Author Topic: Help me with this diagram please..  (Read 4817 times)

Offline Pslim

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Mad Modifier
Help me with this diagram please..
« on: April 03, 2008, 05:28:47 PM »

Can someone please tell me what the circled areas are? is this where the SM LED's go? Can this mod also be used to amplify the internal speakers of the Slim and the LED's at the same time??

Edit stop typing in GLOW

« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 09:13:58 PM by l0rdnic0 »
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most !!

Offline Dannon

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Help me with this diagram please..
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 11:31:23 PM »
Yes that is where the LEDs go, this is the sound reactive mod using what I am assuming is the LM386, I didn't know there was two LM386 chips needed but I guess it makes sense now I think about it. Anyway, trying to amplify you internal speakers probably isn't the best idea, the internal speakers are designed to go to about the volume they go to and no higher, you can however fit a another speaker or two if you so wish but have a look around and look at some other threads, this has most definitely been done before.

<I have never done this before so this information is provided with a 'to the best of my knowledge' disclaimer>

Offline Pslim

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Mad Modifier
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 10:41:29 AM »

Why cant this be put together like this? What r the gain and bypass legs for on both sides? You would have to build one for each side. :dntknw:
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 09:14:36 PM by l0rdnic0 »

Offline *FuFa

• learn2/spell/
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Spam King Barfday Boy¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 11:05:44 AM »
Have you ever seen a chip with 7 Legs instead of 8? Yeah me neither, that's why they put some extra pins there from time to time.

The symbol you circled are the LEDs, also it's SMD LED not SM.

Also yes, it can be put together like that, but that would be mono, meaning the LED only displays  the sound of one speaker, the other picture you posted first is for stereo, meaning the leds react to the music coming from each speaker individually.

Have no shame in being kindly and gentle, but if the time comes in the time of your life to kill, kill and have no regret. In the time of your life, live so that, in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

Offline T3KN1K4L

• Virtual Modder Development Slavedriver!
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Not Admin
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 11:21:29 AM »
Ok, first, in the top picture you are looking at the stereo set-up of the sound reactive mod...  the symbals are the LEDs, the two arrows respresent light being emited by the LED, normally the arrows are rendered in the color of the LED used, but since this is up to the end user I drew them without a specific color...  If you take a look at the LM386 Data Sheet, you will see the internal gain is 20, but using the Gain pins (Not going to go into the exact method of doing this) you can set the gain to whatever you might need...  The Bypass pin is just that, it can be designed into a circuit to bypass the IC...  In order to design an effective speaker amplifier circuit, i would sugest you search for the LM386 Data Sheet on google and start with their suggested circuit diagrams.

Offline Pslim

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Mad Modifier
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 11:22:33 AM »

+20 GAIN FROM CHIP

+200 GAIN

BASS BOOST

The gain from the chip itself internally is set to +20 without any other capacitors inline which I think would give the internal speakers a good sound. You can also make it with a bass boost but I dont think the internal speakers could handle any more bass that what is already handled.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 09:15:09 PM by l0rdnic0 »

Offline Pslim

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Mad Modifier
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 12:37:26 PM »

Why cant it be done like this? Do u think it will damage the internal speakers? I dont see why it wont work. If you do this per speaker then the LED's will flash according to the sound on that side(speaker). Am I correct?

Sorry for the double post of this diagram.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 09:15:56 PM by l0rdnic0 »

Offline *FuFa

• learn2/spell/
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Spam King Barfday Boy¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 01:13:02 PM »
The LEDs will blow, the speaker might break if it isn't rated for that.

Have no shame in being kindly and gentle, but if the time comes in the time of your life to kill, kill and have no regret. In the time of your life, live so that, in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

Offline Pslim

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Mad Modifier
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 05:47:57 PM »
How will this blow the LED's when its pretty much the same setup that L0rdnic0 uses except I added the speaker on the other side???? :dntknw:
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 09:16:26 PM by l0rdnic0 »

Offline l0rdnic0

• 2%
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +8/-0
  • TeamCYBER

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 09:19:59 PM »
In your last diagram, where you have the speaker on the output side of the LM386 would work but you would blow the PSP speakers the first time you turned it all the way up.

PS. I have edited your posts please do not type in all GLOW Text.

L0rdNiC0 Pioneering Mods on the PSP Slim :taunt:
Sound Mod, Button LED Mod, Security Mod, Dual NUB, Mode Select Switch + More

Offline Pslim

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Mad Modifier
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2008, 10:37:38 PM »
Is there any replacements out there that would be more powerful than the originals that would fit in its place? :confused: :confused:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 06:10:31 AM by Pslim »

Offline sh4r0m

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 09:00:56 PM »
l0rdnic0 's right you know. it works well at a low volume but not when you turn it all the way up. I've already blown my speakers because of that. however i could still get sounds thru my headphones

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal