Author Topic: USB Charge by wesley_huddleston1  (Read 52563 times)

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
USB Charge by wesley_huddleston1
« on: January 04, 2008, 02:22:51 PM »
created by: wesley_huddleston1

First disassemble your PSP all the way down to the motherboard, and remove the motherboard, here's a nice start...

Once you have removed the motherboard from the PSP turn it over. Here's the area on the motherboard you'll be working with...

The first point you will need to solder is at the USB port. Fitting the wire into the tight areas around the USB port is easier if you bend your wire a little so that it travels between some of the other components on the motherboard (as you can see above). Here's the solder point at the USB connector...

Next you will need to solder the wire to the power connector. Here's the solder point for the power connector...

Now let's test it out! Put your motherboard back into the PSP, hook up your power board, and insert the battery. Now hook up your USB cable like you normally would for data transfer, now look at your Power LED. Did it light up Orange like it does when your PSP is charging? If so then then that means that your new mod works!

Here you can see there's no battery in and no power plug, just the USB, and it's on and running...

Now put your PSP back together and enjoy it's new charging capability! You can also continue on to the companion tutorial for this mod, and convert your AC Adapter to a USB Charger!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 05:14:47 PM by Cloud »

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal