Author Topic: Extra Buttons to replicate other actions  (Read 6742 times)

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
Extra Buttons to replicate other actions
« on: February 10, 2008, 09:03:41 AM »
In response to this:
Hi all, i'm 27 and i'm disabled. I'm in a wheelchair but I can still play most games. I'm from The Netherlands. I am happy you guys think about us as we would also like to be able to have fun gaming. I spoke to ubisoft about GRAW pressure sensativaty for a way to disable it but do you think they listened. Developers do not care about us.

1.) What type of challenges do (you / your friend) face when trying to play videogames?

The only thing I hate about some games is when developers make games where you can not disable pressure sensative function as I can not fully press down the trigger. One game which has this (only campaign) is all GRAW series. It sucks to play the campaign. Also most games have parts in the game where you have to rapidly click or press triggers. No way I can play the game because I can not press/click that fast.

2.) Does (your / your friends) disability limit (your / their) hand or finger movements or are (you / they) unable to use (your / their) hands to control moment or game play?

I have no problem with movement. Only problem is the triggers or clicks on the 2 analog joysticks.

3.) What would be the perfect controller for you?

A voice controller like yours is great and if it could manage to press any button in a game rapidly by saying a word fast that would be cool

I was talking to him and we have come to the solution that if 4 extra buttons could be added to the bottom of the controller to simulate analog clicks and full trigger pulls.  The buttons would be placed approximately where your ring and index fingers lie.  I believe the POC has already been done numerous times, would anyone be up to the task of building one?  Preferably someone near him in The Nederlands.

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
Re: Extra Buttons to replicate other actions
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 09:22:41 AM »
i'm totally up for it i can get a donation of a controller i'll do it for free,i'll do almost anything he requests i'm really good at this kind of thing,plus i live in ireland and postage to nederlands i about 5e (6.50$) cos we're both in europe
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 09:32:09 AM by ryan0 »
Derp.

Offline SYSTEM aka (Cyberpyrot)

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 09:27:05 AM »
pressure pads on the bottom. Is this for a 360? perhaps we can get some 360 controller donations for some research.

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 04:58:19 PM »
I was thinking more like F00's mod

Offline aquatsr

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0