Author Topic: Easy Background Coloring  (Read 3890 times)

Offline 4dP

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Modder For Hire - AM Donator
    • Modder For Hire website Hire me
Easy Background Coloring
« on: January 05, 2008, 12:50:00 PM »
This tut will show you a fast easy way to color a gray background with colors from your render. Feel free to use the images below

Before

After

Duplicate the layer your render is

Press CRTL+T to use enter Free Transform.

Stretch the render across the background you want to color. Don't worry if its pixelated

You can either use the Gaussian blur or motion blur for this example I am using Gaussian blur. Go to Filter>Blur>Gaussian Blur 

Have the radius around 8-11 pixels and click OK

Drag the layer with the stretched blurred render above the background you wish to apply color.

Use your marquee tool to make a selection the size of the background. right click or CRTL+click on the mac and select cut Layer Via Cut

Now delete the layer just cut from.

Finally set the lay to overlay and your done.

PINOY AKO

Offline decy90

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Easy Background Coloring
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 01:10:28 PM »
Good job, but why would samus be coming out of a PSP? lol unless she's trying to get away from the sony product hehehe

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 02:14:22 PM »
Good job, but why would samus be coming out of a PSP? lol unless she's trying to get away from the sony product hehehe

Someone reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaallly doesnt know what a pop-out sig is o_O

good job 4dp

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 02:07:33 PM »
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=13288.0

Nice way of making backgrounds, i prefer another image, but sometimes i find myself using the same colours and stuff.
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 02:12:52 PM »
Yeha i do that to ... ill do the same thing over and over again without thinking cos i think it looks good lol

Offline mattjohn

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 12:55:05 AM »
In 2D computer graphics, a clipping path is a closed vector path, or shape, used to cut out an image in current image editing software. Anything inside the path will be included after the clipping path is applied; anything outside the path will be omitted from the output. Applying the clipping path results in a hard edge.

The inside of the path is defined by its direction. Reversing the direction of a path reverses what is considered inside or outside. An inclusive path is one where what is visually "inside" the path corresponds to what will be preserved; an exclusive path, of opposite direction, contains what is visually "outside" the path. By convention, a clockwise path that is non-self-intersecting is considered inclusive.

A compound path results from the combination of multiple paths (inclusive and exclusive) and the Boolean operations that ultimately determine what the combined path contains. For instance, an inclusive path which contains a smaller exclusive path results in a shape with a "hole" (defined by the exclusive path).

One common use of a clipping path is to cull objects that do not need to be rendered because they are outside the user's view port or obscured by display elements (such as an HUD).

I have done some courses related to photoshop in a+ certification.

Thanks;

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal