrfl, Blizzrad, Kenshinffx.
*Thanks 802Chives for the Art position!

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Trusted Seller! Slim Modder! Graphics Artist!
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2009, 09:00:17 AM »
I want to make something I think it was f00 foo (legend modder) did on youtube, it was a plug. instead of wiring directly to the PSP, the controller was removable? on the right side of the PSP above the PS with a custom plug. Does anyone have the pinout for the PS2 controllers wires? liek on the END of the plug where you plug it into the PS2. like if you look inside the PS2 controller plug there are pins in there. I would really like to do this, but make it removable also it needs to be for PS2 controllers. Please help!

This isn't the origonal video i watched but I can't find that one, maybe it got removed. anyay it was something like this only it had only 1 connector on the right side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7XkGFH63wI

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2009, 10:31:15 AM »
yea i know what you talking bout it was awesome but hes not the only one that made a really cool looking one talk blizzrad he did on using one plug from a laptop or something. Im trying to the same way except im trying to a ipod connector.

By the way nice sig i like it. :tup:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 10:32:46 AM by Blazinkaos »

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2009, 10:40:42 AM »
yea i know what you talking bout it was awesome but hes not the only one that made a really cool looking one talk blizzrad he did on using one plug from a laptop or something. Im trying to the same way except im trying to a ipod connector.

By the way nice sig i like it. :tup:

Thanks PS is so much fun, if ya ever need a sig or video editing/video SFX contact me ;)

Do you know the pinout for the PS2 controller? I have taken one of mine apart and my PS2 controller to USB adapter both apart and have been studying them for about and hour and can't make heads or tails of it (google was by my side.. not) So do you even know the pinout for PS2 DS2 controller?

Offline Blizzrad

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2009, 11:46:22 AM »
Below are the Ps1/Ps2 controller pinouts, taken from here. More useful info on the protocol can be found here

Code: [Select]
/*
The Playstation Controller Pinouts (from http://www.gamesx.com/controldata/psxcont/psxcont.htm)

LOOKING AT THE PLUG (male connector)
        -------------------------------
 PIN 1->| o  o  o | o  o  o | o  o  o |
        \_____________________________/

PIN # USAGE

1. DATA
   2. COMMAND
   3. N/C
   4. GND
   5. VCC
   6. ATT
   7. CLOCK
   8. N/C
   9. ACK
*/

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2009, 12:24:48 PM »
Thanks PS is so much fun, if ya ever need a sig or video editing/video SFX contact me
Sorry its off topic.
Really ight i would like a new sig of sepheroth i made this one you see by myself while ago. But if you can make something way better then that it would be awesome.

See blizzrad is the man.  :tup:

Whats weird idk if i mentioned it but im not using a any PS1 or PS2 controller im using a wired 360 controller.

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2009, 01:05:47 PM »
Sorry its off topic.
Really ight i would like a new sig of sepheroth i made this one you see by myself while ago. But if you can make something way better then that it would be awesome.

See blizzrad is the man.  :tup:

Whats weird idk if i mentioned it but im not using a any PS1 or PS2 controller im using a wired 360 controller.

Do you have any part of it done yet with the ipod plug? also for the PS2 controller how would you wire it I mean.. these are "packets" not actual solder points or wires... How would you wire everything if you wanted to use a plug and not solder directly to the PSP motherboard. I mean you can change the PS2 plug to the ipod plug (smart idea cause it's small) still the buttons pressed on the PS2 controller are sent through the same wires, each button doesn't use it's own wire.

WAIT.. just thought of something, like the OP said, if you knew the pinout for the PS2 controller CIRCUIT board not wires, then you could solder your own wires so each button had it's own wire, then tie all of them into 1 wire, then solder each wire to a contact point on the ipod plug. Then take the female plug from an old ipod wire the wires to the contact points on the PSP's motherboard where indicated, then instead of wiring those to the controller, wire them to the correct same reverse spots on the female ipod plug... GENIUS! BUT does anyone have the pinout for the PS2's circuit board? I took mine apart and was studying it, everything is moved around from the PSX controller.

**EDIT**

This is insane, I can't find a pic of the ps2 controllers circuit board pinout, they have PSX AND EVEN PS3!! where is the pinout for dual shock 2??  :beg: :cry2: :confused: :cry2:

________________________________________________________________________________________
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 01:19:30 PM by EliteGamer83 »

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2009, 02:55:19 PM »
Yeah your idea about using the ipod plug i believe is how everybody else does it. As for pinouts, you could always try to find them yourself.

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2009, 03:08:35 PM »
Yeah your idea about using the ipod plug i believe is how everybody else does it. As for pinouts, you could always try to find them yourself.

And how would you do that...? The only meter I have is a volt meter.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2009, 03:09:53 PM »
Well somebody told me you can follow the traces and stuff but I couldn't figure that out =\

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2009, 04:06:48 PM »
With the ipod connector the part that i may use from the xbox controller to it is weird cuz i only see like 4 copper connections inside so idk.
The circuit board pinouts um i believe i seen them some where on this site go to either foofoo or blizzrad profile and look at the posts they posted and search through it i believe thats how i found it.
But see this is going to be confusing cuz im trying to wire a xbox controller and you guys are talking bout ps2 controllers lol.
But yea talk blizzrad he can show you all the forums and post about this i seen it. He has it all mapped out.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 04:08:45 PM by Blazinkaos »

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2009, 06:05:08 PM »
With the ipod connector the part that i may use from the xbox controller to it is weird cuz i only see like 4 copper connections inside so idk.
The circuit board pinouts um i believe i seen them some where on this site go to either foofoo or blizzrad profile and look at the posts they posted and search through it i believe thats how i found it.
But see this is going to be confusing cuz im trying to wire a xbox controller and you guys are talking bout ps2 controllers lol.
But yea talk blizzrad he can show you all the forums and post about this i seen it. He has it all mapped out.

I've searched here (Acidmods) and the only pinout for a PS(?) controller posted on here is this thread. :\

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2009, 08:23:37 PM »
So if I want to know the PS2 controllers pinout I have to do it myself even though I have no idea how to?

I'm not just being lazy, I've googled all afternoon (like 4 hours)...  :confused:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 08:26:19 PM by EliteGamer83 »

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2009, 08:15:52 AM »
Ok there is bro go find blizzrad or foof00 profile and search through there post that they post through there whole life time youll find something.

Offline Blizzrad

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2009, 10:53:37 AM »
...for the PS2 controller how would you wire it I mean.. these are "packets" not actual solder points or wires... How would you wire everything if you wanted to use a plug and not solder directly to the PSP motherboard. I mean you can change the PS2 plug to the ipod plug (smart idea cause it's small) still the buttons pressed on the PS2 controller are sent through the same wires, each button doesn't use it's own wire.

Nothing needs to be soldered to the PSP, the serial I/O port can be used to interface serial input devices. This is how devices like the tilt sensor, touchscreen, and chatpad have been made to work with a PSP. In the case of a Ps2 controller this requires an external adapter to boost the voltage supplied by the port to at least 3v, configure and poll the controller, translate the controllers SPI protocol to RS232, and level shift the signals between them. The nice things about this are the controller and PSP never have to be opened up or modified, and support for different modes or buton configurations can be added in software.

...does anyone have the pinout for the PS2's circuit board? I took mine apart and was studying it, everything is moved around from the PSX controller.

Internally, the Ps2 controllers have some significant differences from Ps1 controllers due to the addition of pressure sensitivity for most of the buttons, which also makes them more difficult to hardwire to something like a PSP ( with all digital buttons). There are separate grounds for the digital (select, start, R3, L3, analog on/off) and analog buttons (all other buttons) as well as some other weird stuff going on in there. I have these slightly incomplete pinouts for the ribbon cable connector scribbled down in an old notebook: (the pins count right to left starting at 1 when looking at the back of the controller PCB)

1: L2   7: Select     13: Square
2: L1    8: Analog     14: Cross
3: Up    9: Start      15: Circle
4: Left 10: GND digital  16: Triangle
5: Down 11: GND analog 17: R1
6: Right   12: ?       18: R2
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 10:00:40 AM by Blizzrad »

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2009, 04:58:22 PM »
Nothing needs to be soldered to the PSP, the serial I/O port can be used to interface serial input devices. This is how devices like the tilt sensor, touchscreen, and chatpad have been made to work with a PSP. In the case of a Ps2 controller this requires an external adapter to boost the voltage supplied by the port to at least 3v, configure and poll the controller, translate the controllers SPI protocol to RS232, and level shift the signals between them. The nice things about this are the controller and PSP never have to be opened up or modified, and support for different modes or buton configurations can be added in software.

Is there actually such an adapter made? and do I need CFW for this? cause I don't have CFW.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internally, the Ps2 controllers have some significant differences from Ps1 controllers due to the addition of pressure sensitivity for most of the buttons, which also makes them more difficult to hardwire to something like a PSP ( with all digital buttons). There are separate grounds for the digital (select, start, R3, L3, analog on/off) and analog buttons (all other buttons) as well as some other weird stuff going on in there. I have these slightly incomplete pinouts for the ribbon cable connector scribbled down in an old notebook:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1: L2   7: Select     13: Square
2: L1    8: Analog     14: Cross
3: Up    9: Start      15: Circle
4: Left 10: GND digital  16: Triangle
5: Down 11: GND analog 17: R1
6: Right   12: ?       18: R2

Uhm... yes those are the buttons on a PS2 controller so?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If we are thinking of the same video, the original was removed from youtube; however there is still a duplicate of it on another page that can be seen here:

YES that was the video I was looking for! what plug did he use? it looks like an HDMI with the PS2 AV cable housing  :confused:

« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 05:50:35 PM by EliteGamer83 »

Offline dizzy_chicken

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2009, 06:13:34 AM »
What does pin 8 (analogue) on the controller connect to. I was thinking of using it as a on/off but when i think about it..does it still actually control the analogues? If it does can anybody suggest how to correct it. If its too much trouble ill just use the r2 or l2

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2009, 08:37:03 AM »
1. Please don't bump old threads it's considered spam.

2. If your talking about the pins on the PSX for the left analog that controls the analog on your PSP. There are only 6 pins. You will need to open up the potentiometers and partially cut some of the trace. 

Offline dizzy_chicken

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2009, 06:10:54 AM »
im sorry...spamming? really??

anyway i was talking about the external controller. there are 24 pins at the ribbon connecter. The 8th one its called analogue in the diagram. I was wonder where it connects to.

Offline W-Gaming5

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2009, 04:55:54 PM »
 :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 11:10:39 AM by W-Gaming5 »
:censored:

Offline 56killer

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2009, 10:53:47 AM »
Does anybody have the images because they aren't on photobucket any more or point me in the direction were I can see were is each button the the psp board to solder to.

Offline Gucio_93

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2009, 06:07:17 PM »
Hi. does anybody have the pictures for the ps1 dualshock button pinouts to connect to the psp and a guide on how to connect them. I have been looking for this for a very long time :cry2: and have not found anything useful and all pictures gone! so if you could find the pictures and a guide on how to do the mod then you can send it to me at Gutek_93@hotmail.com  :beg:

please and thank you!!!

Offline W-Gaming5

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2009, 06:10:17 PM »
 :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 11:10:36 AM by W-Gaming5 »
:censored:

Offline jinjin304616

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2009, 05:50:08 PM »
i cant see the pictures , i hope Blizzrad fix this problem as soon as possible,thankyouverymuch

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2009, 07:00:55 PM »
don't bump old topics. They probably will never be fixed.

Thanks to HiddenVenom for the sig!

Offline Blizzrad

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2009, 09:51:00 PM »
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 01:55:37 PM by Blizzrad »

Offline FaT3oYCG

• Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • (Modder for hire) Live in your world, Mod in ours.
    • Modern-Gamer.co.uk
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2009, 11:54:10 PM »
thanks for that man, i came to try and look at them the other day but saw they were down and thought that i would have no chance of getting hold of them, i have grabbed a copy of them now so if they go down again i will link people to them.

Also if you read this reply then it may be a good idea to link to the post with the images in.
----- F@T3oYCG -----

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal