Author Topic: GP2x Console mods (yes, they have been done :D )  (Read 8433 times)

edhel

GP2x Console mods (yes, they have been done :D )
« on: January 18, 2008, 01:05:59 PM »
over at ben hecks forums there are quite a few awesome gp2x mods, here is one, but there are more if you search :)

http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?t=22268

PvP_LostKnight

Re: GP2x Console mods (yes, they have been done :D )
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 01:14:17 PM »
lol its only a psx screen and simple mods he's doing. hes not done yet. it seems like every mod he's done he reuses that same psx screen

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 06:16:39 PM »
1) That's not ben heckerdorn its a user on the forums

2) that's because the psx screen is exellent for adapting to other screens, there's a thread somewhere in those forums

3) edhel actually has it right, an enlarged screen is an EXELLENT mod

Offline bacteria

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Games Console System Modder
    • Bacteria's site
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 05:03:38 PM »
I am the modder concerned on the BenHeck forum; I just thought I would check this site out, stumbled on this thread.

I don't use the same PSone screen for my projects, I have a few of these screens available for modding; two new boxed, one on my GP2x mod, one on my combined N64/GBA mod (which I will strip apart in due course), one used one, and one which needs the fuse by-passed to work - I have a few. Anyway, if you read the thread, the GP2x mod mods the PSone screen to take S-video.

The PSone screen is a good screen to use and is versatile to use.

Any modding project is easy if you break it down into its component tasks; and each console mod has its own problems and issues to address, this one has its own unique ones; making a rotating screen is a unique concept for a start. If you trivialize the work required in console modding, it proves a lack of understanding of the work required, especially as in each project I do I experiment with new methods and techniques. Sure this project is WIP at the moment as it needs a lot of work to complete but I am getting there, although I have proved the system works on pics I posted on my thread. Making a system including case can easily take 3-4 months work, on and off.

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 04:09:49 PM »
Bacteria pwns.

i gotta agree with that

Offline SYSTEM aka (Cyberpyrot)

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 05:40:31 PM »
I am the modder concerned on the BenHeck forum; I just thought I would check this site out, stumbled on this thread.

I don't use the same PSone screen for my projects, I have a few of these screens available for modding; two new boxed, one on my GP2x mod, one on my combined N64/GBA mod (which I will strip apart in due course), one used one, and one which needs the fuse by-passed to work - I have a few. Anyway, if you read the thread, the GP2x mod mods the PSone screen to take S-video.

The PSone screen is a good screen to use and is versatile to use.

Any modding project is easy if you break it down into its component tasks; and each console mod has its own problems and issues to address, this one has its own unique ones; making a rotating screen is a unique concept for a start. If you trivialize the work required in console modding, it proves a lack of understanding of the work required, especially as in each project I do I experiment with new methods and techniques. Sure this project is WIP at the moment as it needs a lot of work to complete but I am getting there, although I have proved the system works on pics I posted on my thread. Making a system including case can easily take 3-4 months work, on and off.

Awsome job :D

Offline bacteria

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Bacteria's site
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 12:49:52 AM »
Thanks guys for the comments!  :victory:

See you guys at the forums on  www.benheck.com ??  :cool:  It is a very good site if you don't know it for console modding and related hacking.

Offline Aricado

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Hiding under your bed devouring your dreams..
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 06:49:32 AM »
i gotta agree with that
Seems like someone doesn't like my posts as they reveal who's the one with skills and who's not.
Good you've quoted my post 1Sniper.Bacteria you know what I think about you.  :victory:

Aricado: Kenshinffx made my sig.
"I made your Avatar too!"
Aricado: Get outta my head!!!!

Offline dcoke

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 06:53:02 PM »
why mod such a machine if you can't improve on the specs?

Offline bacteria

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Bacteria's site
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 05:52:08 AM »
why mod such a machine if you can't improve on the specs?

Because you can improve how the system feels and responds and make it more comfortable. It also has a bigger screen size.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal