Author Topic: How would I go about doing this?  (Read 3751 times)

Offline Random9190

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
How would I go about doing this?
« on: January 01, 2015, 08:10:47 PM »
I want to have the sync button be an indicator for a few different things. How/where would I connect the wire to the PIC from; would I need a sensor of some sort? I would also like to use the actual button to trigger something, would I be able to make it so the first press would trigger that action but a second press of that button would make it perform its normal action? How would I wire the sync unto the PIC?

Edit:Forgot to mention what I want the Sync LED to indicate...So I want it to indicate the battery charge, so at like 50% the red LED will turn on and another LED will turn off.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 08:15:02 PM by Random9190 »

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

Re: How would I go about doing this?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 09:17:33 PM »
What pic are u speaking of? Do u or have u programmed a microchip to perform such functions?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 09:23:07 PM by WHITE 4ND N3RDY »

Offline Random9190

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 09:59:06 PM »
What pic are u speaking of? Do u or have u programmed a microchip to perform such functions?

I haven't yet decided upon a PIC as I am still working on figuring out exactly how many pins I will need. No, I have not yet got a PIC to do this as I need to find out where to solder all  wires and how to code a few of features right, such as figuring out how to get the battery level to be read, and how to get the sync to not automatically perform its normal function but run through the PIC first instead.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 10:19:50 PM »
Well u figure the sync button takes about 1000 ms or 1 second of a hold before it does its main function. As long as u write your code to tap the sync button under say 300 ms or maybe even 500ms it should perform the request to the pic without the main sync function take place.

I unfortunately have no knowledge of writing programs but I do understand how to make mods and the timings that can be applied. As long as the pic registers the sync being tapped "held down" for under 300 MS "just to be in a good safe zone" then the main sync function should not be compromized and it should register the command to the pic.

Offline Random9190

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 10:34:08 PM »
Well u figure the sync button takes about 1000 ms or 1 second of a hold before it does its main function. As long as u write your code to tap the sync button under say 300 ms or maybe even 500ms it should perform the request to the pic without the main sync function take place.

I unfortunately have no knowledge of writing programs but I do understand how to make mods and the timings that can be applied. As long as the pic registers the sync being tapped "held down" for under 300 MS "just to be in a good safe zone" then the main sync function should not be compromized and it should register the command to the pic.
be h

Alright, thanks. Turned on a controller to see if i could tap the sync and have it not register. The sync did not. Where would I need to connect the wire to on the sync? How would I sense the level of the battery(figure using an if then statement should work to tell the LED to change).

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 10:53:39 PM »
Here's a link that shows a Xbox 360 cg2 board scan

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,34543.0.html

If u look were the sync button is it shows a via or trace that can be solderd to or u can solder it directly to the sync tac switch. There are three tiny pins on the sync tac. U would need to solder to the middle pin to connect it to the sync button. That or scrap the green coating of the via "that's detailed as a purple line" from the sync exposeing the cooper trace. No matter the soldering location u choose its a tricky place to solder  and is pretty much the hardest spot to solder to on the 360 controller.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 10:55:37 PM by WHITE 4ND N3RDY »

Offline Random9190

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 04:38:33 PM »
Here's a link that shows a Xbox 360 cg2 board scan

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,34543.0.html

If u look were the sync button is it shows a via or trace that can be solderd to or u can solder it directly to the sync tac switch. There are three tiny pins on the sync tac. U would need to solder to the middle pin to connect it to the sync button. That or scrap the green coating of the via "that's detailed as a purple line" from the sync exposeing the cooper trace. No matter the soldering location u choose its a tricky place to solder  and is pretty much the hardest spot to solder to on the 360 controller.

Alright, I can do that. For me to detect when the battery is low I would have to solder Tp8 into an ADC on a PIC, correct?? Also, could someone possibly point me to site that sells White Gloss Controllers in a wired shell (I can not seem to find one, plenty of wireless but no wired?)]

[/url]

I have this old phone battery, would I be able to use it for a internal battery mod, if so where would I solder the middle metal tab on top? For those who can't see the battery is 3.7 V Lithium-ion.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 07:30:22 PM by WHITE 4ND N3RDY »

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 07:25:58 PM »
Yes I'm sure u can use the battery. It should say if it operates @ 3.7 v. That's the sourse of voltage u want. U might want to look at the mAh on that battery. If its 1000 mah that's roughly 10 hrs the battery will last.

If you want to check what connections go where on that battery u should purchase a multimeter reader. They are very cheep and u can find them at almost any hardware store or radio shack. Besides a multimeter will come in handy in so many was on your project, that or u have a one and two chance of soldering to the right pad. Once u charge it u will know if u wired it wrong and its as simple of just soldering to the next pad over.

One last thing would be to think about space. Without having your wired shell u can't test to see if that battery will be to big to fit in your controller.

Offline Random9190

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2015, 07:39:30 PM »
Yes I'm sure u can use the battery. It should say if it operates @ 3.7 v. That's the sourse of voltage u want. U might want to look at the mAh on that battery. If its 1000 mah that's roughly 10 hrs the battery will last.

If you want to check what connections go where on that battery u should purchase a multimeter reader. They are very cheep and u can find them at almost any hardware store or radio shack. Besides a multimeter will come in handy in so many was on your project, that or u have a one and two chance of soldering to the right pad. Once u charge it u will know if u wired it wrong and its as simple of just soldering to the next pad over.

One last thing would be to think about space. Without having your wired shell u can't test to see if that battery will be to big to fit in your controller.

The battery says that it has 1500 mAh. As for the shell I will try looking at some more websites. Thanks for all the help.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2015, 07:52:41 PM »
Yea that should give u about 14 hours of gameplay!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal