Author Topic: AcidMods SpitFire 360 Controller Tutorial  (Read 226252 times)

Offline Ack Like You Know

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: AcidMods SpitFire 360 Controller Tutorial
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2008, 08:55:46 AM »
Cyber, is there any way I could get a pic of the underside of the crystal timer? The pics you posted are of the same side (or at least appear to be). I don't see where the capacitors are soldered to and where the little silver piece is located. Please, if anyone has a pic of the underside of the crystal, can you post it up so I can proceed to attempt this. Thanks

Offline ff360

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2008, 10:05:13 AM »
I read through the tutorial real quick and it seems pretty straight forward except for one thing.  Correct me if I am wrong but it does not say where to attach the power (Vdd) or the ground (Vss). 

• Can someone confirm if it attaches to the pwr/gnd of the USB for the wired controller mod and the battery for the wireless controller?

The reason that I am asking is because I noticed on the 16F84A data sheet that for a 4mhz crystal the operating range is  4.0v - 5.5v and I believe the wireless controller runs at about 3v.  So could you run the 16F84A using the power from a wireless?

There does not seem to be any power issues with the wired controller since the USB power source is 5v, which is in the range of 16F84A.

Only other question that I have [for the wired controller mod] is when you set a pin high on the 16F84A it will bring it up to 5v and I believe when you push the physical button on the controller it only goes 1.8v. 

• Is there any issues with bringing the button up to 5v with the 16F84A when normally the buttons only see 1.8v?

Great stuff guys, I love the tutorial!

I am sure you have thought of this already but, why not use a 16F88 instead of the 16F84A?  The 16F88 has an internal oscillator (can be set to 31 kHz,125 kHz, 250 kHz, 500 kHz, 1 MHz, 2 MHz,4 MHz, 8 MHz) which will make things easier for people and I believe the price difference is very minimal.  Anyway thank you for sharing this its a great mod! Take care.

Offline SYSTEM aka (Cyberpyrot)

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2008, 11:36:04 AM »
I read through the tutorial real quick and it seems pretty straight forward except for one thing.  Correct me if I am wrong but it does not say where to attach the power (Vdd) or the ground (Vss). 

• Can someone confirm if it attaches to the pwr/gnd of the USB for the wired controller mod and the battery for the wireless controller?

The reason that I am asking is because I noticed on the 16F84A data sheet that for a 4mhz crystal the operating range is  4.0v - 5.5v and I believe the wireless controller runs at about 3v.  So could you run the 16F84A using the power from a wireless?

There does not seem to be any power issues with the wired controller since the USB power source is 5v, which is in the range of 16F84A.

Only other question that I have [for the wired controller mod] is when you set a pin high on the 16F84A it will bring it up to 5v and I believe when you push the physical button on the controller it only goes 1.8v. 

• Is there any issues with bringing the button up to 5v with the 16F84A when normally the buttons only see 1.8v?

Great stuff guys, I love the tutorial!

I am sure you have thought of this already but, why not use a 16F88 instead of the 16F84A?  The 16F88 has an internal oscillator (can be set to 31 kHz,125 kHz, 250 kHz, 500 kHz, 1 MHz, 2 MHz,4 MHz, 8 MHz) which will make things easier for people and I believe the price difference is very minimal.  Anyway thank you for sharing this its a great mod! Take care.

We are currently  doing another tut for with another chip with an internal OSC.. the hot points on the wireless are marked on the underside of the mobo but we have a better location that is switched.. The chip we used is rated for 2.2v and the Wireless controler has a voltage of 2.6v well withing the operating range of the IC..

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2008, 03:50:51 PM »
Hey cyber. i'm new to the programming aspect and had a question about how I would go about programming the code you set up for turbo fire so I could program the hex to a PIC. If you could PM me or point me in the direction of the materials I need, that would be great. Thanks

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2008, 04:49:20 PM »
Hey cyber. i'm new to the programming aspect and had a question about how I would go about programming the code you set up for turbo fire so I could program the hex to a PIC. If you could PM me or point me in the direction of the materials I need, that would be great. Thanks

Well my PM's are off do to server issues.. but I can tell you here what you will need to flash chips....

This is all you need to flash

http://www.imagesco.com/microcontroller/epic-usb-port-programmer.html

and the pic

http://www.imagesco.com/microcontroller/pic-microcontrollers.html

get this pic for this tutorial 16F84A 20MHz 13 I/O

Also keep this in mind with having this you will be able to flash any other code we develope.. like cough***Head Tracking 360***Cough
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 04:51:09 PM by Cyberpyrot »

Offline ff360

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2008, 06:04:09 PM »
We are currently  doing another tut for with another chip with an internal OSC.. the hot points on the wireless are marked on the underside of the mobo but we have a better location that is switched.. The chip we used is rated for 2.2v and the Wireless controler has a voltage of 2.6v well withing the operating range of the IC..

Again, very nice mod.  I figured you were looking into a chip with an internal OSC.  So I guess you are using the 16LF84A for wireless mod since it operates from 2.0v-5.5v at 4Mhz.  That is what I thought just wanted to confirm before I started to order anything.

One last question, when you moded the wired controller do you connect the PIC straight up to the USB power source?  Just want to make sure I would do it right.

Thanks!

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2008, 06:09:34 PM »
Again, very nice mod.  I figured you were looking into a chip with an internal OSC.  So I guess you are using the 16LF84A for wireless mod since it operates from 2.0v-5.5v at 4Mhz.  That is what I thought just wanted to confirm before I started to order anything.

One last question, when you moded the wired controller do you connect the PIC straight up to the USB power source?  Just want to make sure I would do it right.

Thanks!

For wired controller we used a 100 ohm resister to the 5v source

also I think we are going to use the 16LF628 because it will match up with the old chip so the tutorial will change very little.

yes the old chip with the crystal was the 16LF84A
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 06:12:24 PM by Cyberpyrot »

Offline Serb

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2008, 09:21:18 PM »
im going be finishing up the initial controller shell modification with the 18 pin socket on wednsday, i assume none of the controller shell modifications are going to change except the wiring to the pic in your new tutorial? (Hopefully i can get the pictures of how it turned out posted on wednsday night or thursday)

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2008, 06:14:26 PM »
Here is a blow up view the crystal is on the other side..

^^^^^Could you provide a picture of the other side of this for me? Two pictures were posted of the same thing and I need to see the other side before I proceed. Thanks^^^^^

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2008, 07:50:52 PM »
Here is a blow up view the crystal is on the other side..

^^^^^Could you provide a picture of the other side of this for me? Two pictures were posted of the same thing and I need to see the other side before I proceed. Thanks^^^^^

I did not take a picture of the other side but Nico has detailed pictures..

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2008, 04:01:51 AM »
Nice, where's Nico's pics? Interested in getting started

Offline KingMike_OS

• Shop Owner - Products & Support
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • R&D
    • Modding Shop At the end of the Universe
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2008, 05:06:14 AM »
I can post the picture of my backside, the internal Clock Today .
Just need to take a picture

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2008, 06:20:04 AM »
nice, thanks man. Also, if there is anyone with an easier to follow picture tutorial of the pin out, that would be great. I can't for the life of me follow that pin out diagram posted in the original post. Thanks guys.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 06:22:42 AM by Ack Like You Know »

Offline KingMike_OS

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • R&D
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2008, 10:45:57 AM »

I cut the trace on 3 of them before i start

Blue Wires : Pin 16, 15, 14
Red Wire VDD
Gray Wire GND
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 03:56:30 AM by KingMike_OS »

Offline KingMike_OS

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • R&D
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2008, 02:02:19 AM »
Here Some more Picture of My Controller

I'm not happy with it i could of done better oh well my first one

Offline KingMike_OS

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • R&D
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2008, 11:21:40 AM »
Here some more Picture

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2008, 02:36:48 PM »
hey bud just a friendly reminder dont double/triple post edit ur last one  :tup:

Offline isaac gs0

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2008, 10:44:22 PM »
i like this spit fire mod alot and will most likely get around to doing it but not currently.

well i was surfing around on www.instructables.com and found this which is almost the same exact thing. http://www.instructables.com/id/Hacking-the-Xbox-CONTROLLER/?ALLSTEPS i wish that the date that acid mods posted was still up to see if this guy ripped us off.

So if he did someone needs to say he owes us some credit
We exist without skin color, nationality, or religious bias... and you call us criminals. You build atomic bombs, wage wars, murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals.

Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity.
-The Mentor 19

Offline Serb

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2008, 12:43:01 AM »
i highly doubt that this was stolen from that website... These kind of these have been done before, the idea has existed for a very long time. I really like how they did it here, the idea of swapping pic's for games is awesome. If you have used microcontrollers/fpga's before you would know that there is hardly any need to "copy". I gotta get a new glue gun, just need to glue gun the socket and connect wires to controller points

Offline imagitronics

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2008, 04:22:30 AM »
Amazing mod.

Has anyone figured out how to interface with the analog stick controls? I'm not sure if the PIC chip has an ADC on board, but the uC that I intend to use supports Analog inputs.

I'd like to do some work that involves the analog sticks, so any information would be appreciated.

Once again, great mod.
Tim

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2008, 03:01:55 PM »
Amazing mod.

Has anyone figured out how to interface with the analog stick controls? I'm not sure if the PIC chip has an ADC on board, but the uC that I intend to use supports Analog inputs.

I'd like to do some work that involves the analog sticks, so any information would be appreciated.

Once again, great mod.
Tim

We are working on that now.. We actualy did it we are going to release it soon..

Offline Serb

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2008, 04:58:21 PM »
uhm have you guys writen any code for halo 3 for the spitfire mod? id love to try it, im pretty much done building mine

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2008, 05:39:33 PM »
uhm have you guys writen any code for halo 3 for the spitfire mod? id love to try it, im pretty much done building mine

Nico has and we have some code for doing a 180 but it requires rewiring the controller a bit.

Offline KingMike_OS

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • R&D
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2008, 03:42:21 AM »
I got it done Finaly i'm gald it over now i can start on the new project hehe
Thanks for the help Cyber and Neco  :dribble:  :#1:

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2008, 09:59:25 AM »
I'm not up to speed on the technical aspects of this mod, so could someone explain to me what "vdd" means and where the "data" lead of the pin goes to?

Also, if I were to supply a wired controller and all the parts to make the mod, how much would one of you guys charge me to put it together for me?

Offline KingMike_OS

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • R&D
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2008, 12:10:23 PM »
Vdd is the hot wire or the power
Data dose not go any where is not use in the mod

And if you sending the parts and controller we can do it for $149.95 that is including shipping cost with Ups 3 day servise insurance and tracking turn around time is about  2 - 3 days .

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2008, 01:08:31 PM »
Ok, definitely wasn't looking at spending $150, but ok. Does the vdd go to somewhere on the controller pcb? If so, where?

Offline Serb

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2008, 01:39:07 PM »
i dont think im going to be opening up my controller again for rewiring, it wasnt that fun to put it back together O_O.

X801769-026     COD4-Basic-All-Models
what does the first file do? what game is it for? is it just standard right trigger is rapid fire?

Offline KingMike_OS

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • R&D
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2008, 02:14:17 PM »
Ok Vdd is the + you get it from the controller Board i use the Mic Area if you look at the picturs all the VDD are red Wire for hot +

also is 150.00 too much, it's lot of work already wiring 18 pins and making it all fit in the case and work .. how much did you have in minde ??

2nd Question : X801769-026     COD4-Basic-All-Models

the 1st one is for that controller board if you take the battery out there is a number
which is in this case X801769-026 use that hex file for dose  which is for COD4

and for all other controller for COD4 use COD4-Basic-All-Models hex file

The rapidfire is the switches that wire to the Pin 17 / 18 one of them will be rapidfire
and the other one for reload, gun switch, jump and etc

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2008, 02:27:25 PM »
I have started it myself, but I just don't feel confident proceeding any further. I have installed a momentary button and an LED in the front shell and I have installed the socket, soldered wires to the socket, and installed the buttons into the back part of the socket. I just need someone who is condfident enough to build the crystal and solder the wires I have already installed to their correct points for function. How much do you think the remainder of the project from what I have said is worth in your time in skill? I just don't want to proceed any further. I am confident in what I have done so far, but I am a little shaky on the rest. Let me know what you can do. Thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal